Proud to be an American?

That's awfully ignorant of the world's realities.

Here we go again. :doh:

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

So are you ashamed to be an American for this week, a month, until it's no longer in the news cycle and you've forgotten or are you now officially ashamed to be an American forever?

And if this makes you ashamed to be an American there are likely things that happen every day that make you ashamed. You should look elsewhere to live. I hear Sweden is really progressive.

I've been ashamed of America's war mongering since 2004.

As to your second paragraph, America Love it or Leave it? Is that what you're saying? Thomas Jefferson would disagree with you

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As to your second paragraph, America Love it or Leave it? Is that what you're saying? Thomas Jefferson would disagree with you

You are awfully ignorant.

No one's proud we bombed MSF. But a good many people don't ignorantly and reflexively ascribe ill-will to it.

You are awfully ignorant.

No one's proud we bombed MSF. But a good many people don't ignorantly and reflexively ascribe ill-will to it.

Where did I ascribe it to ill-will? I never typed that (If I did, SHOW ME WHERE). Stop putting words on my keyboard please.

No it's not love it or leave it. Why on earth would you want to live in a country you're ashamed of? You'd make a great Euro.

BTW I think you need to look up what the word dissent means.

Edited by Chef Jim

No one said it's a desirable outcome, which is why America doesn't target civilians.

But, it's the sort of thing that happens in war. Be grateful; and proud that you live in a country that is remorseful about these sorts of outcomes, and doesn't actively seek them out.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Perhaps you should too.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dissent

How have what I have expresssed not

1. To have or express an opinion different from a prevailing or official position; disagree. ?

ig·no·rant
ˈiɡnərənt/
adjective
adjective: ignorant
lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
"he was told constantly that he was ignorant and stupid"

Perhaps you should too.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dissent

How have what I have expresssed not

1. To have or express an opinion different from a prevailing or official position; disagree. ?

Because the prevailing and/or official position isn't that bombing a hospital is a good thing. :wallbash:

Didn't plan on what?

And you call me ignorant :doh:

Why should he answer a question directed at me?

So yes you are ignorant.