Proud to be an American?

Bill "Sputnik" Spooner must be horrified.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/10/05/school-cancels-america-day.html?intcmp=hpbt2

I'm proud
to be an American
I'm proud
of the groovy things we've done
There's television, free religion, Rock 'n' roll, Standard Oil,
Times Square, Jimmy Darren, Corey Wells, and Smokey Bear,
price reduction, reconstruction, Peace Corps, and lots more
Culture that we got to lend

I'm proud
to be an American
And I'm proud
Had a great time bein' one
There's your school and my school and both of us in high school,
surfboards, cigarettes, homework, Southern Comfort
Boy's dean was real mean,
Made us keep our locker's clean
Failed nearly every class
Ditchin' was a gas

I'm proud
to be a young American
I'm proud, just think about it
All the far out things that we've begun
There's revolution, constitution, land, sea, and air pollution,
cold wars, hot wars, gas wars, and confrontutions,
constipation, consternation, open hearted palpitations
Muscular Dystrophy

I'm proud to be an American
Because we got department stores
full of cheap guitars
But when Sputnik plays 'em, you just go go go go

I'm proud to be an American--we got two chickens in every garage
And I wish every other kid could be one--in my country, the medium is the massage
'Cause it's impossible to give
Equality and justice to inferior foreigners
too jealous to trust us

Gimme your weak and your homeless
How 'bout checkin' the oil ah, fella?

I'm proud to be an American

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we6Q6EtzIpo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High school students engage in mass disobedience after principal cancels 'America Pride Day'
American Thinker

FTA:

Jackson Hole High activities director (and assistant principal) Mike Hansen said he favored canceling “America Pride Day” because some students may not feel American and, thus, could feel “targeted and singled out by this day.”

Edited by B-Man

High school students engage in mass disobedience after principal cancels 'America Pride Day'

American Thinker

FTA:

Jackson Hole High activities director (and assistant principal) Mike Hansen said he favored canceling America Pride Day because some students may not feel American and, thus, could feel targeted and singled out by this day.

Seriously?

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

Really? How so?

I dissent that my tax dollars are being spent bombing Doctors Without Borders (and a bunch of other civilians).

And this makes you ashamed to be an American?

I'm very unhappy how my tax dollars are spent but I will never be ashamed to be an American. I know never say never. We'll see.

Bombing Doctors Without Borders does not make me a proud American.

I'm going to need a lot more context here. We've all heard about the bombing, but it doesn't make any sense unless a) the hospital was not an intentional target, or b) the hospital was being used as a "human shield" to protect high value targets.

The United States is not in the habit of blowing up civilian hospitals, so let's wait for the facts to come out, yes?

Bombing Doctors Without Borders does not make me a proud American.

Separate Obama and his criminal administration from America. He and his government couldn't be less American. It's safe to be proud of American because the citizens are the country not some rouge politician controlled by offshore interests.

Really? How so?

I dissent that my tax dollars are being spent bombing Doctors Without Borders (and a bunch of other civilians).

The united states doesnt target civilians. It was either bad intel, human error, negligence etc...

As tragic as it is I haven't heard any solid details on it so I am with holding judgment until more information is available.

It wasnt deliberate so get off your high horse.

The united states doesnt target civilians. It was either bad intel, human error, negligence etc...

As tragic as it is I haven't heard any solid details on it so I am with holding judgment until more information is available.

The Taliban probably sited a headquarters or depot or something very close by. Hugging civilian installations in hopes of instigating a war crime is SOP in any asymmetric conflict.

Interestingly, SoProgs get upset when we kill civilians on foreign soil by mistake, but somehow convinced themselves that the WH and State Dept. leaving four Americans for dead in Benghazi is a laughable right-wing conspiracy not deserving of concern.

I don't give a darn about why it happened. It happened. And it does not make me proud.

People get put in jail for unintentionally killing people.

I don't give a darn about why it happened. It happened. And it does not make me proud.

People get put in jail for unintentionally killing people.

So are you ashamed to be an American for this week, a month, until it's no longer in the news cycle and you've forgotten or are you now officially ashamed to be an American forever?

And if this makes you ashamed to be an American there are likely things that happen every day that make you ashamed. You should look elsewhere to live. I hear Sweden is really progressive.