After 4 games, bills have faced 3 teams w/10-14 days off

That's effed up. I'm not including game 1 because everyone is coming off rest then. The Pats, the Giants, and the Titans all came off long breaks. 3 out of 4 is really bad scheduling.

SOS. Season after season the Bills see this.

Usually it's only the Cheatriots.

What you mean is that of the first FIVE games, the Bills face a team with 10-14 days off leading up to that. The thread title was a bit confusing.

But here's a twist...the Bills play at New England in Week 11 on Monday night. In Week 10, they play the Jets in the Thursday night game. So, they'll have 10 days to prepare for the Patriots.

I guess when you complain to the league about this, you get your wish.

What you mean is that of the first FIVE games, the Bills face a team with 10-14 days off leading up to that. The thread title was a bit confusing.

But here's a twist...the Bills play at New England in Week 11 on Monday night. In Week 10, they play the Jets in the Thursday night game. So, they'll have 10 days to prepare for the Patriots.

I guess when you complain to the league about this, you get your wish.

No, i meant 4. Game one doesn't count in this calculus. No one played the week before.

It's total BS. Our worst games so far (and likely in the past as well) against teams that had an extra 3-7 days to prepare. This week we have the Titans, who have an extra week. It's utter nonsense. So what, we get to play the Jets 3-1 right now, and then get an extra couple days to go to New England. Yeah, thanks for that huge advantage.

These teams have at least 72 hours more to prepare an extra play, wrinkle, etc. that we have not seen on tape. They have an extra 72 hours to break down our defense, and to game plan. It's an unfair advantage, as substantiated by the losses.

I thought this made a huge difference in the NE game. Yesterday? I'm not so sure. I checked the stats to see if they confirm that the team coming off Thursday night has an advantage the following week. The answer: at least in 2014, not really - at least not any statistically measurable effect.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nfl/impact-on-spread-record-from-an-nfl-team-not-playing-every-sunday.aspx

Of course, the focus of this is "against the spread" so you could argue that the spread already factors in the advantage of the long prep week, but that's certainly not what we saw yesterday as the Bills came in as about 6 point favorites. So while my gut tells me it matters, the numbers say "not really." I wish we had an excuse for that clunker yesterday, but I'm not really finding it.

Come on. Get real. Imagine getting 3 extra days of rest after jackhammering massive humans around a football field. You don't think you feel better with 3 extra days rest? How about an extra week?

From what I recall, the Bills had 6 games last year of this kind, and New England had ZERO.

Give Bellichek and any coach an extra 3 days to game plan, and you are giving them a huge advantage. It's nuts.