Verizon tried to double FIOS price

Saxum

I was canned by Verizon as part of the cost savings and work shifted to India as happens to most of their engineering programs are after first few years.

When I signed up for Fios three service package (Internet, phone and TV) I was told that I was getting employee package which was lower than price available elsewhere but then later found same deals in newspaper leaflets and in my wife's school benefit packages but did not push it since price was same. Three months after I was laid off I find out they are raising price to $237.44 for same service, the same service which they were charging me $114.77 for before.

My wife called me at work and she was told she could get internet only for $85.?? per month which is more then we were paying in base price not including equipment, taxes, etc and more than the advertising flyers they have been sending to our house repeatedly. They said those rates were not applicable since were only for new customers. She asked if she terminated service and returned could we get that rate and got no response.

I told her to call back and tell them that we wanted to cancel service and after several levels of support they agreed to drop the price to the advertised price range but I do not see any guarantee in price nor do we get the $200 gift card, Still unhappy how we were treated and extremely dislike continuing to giving them money but not many choices in area. Had Cox and service is worse than Verizon and several of our friends have satellite service but they pay more than us when you add up the dish, service and separate cell phone service.

Companies really spend too much on advertising and not enough on keeping customers; Cox sent me letters for weeks trying to get me to return but had no interest in fixing issues when we had service with them other than "reboot the router" advice.

Verizon has the worst customer service. If you call enough numbers and stay on hold long enough, you can usually find the right person who will cut you a deal.

We have fios phone and Internet-- but thankfully DirectTV.

yep, I go through this every year. The thing is they have an investment in your house with the FIOS crap. So losing customers is not a good business plan. They do not come in, remove their property and wiring. so every year we call until finally someone will listen and renew at the " new subscriber" price point. In fact last March they had a offer of HBO free for a year so we got that thrown in. The thing with verizon is because of plaster walls in the house. Their WIFI actually works great anywhere. company's like briteview suck. So not looking forward to dealing with those azzholes again next March. Hopefully will be gone anyways. The bottom line is keep calling after most reps say they won't budge.

Verizon has the worst customer service. If you call enough numbers and stay on hold long enough, you can usually find the right person who will cut you a deal.

We have fios phone and Internet-- but thankfully DirectTV.

DTV burned me. I moved and at the new house I could not get service because of trees and line of sight issues. I had moved DVR's with me. They sat in my garage for months. I asked DTV what to do with them and got no answer. I junked them. Months later they sent me a bill for $300 because I did not send cards back. I had been a ten year customer. I fought them and they threatened collections so I paid.

Funny think is they send me letters at least two or three times per month offering deals if I will return. I still get Sunday Ticket because they have monopoly on it but F them when it relates to anything else.