Luke Keuchly Out vs. Bucs w/Concussion, 3 Weeks Now

boyst

http://www.footballinsiders.com/panthers-lb-kuechly-out-vs-buccaneers/

You can't argue that football is not taking concussions seriously, but word here in NC is that he is still pretty rattled, confused and not firing on all cylinders. Many here have had suspicions about his health for a while because he plays so hard and banged up all of the time. They're labeling him Dan Morgan v.2 and not seeing the bright side that AJ Klein is very well. They're about to be a 4-0 team.

By the time the Panthers are off the bye next week it'll be 5 games that he has missed.

I think they are trying to prevent him from being Dan Morgan 2.0 by giving him the time off after a concussion. Hopefully the kid gloves work. But if you are a player that plays in a manner conducive to concussions then it just might be a matter of time.

this is something to watch. Great great player. but is he now permanently injured? thats a long time out for a head bang. Seems rather serious. I sure hope he and the team do the right thing.

a head bang is not a very good way to describe this. i am all about being tough and getting on the field but a concussion is a traumatic brain injury. we must remember that.

a head bang is not a very good way to describe this. i am all about being tough and getting on the field but a concussion is a traumatic brain injury. we must remember that.

My meaning is that this is worrisome. I have had concussions. and severe blows to the head unfortunately.

I do not take the term head bang lightly, sir.

This is a physical game. 3 weeks seems long. He must not be able to see his face in the mirror. Hopefully a full recovery, but Kookly needs to get his priorities in line.

Imo

Hopefull he has someone who will advise him if so needed.

I can imagine Luke just wants to get back out there, honestly. Being injured this way is not just physical. It can take away a Man definition of Self. That's why it might be hard to realize the game might over for him.

And the team just invested major cash so they will likely lean error on the side of business as compared to long term health.

This doesn't sound good. I'm not a doctor by any means, but it's my understanding if you suffer a severe concussion (and i would assume if he is still feeling effects 3 weeks later, this qualifies as severe) then you are much more vulnerable to them in the future. This could be very bad for him. Excellent player too, what a shame if it is.

Edited by Mark80

My meaning is that this is worrisome. I have had concussions. and severe blows to the head unfortunately.

I do not take the term head bang lightly, sir.

Hopefull he has someone who will advise him if so needed.

I can imagine Luke just wants to get back out there, honestly. Being injured this way is not just physical. It can take away a Man definition of Self. That's why it might be hard to realize the game might over for him.

And the team just invested major cash so they will likely lean error on the side of business as compared to long term health.

sir.

haha.

Edited by Boyst62

• 2 weeks later...