My wife asked me if I wanted to go to beauty pageant Friday

Saxum

My wife said her friend had tickets to the pageant on Friday. I resisted my temptation to ask her if swimsuit competition was included and made joke saying I'd be glad to go with two beauties. She said that GIRLS would be in it not women (I was worried for a while it may be one the child pageants) and asked which one and where? She did not know but doing a quick google search found that is is the 2015 Miss Asian American Beauty Pageant final (not surprising since my wife and friend are Asian). No idea what kind of tickets we have but I am guessing they are complimentary from some connection of her friend who works part time in a salon which probably means I'd have better view on TV if it is on TV but if it makes my wife happy to go watch beautiful women, I will.

I looked at the program and no it appears there are no swimsuits.

11902543_852913924803954_879977941054472

I really struggle to think of a more boring way to spend a Friday night. Have fun.

A few of those girls are Peurto Rican. Bogus.

Dr Fong was right, it was extremely boring and very peculiar, There were supposed to be 15 finalists and there were only 11 on stage - they did not renumber the finalists (#1, #2, #8 and #14 were missing) but skipped their numbers with no effort to explain it except some weak jokes. Age of contestants ranged from 17 (high school seniors) to 26 which I have never seen in a a pageant but all were attractive.

A good portion of the show was concentrating on awards the committee was given including several by two from state government; basically patting themselves on back. There were 10 judges and each of the judges were introduced and some of them were from sponsor companies; considering amount of time spent thanking sponsor companies in middle of show (think of the credits of a movie) this made it double advertising. They had a large screen behind the show which was rarely used and especially considering the different nationalities in audience they should have used it more in presentations rather than reciting page after page of text. There was a brief swimsuit competition not listed in program but without binoculars it would hard to get a good view of any of the contestants.

Oh and none of the contestants who were on stage were "Peurto Rican" - a few had mixed heritage but all were at least partially Asian including a Russian-Korean woman from central Asia and an exchange student from China.