Darby and Gilmore Holding It Down on the Corner

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What schematically has Rex done for Darby that's novel? How much 1-on-1 time has he worked with Darby?

You and I don't know either way. I suspect more than you think. It did seem to be Rex's idea to not give Darby any help whatsoever in preseason and let him learn the hard way being picked on, which turned out to be brilliant.

What schematically has Rex done for Darby that's novel? How much 1-on-1 time has he worked with Darby?

Well, schematically, Rex's system favors CBs that excel in man coverage, both press and off. Both Darby and Gilmore are better man coverage players than zone coverage players, so there's that I suppose.

GO BILLS!!!

You and I don't know either way. I suspect more than you think. It did seem to be Rex's idea to not give Darby any help whatsoever in preseason and let him learn the hard way being picked on, which turned out to be brilliant.

Can we really say that's what turned Darby on?

Well, schematically, Rex's system favors CBs that excel in man coverage, both press and off. Both Darby and Gilmore are better man coverage players than zone coverage players, so there's that I suppose.

GO BILLS!!!

I'll give you that.

Well....to be fair....how much 1 on 1 has he worked with any of these guys

i don't think he worked with him 1:1 but he did make the decision to throw him to the wolves in the preseason for baptism by fire - and face the criticism that went with it when all people saw was the carnage. He said he knew what he was doing and he did.

@Gil_Brandt: DBs w/ lowest burn %

J.Norman 40%

Revis 40%

V.Davis 42%

Gilmore 45%

Darby 46%

House 47%

@Gil_Brandt: DBs w/ most passes defensed

Darby 18

House 16

Gilmore 15

Norman 14

M.Peters 13

Breaux 13

Joseph 12

Mathieu 12

D.Randall 11

M.Butler 11

Edited by YoloinOhio

@Gil_Brandt: DBs w/ lowest burn %

J.Norman 40%

Revis 40%

V.Davis 42%

Gilmore 45%

Darby 46%

House 47%

@Gil_Brandt: DBs w/ most passes defensed

Darby 18

House 16

Gilmore 15

Norman 14

M.Peters 13

Breaux 13

Joseph 12

Mathieu 12

D.Randall 11

M.Butler 11

Pretty damn impressive considering that I heard we get zero pass rush.

I'm happy that he is playing so well, but it's about the whole defense, not one guy. I also feel he would be playing great for any team that would have drafted him. Can I prove it? No, but of course, the opposite can't be proven either.

If Ryan has helped him along, great. But I want to see the guys that have ALREADY proven themselves, to play great in Ryan's defense too (Mario, Kyle, Marcel).

They are 5-4, and lost to the Jags.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I still like to keep football simple...and I still think this is the way u beat the patriots

- Long time consuming drives moving the chains with points at the end

- Force Brady to throw short.....tackle immediately......get him off the field on 3rd down

Long drives that score and forcing quick 3 and outs? Novel idea.

I'm happy that he is playing so well, but it's about the whole defense, not one guy. I also feel he would be playing great for any team that would have drafted him. Can I prove it? No, but of course, the opposite can't be proven either.

If Ryan has helped him along, great. But I want to see the guys that have ALREADY proven themselves, to play great in Ryan's defense too (Mario, Kyle, Marcel).

They are 5-4, and lost to the Jags.

:lol::lol: