OBJ punched Duke Williams in the face - fined $9k by NFL

YoloinOhio

And another ... Wow Coughlin is so great for telling his players to throw punches when up by 14 on the road. Genius like Chip Kelly.

@SalSports: Preston Brown adamant a punch was thrown at him Sunday leading to personal foul on him, but says he won't react same way if it happens again

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of fans at the game said they saw this live. For those of you who didn't see it, here is the video. It happened after the Gilmore INT. No call, of course but should have been a personal foul. He was shut down all day and then lost composure. And ran away like a little girl. He should have been ejected.

Odell Beckham gets jacked up gets up and throws a punch #Bills #BilllsMafia http://t.co/pkf6g44pZT

Duke jacked him up.

How dumb does somebody have to be to punch somebody in the face when the have a helmet on and you make your living with your hands? Forget about the penalty, he's lucky he didn't break his hand/wrist,

And another ... Wow Coughlin is so great for telling his players to throw punches when up by 14 on the road. Genius like Chip Kelly.

@SalSports: Preston Brown adamant a punch was thrown at him Sunday leading to personal foul on him, but says he won't react same way if it happens again

Yep, guy needs to learn to do a soccer/BBall flop as if Tyson KO'd him. That's how you get the ref's attention.

Refs will be watching extra hard for Bills penalties. Once you develop a rep, it's hard to break it. It doesn't help that Rex was yelling at the refs all game. His team becomes a target because of him as well, ask Lindy Ruff how it was when he coached the Sabres and gave the refs hell game after game.

And if that's the case, Williams knew exactly what Beckham was trying with him.

I'm reading a lot in this thread about how this is a prime example of how teams will instigate us because we've demonstrated an inability to play within the rules.

BULL ****

This is a prime example of an opponent getting away with something and a prime example of how NFL officials, through the first quarter of 2015 have SUCKED. They need to be reactive to the retaliators AS WELL as the instigators. THAT'S THEIR JOB. In fact, if it's gotten to the point of retaliation--as it did with Brown on Sunday--then the officials have failed to do their jobs by not telling the instigators to knock it the !@#$ off.

Under no circumstances is it continent upon the Bills to put up with **** for ANY reason, regardless of what you think their "reputation" is. Bull ****. It's contingent upon the officials to CONTROL THE GAME. And if one team is making a concerted effort to disrupt that control, then the it's the officials' JOB to address that.

I'm reading a lot in this thread about how this is a prime example of how teams will instigate us because we've demonstrated an inability to play within the rules.

BULL ****

This is a prime example of an opponent getting away with something and a prime example of how NFL officials, through the first quarter of 2015 have SUCKED. They need to be reactive to the retaliators AS WELL as the instigators. THAT'S THEIR JOB. In fact, if it's gotten to the point of retaliation--as it did with Brown on Sunday--then the officials have failed to do their jobs by not telling the instigators to knock it the !@#$ off.

Under no circumstances is it continent upon the Bills to put up with **** for ANY reason, regardless of what you think their "reputation" is. Bull ****. It's contingent upon the officials to CONTROL THE GAME. And if one team is making a concerted effort to disrupt that control, then the it's the officials' JOB to address that.

I do agree with most of what you say; I also want to point out that bad officiating and stupid, undisciplined penalties are often mutually exclusive.

I strongly believe that's the case with the 2015 Bills.

I guess I was right.

I wonder if that's what he did to get Brown so crazy. In the replay, it looks like Brown's head snaps to the side like Duke's does, as if he was punched. You can't see definitively from the TV angle though. Doesn't surprise me. Beckham is known for being a punk instigator.

The officiating crew did not have control of this game.

exactly. And just like in a Hockey game, when you loose control of a game, particularly when you screw one side by taking points off the board, there is a response. No one on this joke of a crew should be allowed to officiate the rest of the year.

The Bills need to make a bigger response though than just retaliating. The Bills should put on their website a video of terrible officiating from the past game. Go ahead, the league will fine them. Who cares. Refuse to pay the fine until the Pats** are penalized for cheating. Make the league go to court to collect the fine. Sounds crazy, it is. But so was the officiating last game. When you lie down and let people beat you, they will continue to do it until you punch back.

Edited by RyanC883

BULL ****

Big: I totally agree. The level of officiating has been awful. In my opinion what goes on is that the Ref's, wanting to remain in control of the game, discuss what they feel they need to do up front. Teams like the Bills, that have touted being more aggressive in the press, get looked at more closely. Favorites don't. As a consequence the Bills get screwed. Less you think the Bills are the only ones, you need to look no further than the Seahawks-Lions game last night. The Seahawks bat the ball but it gets missed.

Changing the calls has to do with changing our message regarding the game. We can be aggressive but we play within the rules....

but what will/should Brown do next time. Say, "thank you sir, may I have another." If the Ref's don't call it, what can/should he do. That's the question no one answers.

He shouldn't go nuts and cost the team. He should alert the refs so that they might watch a little closer the rest of the game. That was easy. It's not an excuse if it's the reason. Brown needs to be the bigger man. Someone is eventually going to IK Beckham though. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

but what will/should Brown do next time. Say, "thank you sir, may I have another." If the Ref's don't call it, what can/should he do. That's the question no one answers.

The only thing he can do, nothing. Refs always see the response, never the instigation. As a pro, hell as a competitor, the only thing you can do is put the team above himself and not retaliate. Is it easy to do? Nope. But it's the only option for Brown.

exactly. And just like in a Hockey game, when you loose control of a game, particularly when you screw one side by taking points off the board, there is a response. No one on this joke of a crew should be allowed to officiate the rest of the year.

The Bills need to make a bigger response though than just retaliating. The Bills should put on their website a video of terrible officiating from the past game. Go ahead, the league will fine them. Who cares. Refuse to pay the fine until the Pats** are penalized for cheating. Make the league go to court to collect the fine. Sounds crazy, it is. But so was the officiating last game. When you lie down and let people beat you, they will continue to do it until you punch back.

I don't believe that the Bills got screwed by the officiating.

Officiating was bad, but it's always bad. Buffalo deserved nearly every single one of those calls. Even the chop block. Perhaps it wasn't as low as the letter of the rules prohibits, but what on earth was Incognito thinking going in low? That's stupid.

Be more disciplined...you'll never, ever, ever see Julian Edelman hit back. He talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks and talks (which really should be called "taunting" according to the rules, since "baiting" is defined as "taunting"), but when he's hit, he just gets up and talks more. Why? Because the officials don't call that. Be smarter.

I'll answer: yes. Walk away. Tell the official, who may perhaps see it next time. Be a professional.

yesterday, Rex said the Bills called the league office for "advice" ...and wouldn't go into detail about what was discussed. So I'm guessing that may have come up. But publically, Rex instructed the players to walk away Edited by YoloinOhio

yesterday, Rex said the Bills called the league office for "advice" ...and wouldn't go into detail about what was discussed. So I'm guessing that may have come up. But publically, Rex instructed the players to walk away

But I'm not giving Coughlin credit for telling his team to instigate a bunch of stuff. Sorry - that's poor coaching. Either you think you can win on the field cleanly or you think you need to do that. None of the 3 personal fouls mattered in relation to the score. They were up 24-10 and all 3 were on a drive that they didn't score on. yet the Giants decided to start something anyway. That's not smart, that's bush league.

I'm going to guess that the phone call had an awful lot of "we're being baited by teams, and that's against the rules, so start calling it" type of "advice".

And it's about time as far as I'm concerned.

That does not, however, excuse the totally undisciplined play of this team.

BULL ****

Yeah well, there's nothing the Bills can do about that. So they need to shape up.