Darby and Gilmore Holding It Down on the Corner

I thought for sure he was going to get called on PI on the play where he hit the guy at THE EXACT MOMENT the ball touched him

One of the best timed hits I have ever seen

CBF

The refs let them play last night. What a more enjoyable game when you don't have to scan the field for yellow after every play.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The refs let them play last night. What a more enjoyable game when you don't have to scan the field for yellow after every play.

Great point here! I feel like one of Pavlov's dogs every time we make a good play in a game.

GO BILLS!!!

I just looked at Peters numbers. In 8 games, as opposed to Darby's 9, he's had at 60% completion rate as less than 50% for Darby. A 101.7 QB rating against, vs. 51.5 for Darby. Seven, seven, seven touchdowns allowed by Peters as opposed to zero by Darby.

Yet Peters is getting more DROY votes. It's staggering.

we Bills fans really do have something to get excited about with this secondary!

They look better each game. Having Leo back is sweet too.

wow Gilmore and Darby wow.

Rex and Thurman must be delighted.

Edited by 3rdand12

I just looked at Peters numbers. In 8 games, as opposed to Darby's 9, he's had at 60% completion rate as less than 50% for Darby. A 101.7 QB rating against, vs. 51.5 for Darby. Seven, seven, seven touchdowns allowed by Peters as opposed to zero by Darby.

Peters has allowed 7 TDs?! Edited by YoloinOhio

Buffalo guys get no respect......it has to do with the small market perception of most of the country. Thats why its so sweet to beat the Jets in NY...or anytime for that matter.

You can say with 100% certainty that Gilmore's progress was not close to as fast as Darby's. He was very inconsistent his first two years, whereas Darby has been the model of consistency this season. Add to that the fact that Gilmore was aided by a far superior safety tandem of Byrd and Searcy and you get a better picture of the incredibly quick growth of Darby's game.

This

NFL.com too:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000578787/article/rookie-of-the-year-watch-anderson-hicks-out-for-year

3. Ronald Darby, Buffalo Bills cornerback: The stickiest rookie cover corner added to his case for Defensive Rookie of the Year with a season-high 10 tackles versus the Dolphins in Week 9. He added three more tackles in the Bills' win Thursday to push his season total to 43.

5. Karlos Williams, Buffalo Bills running back: Williams returned to the lineup with a bang, averaging 12.22 yards on nine carries versus the Dolphins. The fifth-round power back beat Jetslinebacker Demario Davis for a 26-yard score Thursday night, becoming just the second player in history with touchdowns in each of his first six NFL games.

8. Leonard Williams, New York Jetsdefensive end: Williams' snaps and impact plays have fallen off sinceSheldon Richardson returned to the lineup in Week 5. Darby is pulling away in the Defensive Rookie of the Year race.

NFL.com too:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000578787/article/rookie-of-the-year-watch-anderson-hicks-out-for-year

3. Ronald Darby, Buffalo Bills cornerback: The stickiest rookie cover corner added to his case for Defensive Rookie of the Year with a season-high 10 tackles versus the Dolphins in Week 9. He added three more tackles in the Bills' win Thursday to push his season total to 43.

5. Karlos Williams, Buffalo Bills running back: Williams returned to the lineup with a bang, averaging 12.22 yards on nine carries versus the Dolphins. The fifth-round power back beat Jetslinebacker Demario Davis for a 26-yard score Thursday night, becoming just the second player in history with touchdowns in each of his first six NFL games.

8. Leonard Williams, New York Jetsdefensive end: Williams' snaps and impact plays have fallen off sinceSheldon Richardson returned to the lineup in Week 5. Darby is pulling away in the Defensive Rookie of the Year race.

Whaley and the College Scouting Staff. :D

That's what the Scout article says. Talbot is usually solid in his reporting.

that is bad

Best part of the college scouting staff who saw Karlos Williams who the staffing department saw as key sign in latter half of draft but no one even else even interviewed; I know he had some unsubstantiated baggage but I think part of it was switching from defense to offense.

i think he was a raw prospect who you draft to use on ST and as a 2nd RB until he becomes more polished. The Bills had that luxury with McCoy already as their main guy. I don't think they even anticipated he would assimilate so quickly - when he looked the part in TC I think that mostly led to Fred's eventual exit.

I am just gonna go ahead and say it

I think Darby has become our best corner.......and that is no slight to Gilmore who I absolutely think should be resigned.

Because the bills dont flip their DBs when WR's change their assignment.......Darby gets his fair share of lining up against the gronks....the marshalls

i was shocked that Darby actually held his own against Gronk when caught singled up on the outside in week 2. In only his second pro game. MNF will be fun because I have zero expectations of winning yet Rex has more options on D this time than last IMO.

i was shocked that Darby actually held his own against Gronk when caught singled up on the outside in week 2. In only his second pro game. MNF will be fun because I have zero expectations of winning yet Rex has more options on D this time than last IMO.

Yes, this is a important statement. With Leo back and looking good it will be hard to pick on our corners even one on ones.

pretty stoked about this game honestly

When you force Brady to throw short, have Darby, McKelvin, and Gilmore play at the LOS. Really jam them and with Gronk put a second guy to bracket him like they did against Gonzalez in ATL a couple of years ago. The defensive line now gets 4 seconds to get to Marsha and hammer him!!!!

Sounds good, but they will try to confuse the situation with rub (pick) plays and bunch formations.