Coughlin Told Giants That Bills Would Beat Themselves

And you know what he could see?? Wow, you must be talented!!

Yes your premise is correct, don't call what you can't see, but to state what he can and can't see is laughable. Just because when you watch the replay you see a guy possible in the line of sight, doesn't mean he was truly in the line of sight. Was it marginal, sure, but stop blaming the refs for the Bills making it easy by making either flat out dumb plays or doing borderline things.

Again, there was nothing borderline about it---the block was legal. As Ross Tucker tweeted "Worst chop block call ever on Incognito. This ref has to go."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And he was absolutely, undeniably correct.

It was painful to watch.

Chop block was borderline; hold was a hold

Thank you! I've seen and heard people complaining about the hold, but without Urbik grabbing hold TT doesn't get free and get out of the pocket.

Of course he did, the refs contacted Coughlin on Wednesday to tell him how the game would end.

Imo

It's funny to see how low you've fallen. Came onto this board like some insider with great and secret knowledge and now you're no better than a troll.

Thank you! I've seen and heard people complaining about the hold, but without Urbik grabbing hold TT doesn't get free and get out of the pocket.

Silliness.

He was hugging the defender, and Tyrod was running behind him. Holding.

The call that bothered me most was the call on Clay pushing off. There was lots of physical play from the Db's, and that was really mild.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Silliness.

The call that bothered me most was the call on Clay pushing off. There was lots of physical play from the Db's, and that was really mild.

It bothered me as well but the bottom line is this is how the refs are goign to call the games. The Bills have to be prepared for it and adjust their play accordingly. Otherwise we'll be back here each and every week lamenting how the refs "cheated" the Bills.

It bothered me as well but the bottom line is this is how the refs are goign to call the games. The Bills have to be prepared for it and adjust their play accordingly. Otherwise we'll be back here each and every week lamenting how the refs "cheated" the Bills.

And yet there were plenty of series where they let the DBs/WRs be plenty physical as well.

Just too damn inconsistent from call to call and series to series, IMO...

Silliness.

If you look at where the ref was - his view was the extended arms and defender flying past. From his angle it looked like a hard shove.

If you look at where the ref was - his view was the extended arms and defender flying past. From his angle it looked like a hard shove.

Yeah, I could see that, but it wasn't a hard shove. The offical should have been able to tell that it was the defender's own momentum.

That's just it, they WEREN'T calling that kind of stuff, they were letting them play physical. It was inconsistent.

And the problem with getting the reputation as a heavily-penalized team is that it becomes a tough reputation to shake. The refs are probably thinking "well, they commit a lot of penalties, so I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt". And I have this bad feeling the Bills management doesn't wield any juice with the league office to raise a stink about the borderline, game-altering calls like the holding call and the chop block call. You can bet the powerful teams don't just roll over and take crappy officiating week-in and week-out.

yes, the Bills committed a lot of penalties. But the Ref's calling tick-tacky penalties on the Bills all day, and only one PI on the Giants. The Ref's singlehandledly took away two Bills TD's.

And the problem with getting the reputation as a heavily-penalized team is that it becomes a tough reputation to shake. The refs are probably thinking "well, they commit a lot of penalties, so I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt". And I have this bad feeling the Bills management doesn't wield any juice with the league office to raise a stink about the borderline, game-altering calls like the holding call and the chop block call. You can bet the powerful teams don't just roll over and take crappy officiating week-in and week-out.

Fantastic comment. Pegula needs to call the league though and say, I'm here, and if the refs keep doing this crap, I'll complain publicly. Fine me, I don't care.

Not gonna shoot the messenger, this team is really poorly coached.

Amen. Doesn't mean it can't change, but the most penalized team in the league is not a well coached team. Period. "Emotion without discipline."

Amen. Doesn't mean it can't change, but the most penalized team in the league is not a well coached team. Period. "Emotion without discipline."

Emotion without discipline. Sounds like the coaches personal attribute to me. Rex has never been able to keep his emotions in check, never been able to exhibit the self-discipline required to filter what he says. If he can't control himself, how can he control a team?

I've never heard a bully refer to himself as a bully. Let other people call you a bully. Once Ryan started talking, he laid the groundwork for the team identity. Well, they are acting like a bully that just got punched in the face. Their lack of composure when things get tough is "bully tough".