All-22 breakdown of Charles Clay, key to the Roman Offense

YoloinOhio

http://billsmafia.com/2015/10/06/buffalo-bills-all-22-breakdown-te-charles-clay-already-proving-his-value-as-featured-player/

Buffalo Bills All-22 Breakdown: TE Charles Clay Already Proving His Value As Featured Player

Through the teams first four games of the 2015 season, Clay has been a focal point of Buffalos offense, catching 21 passes for 255 yards and two touchdowns. Hes used all over the field and constantly put in motion, so opposing defenses need to be aware of where he is at all times.

Edited by YoloinOhio

He was college-open most of the day against the Giants. Titans will be focused on him this Sunday but the big boys that can run and catch are hard to handle for any defense.

He's gotta be glad he's not in Miami anymore.

He's on pace for a 1,000 yard, 8 TD season. Former I would think would be a bills record and maybe latter too. Both would substantially exceed his numbers in miami, and seriously call into question tannehills skills Edited by JTSP

He's on pace for a 1,000 yard, 8 TD season. Former I would think would be a bills record and maybe latter too. Both would substantially exceed his numbers in miami, and seriously call into question tannehills skills

while I'm not a huge Tannehill fan, he seemed to use him quite a bit. He was a safety valve for him for sure, but Clay missed time due to injury last year which impacted his numbers. The year prior, he was a top 100 player catching passes from Tanny. All that said I do think there is symbiosis with Clay's skill set and Roman's scheme that will indeed maximize the effectiveness and potential beyond what he had in Miami. Edited by YoloinOhio

while I'm not a huge Tannehill fan, he seemed to use him quite a bit. He was a safety valve for him for sure, but Clay missed time due to injury last year which impacted his numbers. The year prior, he was a top 100 player catching passes from Tanny. All that said I do think there is symbiosis with Clay's skill set and Roman's scheme that will indeed maximize the effectiveness and potential beyond what he had in Miami.

Last year yeah, but before that he played 4 seasons with a minimum 14 games each. And it's funny all the times we played them, I dont recall thinking he was anything special and needed to be game planned for Edited by JTSP

Last year yeah, but before that he played 4 seasons with a minimum 14 games each. And it's funny all the times we played them, I dont recall thinking he was anything special and needed to be game planned for

its true they just didn't consistently use him the way the Bills are, so we didn't look at him as the multiple threat. I do think he presented challenges to defenses because Belichik used Revis to cover him last year and Rex talked about it a lot at the time of the signing that he was hard to game plan for. Edited by YoloinOhio

I like Clay, and earlier predicted he'd end up being our best off season acquisition

:thumbsup:

while I'm not a huge Tannehill fan, he seemed to use him quite a bit. He was a safety valve for him for sure, but Clay missed time due to injury last year which impacted his numbers. The year prior, he was a top 100 player catching passes from Tanny. All that said I do think there is symbiosis with Clay's skill set and Roman's scheme that will indeed maximize the effectiveness and potential beyond what he had in Miami.

Agreed. Roman spent a number of years collecting plays that utilize an athletic TE and we're reaping the benefits.