Bills bring in Trent Richardson

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was so great at Alabama. My brother in law gave me a #3 jersey for xmas a few years back. If there is *any* chance that he could return to form, he would be a great addition, though admittedly it's a tremendous long shot. It just seemed like he didn't really want to play.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46347/352/what-went-wrong-richardson?pg=1

From what I'm reading the guy is just thinking to much about what he needs to do instead of letting his instincts take over. Two different teams wasted first round picks on this guy. I can only think the NFL scouts are still scratching their collective heads as to how a RB so good in college could be so bad in the pros.

If they sign any running back not named Bryce Brown you'd have to think that Brown must have overturned a gas can and set the bridge ablaze on his way out last month.

omg fd lol ... i needed that :)

have no idea on trent richardson... guess he's out hanging with jamarcus russell somewhere

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46347/352/what-went-wrong-richardson?pg=1

From what I'm reading the guy is just thinking to much about what he needs to do instead of letting his instincts take over. Two different teams wasted first round picks on this guy. I can only think the NFL scouts are still scratching their collective heads as to how a RB so good in college could be so bad in the pros.

Thank you, that is a good article. I'd been wondering what the issue was having only observed from a distance. The dude was untackleable in college, but that just doesnt always translate to the pros. Still, as a warm body, I'd like to see what he can do, if anything.

He was so great at Alabama. My brother in law gave me a #3 jersey for xmas a few years back. If there is *any* chance that he could return to form, he would be a great addition, though admittedly it's a tremendous long shot. It just seemed like he didn't really want to play.

None. Zero. Nada. He never lost his form. He had huge holes exactly where they were supposed to be at Alabama. He needs vision in the NFL and he has none. Literally the worst vision I've ever seen for someone who lasted even a couple seasons in the NFL. He's got everything else, but it's such a handicap he's useless as a runner. The only way I think he can contribute in the NFL is as a receiving back. Get him the ball in space and he's still great, but he's not much use if that's all he's got. And it is. It's also why teams kept giving him chances. But it's fools gold.

None. Zero. Nada. He never lost his form. He had huge holes exactly where they were supposed to be at Alabama. He needs vision in the NFL and he has none. Literally the worst vision I've ever seen for someone who lasted even a couple seasons in the NFL. He's got everything else, but it's such a handicap he's useless as a runner. The only way I think he can contribute in the NFL is as a receiving back. Get him the ball in space and he's still great, but he's not much use if that's all he's got. And it is. It's also why teams kept giving him chances. But it's fools gold.

Lol, that means he's perfect for the Bills system. We need a RB that requires "space" in order to perform. Only niche role players need apply!

edit: now that I'm thinking about it, who could be a better match for the 2015 Buffalo Bills than Trent Richardson. They're, in their own way, both excellent examples of High Potential, Low Achiever. Rex could get the team all spooled up before games, it's us against the world, us against the refs, and whatever other motivational techniques he's been using, and maybe, just maybe the Bills could break a record this year! Of course, the record is the 1998 Chiefs and their 158 penalties. Right now the Bills are averaging 11.75 penalties per game, comfortably ahead of the Chiefs 9.875 per game in 1998. But as we all know in Buffalo, it's hard to win in the NFL, so the Bills really need to double down, and focus on One Goal, simply put, being the least disciplined team in league history. The team and the coach are built for it, but do they have what it's going to take to punch through and grab the ring? Time will tell!

Edited by dorquemada

Big Plan: We showcase Trent as a stud RB vs. Titans...he gains 290 yds on the ground...we trade him to the Colts for their first round pick.

and D. Moncreif!

lost all explosiveness I read

weird. seems that T-Rich lost his explosiveness as well, but he continues to be a tryout machine. I can't believe (although there must be some truth) that Ball totally lost his. How does that happen.

and D. Moncreif!

weird. seems that T-Rich lost his explosiveness as well, but he continues to be a tryout machine. I can't believe (although there must be some truth) that Ball totally lost his. How does that happen.

no idea but this is from Denver fans, they may be overstating things