I feel like we've played really poorly twice in 4 games

dayman

We're .500 so far and obviously have talent and potential. So I get it, the sky is not falling and that isn't what I'm trying to say here. A win is a win, so I won't even peddle some garbage about Indy and Miami looking bad.

However, we were blown out by the Pats. Totally dominated despite that little "comeback." I'm sure most will agree with that. Now, of course, you can write that off as "oh, well it's the Pats so whatever." I actually agree with that write off, but the fact remains that we played terrible in addition to playing the Pats.

Today, I think we were basically blown out again. Now the problem here is between the penalties and Giants being bad (and thus unable to blow up the score) it's easy to not feel that way. Easy to say we beat ourselves. But I think we should consider this another manhandling and a game where we didn't show up. We couldn't run the ball today, and the Giants got enough on the ground to really help them against our "great D." We couldn't move the chains early today, and the Giants did enough early against our "great D." We couldn't finish drives, and the Giants scored 24 points. We couldn't control our penalties and...well...neither could the Giants but we were SO bad in this metric that it was still a clear advantage for them. Our offensive play calling was suspect for huge swaths of the game. Our defense was randomly gashed at terrible times. We lacked urgency. I would go as far to say we were physically dominated.

My point here is, we're bi-polar. We flat out don't show up sometimes. Half the time, to be exact. That's a huge problem. It's a lot on coaching and it's also a lot on the players. Importantly, I don't see us fixing this, and b/c of that I think we'll be lucky to compete for the final wildcard spot. What we saw today is what we are this year. We're going to play well sometimes, and show flashes, and get penalized and win 9 games and miss the playoffs. That is what today reveals.

The Bills also have had to play 2 teams with an extra 3 days off.

I think everyone is missing the biggest reason the Bills lost.

Give two good coaching staffs with experienced veteran qb's an extra 3 days, this is what you get.

Couple it with the fact that the entire team gets an extra couple of days rest, they look aggressive and the Bills look 'lazy'.

The Bills also have had to play 2 teams with an extra 3 days off.

I think everyone is missing the biggest reason the Bills lost.

Give two good coaching staffs with experienced veteran qb's an extra 3 days, this is what you get.

Couple it with the fact that the entire team gets an extra couple of days rest, they look aggressive and the Bills look 'lazy'.

That is a BS excuse and if acceptable means we're screwed b/c we play a lot of teams coming off of bye weeks this year. We play a lot of bad football, it's troubling.

That is a BS excuse and if acceptable means we're screwed b/c we play a lot of teams coming off of bye weeks this year. We play a lot of bad football, it's troubling.

Good staff with good veteran qb's is the key.

The Bills very well may beat Tenn. this week. Rookie qb with a decent coaching staff.

i do think it is a part of the equation, albeit a small part. If we are to believe all of the rhetoric about extra film study , rest, extra film study(yes i put in twice cause we hear it so often) etc...there is not denying the fact extra days between games should be an advantage.

Simpler than that. The Bills beat 2 bad teams and lost to a good team and another mediocre team. The Giants won because they have the better QB and coaching, particularly HC.

Can't argue this.

No discipline, bad play calling by OC, suckass ST........I'm concerned.

Our 2 wins have come against teams in disarray.

i do think it is a part of the equation, albeit a small part. If we are to believe all of the rhetoric about extra film study , rest, extra film study(yes i put in twice cause we hear it so often) etc...there is not denying the fact extra days between games should be an advantage.

It's not like it's a day either, it's 9 days vs. 6.

We're .500 so far and obviously have talent and potential. So I get it, the sky is not falling and that isn't what I'm trying to say here. A win is a win, so I won't even peddle some garbage about Indy and Miami looking bad.

However, we were blown out by the Pats. Totally dominated despite that little "comeback." I'm sure most will agree with that. Now, of course, you can write that off as "oh, well it's the Pats so whatever." I actually agree with that write off, but the fact remains that we played terrible in addition to playing the Pats.

Today, I think we were basically blown out again. Now the problem here is between the penalties and Giants being bad (and thus unable to blow up the score) it's easy to not feel that way. Easy to say we beat ourselves. But I think we should consider this another manhandling and a game where we didn't show up. We couldn't run the ball today, and the Giants got enough on the ground to really help them against our "great D." We couldn't move the chains early today, and the Giants did enough early against our "great D." We couldn't finish drives, and the Giants scored 24 points. We couldn't control our penalties and...well...neither could the Giants but we were SO bad in this metric that it was still a clear advantage for them. Our offensive play calling was suspect for huge swaths of the game. Our defense was randomly gashed at terrible times. We lacked urgency. I would go as far to say we were physically dominated.

My point here is, we're bi-polar. We flat out don't show up sometimes. Half the time, to be exact. That's a huge problem. It's a lot on coaching and it's also a lot on the players. Importantly, I don't see us fixing this, and b/c of that I think we'll be lucky to compete for the final wildcard spot. What we saw today is what we are this year. We're going to play well sometimes, and show flashes, and get penalized and win 9 games and miss the playoffs. That is what today reveals.

If this is true, and I partially agree, then it's the coaches fault. It's their job to get them ready for each game. The offensive gameplan was pathetic today and the control of the team was lost by Ryan.

Simpler than that. The Bills beat 2 bad teams and lost to a good team and another mediocre team. The Giants won because they have the better QB and coaching, particularly HC.

While Eli has 2 SB wins and therefore is a better QB, I don't think the Giants won with coaching at all. They were probably on their way to a third blown 4 th quarter lead if the Bills had just made the plays that were there to be made. It had the makings of a textbook collapse. The players lost this one just by getting out hustled on some key plays : the bobbled kickoff, the 1 yard pass that Bradham missed tackle on, and two horrific red zone sequences on O. Beckham jr had maybe his worst day as a pro. NYG coaching was not superior at all.

If you were expecting the 2002 Ravens on defense, you have to be disappointed. This is the 2015 Bills defense. Mediocre linebackers, mediocre secondary, and a front four that was very talented last year.

Even more disappointed when the HC yaps about us being historically good.

Losing 2 of their first 3 home games with all those road games second half of the season is unacceptable

Better to struggle early in the year and learn from the mistakes than to be a paper tiger waiting to be exposed in November. Ask the Jets in a month and a half how that feels. If this team has a chance to do anything special, which I think is possible, they need to go through and overcome adversity. Much rather that be now than a must win game where they are making those mistakes for the first time...Syracuse basketball a few years back when they were undefeated for most of the year comes to mind as something I'd prefer to avoid.