Garcia to be released

Frez

Garcia will be released

By Zac Jackson, Staff Writer

February 14, 2005

The tumultuous relationship between the Browns and quarterback Jeff Garcia ended Monday when the team informed Garcia he will be released.

Garcia signed a four-year deal with the team last March but his short stay was marred by injuries and very public struggles with the team’s offensive system and direction.

Garcia will cost the Browns $3.75 million on the salary cap for the 2005 season, but the team will save $2 million in cap costs by releasing him this month.

He hurt his shoulder during the Browns’ loss to the Jets on Nov. 21 and missed the next two games. He was placed on IR after suffering a knee injury while playing as a backup in the team’s loss at Buffalo on Dec. 12.

Garcia went to the Pro Bowl three times in five seasons with San Francisco while running the West Coast Offense.

Garcia started 10 games last season, completing 144-of-252 passes for 1,731 yards, 10 touchdowns and nine interceptions.

We need to sign him ASAP. I am not being serious but I really think TD will be looking for a decent veteran that can fill backup role and help JP out as much as possible. Really wish we could find a Frank Reich type guy that can hit it off woth JP since I think Kelly found FR to be his best QB coach and someone to discuss stuff on sidelines with.

I think this is great news for the Bills. Garcia is the perfect style QB to come in and compete for the starting job with JP.

He is a mobile QB who has experience in playing bad weather games (Canada) and can run the west coast type of offense. Admittingly, the Bills will not be in this style, but the reliance on a ball control apssing games suits Garcia's strengths and at his age, a chance to compete for a starting spot and the ability to back-up JP could be perfect for the Bills.

Also his contract will be less then Drew's and maybe then we can move forward and try and trade Drew to Dallas to reunite him with Bill Parcells.

Even though he was bad in the Cleveland locker room from all accounts we heard, the team was still 3-3 and played the Eagles a great game last year.

I hope TD takes a look at this and moves accordingly.

Garcia will be released

By Zac Jackson, Staff Writer

February 14, 2005

The tumultuous relationship between the Browns and quarterback Jeff Garcia ended Monday when the team informed Garcia he will be released.

Garcia signed a four-year deal with the team last March but his short stay was marred by injuries and very public struggles with the team’s offensive system and direction.

Garcia will cost the Browns $3.75 million on the salary cap for the 2005 season, but the team will save $2 million in cap costs by releasing him this month.

He hurt his shoulder during the Browns’ loss to the Jets on Nov. 21 and missed the next two games. He was placed on IR after suffering a knee injury while playing as a backup in the team’s loss at Buffalo on Dec. 12.

Garcia went to the Pro Bowl three times in five seasons with San Francisco while running the West Coast Offense.

Garcia started 10 games last season, completing 144-of-252 passes for 1,731 yards, 10 touchdowns and nine interceptions.

239114[/snapback]

Garcia HATED Cleveland. He hated the city, the people, the "lifestyle". What makes you think he'll like B-Lo any better? He's going back to the west coast, maybe Arizona.

However, if we could convince the Browneyes that we aren't going to cut Bledsoe and have them swap us some picks (mid rounds, maybe a 2, don't get silly) I'd do it in a hot second. We save 2.2 million (?) by cutting Drew, figure we have to spend at least half of that to get a decent backup QB in here so the real savings is only 1 million. I'd eat 1 million for some more picks.

I think this is great news for the Bills.  Garcia is the perfect style QB to come in and compete for the starting job with JP.

He is a mobile QB who has experience in playing bad weather games (Canada) and can run the west coast type of offense.  Admittingly, the Bills will not be in this style, but the reliance on a ball control apssing games suits Garcia's strengths and at his age, a chance to compete for a starting spot and the ability to back-up JP could be perfect for the Bills.

Also his contract will be less then Drew's and maybe then we can move forward and try and trade Drew to Dallas to reunite him with Bill Parcells.

Even though he was bad in the Cleveland locker room from all accounts we heard, the team was still 3-3 and played the Eagles a great game last year.

I hope TD takes a look at this and moves accordingly.

239139[/snapback]