PFW Whispers

Rico

Sorry if already posted

The importance of a tight end in today's game cannot be overlooked, and won't be by the Packers. Sources close to the team said in early February that they are likely to use the franchise tag, resulting in a $2.687 million cap number, to keep unrestricted free-agent TE Bubba Franks. "He's not Speed Racer, but he seals that edge as well as any tight end in our conference," the source said.

If true, too bad for those in here that wanted him.

There hasn't been much news on Campbell or Euhus. I'm not even sure if the extent of their knee injuries was made public.

[Edited]

Found this on Campbell....

Bills | Campbell Injury Update - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 9 Jan 2005 07:21:03 -0800

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills TE Mark Campbell (knee) underwent reconstructive knee surgery and will not be back until training camp, at the earliest.

Bills | Campbell Injury Update - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 8 Dec 2004 12:00:49 -0800

Updating previous reports, Buffalo Bills TE Mark Campbell (knee) has torn ligaments in his knee and will miss the remainder of the 2004 season.

Found this on Euhus from billsdaily.com....

Tim Euhus had season ending knee surgery for a torn ACL.

That would be a tad bit difficult since Pollard isnt a free agent...unless he's getting released.  You know something we all dont, Jay?

239086[/snapback]

I heard rumblings that Pollard might be a cap casualty and he is also dissatisfied with his role in the offense.

I heard rumblings that Pollard might be a cap casualty and he is also dissatisfied with his role in the offense.

239093[/snapback]

I'd take Pollard in a heart beat if he gets released...I also like Freddie Jones from Arizona or Wiggins from Minnesota. Lots of good TEs available if TD wants to upgrade.

I'd take Pollard in a heart beat if he gets released...I also like Freddie Jones from Arizona or Wiggins from Minnesota.  Lots of good TEs available if TD wants to upgrade.

239094[/snapback]

I think Pollard or Freddie jones would be a great fit in this offense and it would allow us not to reach in the draft to fill that spot.