early draft guesses

nodnarb

trade travis to the eagles for their high #2.

2a. mark clayton, WR (he really might slip this far based on his size.)

2b. khalif barnes, OT (that kind of potential in McNally's hands...whooboy)

3. Alex Smith, TE (could be a nice middle round gem. Might not last this long.)

4. R0nald Bartell, CB (might not last this long, but he'd be a steal here.)

5. Mike Nugent, PK (just to satisfy this board)

6. My sleeper: Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB (smart, good arm, poised, football geek)

7. Darren Sproles, RB (it'll be interesting to see which team takes a flier on this kid. Unreal balance and cutting ability, but at 5'6", he'll be likened to Quentin Griffin, who has been disappointing and inconsistent.

7. Darren Sproles, RB (it'll be interesting to see which team takes a flier on this kid. Unreal balance and cutting ability, but at 5'6", he'll be likened to Quentin Griffin, who has been disappointing and inconsistent.

239015[/snapback]

Why exactly would the Eagles give up a #2 (or anything else for that matter) for Travis Henry?

What makes you think Nugent will last that long?

239015[/snapback]

-clayton will go in the 1st round, maybe late 1st, but still 1st.

-do you really want a rookie at OT next year?

-A. Smith is interesting.

-we do need a CB, but if we get one, it needs to be in the top 3 rounds.

-M. Nugent!!!! yeah. but he wont last through the 2nd round. (which means we need to take him in the 2nd round!!!).

-D. Sproles... YES YES YES. but he will probubly go late 3rd to mid 4th rounds. I hate when people compare players based on body type. "hes just like this guy... their both 5-7 and he sucks, so sproles wont be any good......" all you have to do is watch him run. WOW.

Why exactly would the Eagles give up a #2 (or anything else for that matter) for Travis Henry? 

What makes you think Nugent will last that long?

239020[/snapback]

Frankly, I couldn't care less. But he IS the #2 kicker on some draft boards.

Frankly, I couldn't care less. But he IS the #2 kicker on some draft boards.

239048[/snapback]

I'd like to see what draft board you were looking at because every single one I've seen (at least over 25 since the end of the season) have Nugent as the #1 kicker this year and have him slated to go by the end of the 3rd round at the very latest. Some even have the Vikings taking him in the 2nd. I'm guessing that whatever draft value board you were looking at hasnt been updated since the start of the college football season because Nugent is the overwhelming choice to be the #1 kicker off the board in the 2005 Draft.

-D. Sproles... YES YES YES. but he will probubly go late 3rd to mid 4th rounds. I hate when people compare players based on body type. "hes just like this guy... their both 5-7 and he sucks, so sproles wont be any good......" all you have to do is watch him run. WOW.

239036[/snapback]

I think Sproles is the biggest sleeper of the draft. I would be thrilled if Buffalo drafted him, but i don't see that happening.

I think Sproles is the biggest sleeper of the draft.  I would be thrilled if Buffalo drafted him, but i don't see that happening.

239079[/snapback]

I'm a big fan of Sproles as well...the guy is a midget, we all know this...but I think he's definitely worth taking a chance on in the 4th round if he's there by our pick.

I think Sproles is the biggest sleeper of the draft.  I would be thrilled if Buffalo drafted him, but i don't see that happening.

239079[/snapback]

i completly agree that he is a HUGE sleeper in the draft. :blink:

i completly agree that i would also be thrilled if buffalo drafted him. :doh:

i completly agree that i dont see it happening. :(

I'd like to see what draft board you were looking at because every single one I've seen (at least over 25 since the end of the season) have Nugent as the #1 kicker this year and have him slated to go by the end of the 3rd round at the very latest.  Some even have the Vikings taking him in the 2nd.  I'm guessing that whatever draft value board you were looking at hasnt been updated since the start of the college football season because Nugent is the overwhelming choice to be the #1 kicker off the board in the 2005 Draft.

239075[/snapback]

the sporting news war room has Jonathan Nichols, Ole Miss as the #1, and nUge #2. I saw another with the same opinion...gb report maybe? don't recall.

239015[/snapback]

- I dont think we have a REAL need of a Wideout.....if anything we need a Tight End. Since I think that will be a free agent I would rather them go OL or corner with that pick

- I dont have a problem with Barns IF he is the type that can play LG and then perhaps slide over to LT in the future

- I dont want to take a TE this late.....we need a impact TE immediately. If Nugent is there in the 3rd I would gobble him up

- The other picks are nice....especially the QB