Fredex Just Got Injured

BuffalOhio

Unfortunately that was the same story the previous 3 seasons. CJ gets injured in 2014, then Jackson gets injured. CJ injures ankle in 2013, Fred injures knee. In 2012 Fred sprained his LCL and had a concussion and was finally put on IR with a sprained MCL. Heck you could go back one more season when he was put on IR with a fractured fibula.

If you think Fred could have come in for McCoy and remained healthy, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.

But Fred never got hurt. Or fumbled.

i am thankful that it is not more then that.......

but dont kid yourself.....this is how it has been going with Fred of recent years.....he starts off looking like a beast.....then gets nicked up....and slowly started slowing down.....

I wish Fred the best

To be fair, someone rolled over the back of his legs here. Not really an injury that would suggest his age was an issue.

To be fair, someone rolled over the back of his legs here. Not really an injury that would suggest his age was an issue.

True. What will be interesting is how quickly he comes back from it. He's a beast, but a 30+ year old body doesn't heal as quick as it used to. Just a fact of life.

Fred was running spryly before the injury - he looked like his old self. He looked like someone we could use on the field in the unlikely event Shady were to develop a lingering injury that would render him unavailable. Oh wait...

he did, but he had 5 touches into the 4th qtr... anyone would run spryly with such limited action. We would need more than that.

A few points:

The 300-pound, 25-year old player (Tyrunn Walker) that crashed into him later broke his own leg. He's out for the season at age 25.

"Fred isn't going to come back as fast at this age": Hard to debate, this is pretty much the way it is. Anyone who thinks differently, is probably not yet 30 themselves. Slow recovery from injury is probably a bigger problem than extra chance of injury at age 34.

Fred got injured on a play that would probably have injured a much younger player as well, in my opinion.

"Fred has a high ankle sprain": I haven't seen anything that definitely states this. If he does get the "dreaded" high ankle sprain (I'm not sure how someone said "high ankle sprain" without the word "dreaded") then they might send him to IR, unfortunately. Link?

"Fred is injured now, so he wouldn't have helped us if he were on the Bills": No way to know how a hypothetical scenario would play out.

Fred was running spryly before the injury - he looked like his old self. He looked like someone we could use on the field in the unlikely event Shady were to develop a lingering injury that would render him unavailable. Oh wait...

Not to worry we have a promising rookie who will make Shady look like an afterthought. The guy is big and will never get hurt....

i am thankful that it is not more then that.......

but dont kid yourself.....this is how it has been going with Fred of recent years.....he starts off looking like a beast.....then gets nicked up....and slowly started slowing down.....

I wish Fred the best

That's all we can do at this point.

Go Fred Jackson!!

Yes and I think DL rotation allows DLs to be fresh and offenses need to learn to retool to allow OLs to rotate.

its an interesting concept - and i know the pats have had recent articles written about their rotations this year.

its a tough time to be an OL coach/player right now.