Shady Listed as Proable for Sunday vs. Cincinnati

26CornerBlitz

The tendency is to rush back and play through the hamstring. That doesn't work and turns a tear into a chronic injury. He will be pain free long before he should be playing. Once he's pain free, he should keep sitting. Hamstrings and groin pulls are two very tricky injuries in athletes. The athlete needs much much more rest than they think.

So my point is one of what most would feel is "necessary." This Rex Ryan "play him at 80%" idea is really stupid. That will just ensure the team never has a healthy McCoy, which in a team looking like a playoff contender is stupid.

Bills desperately need a backup to Williams at RB. Not sure if it's worth re-signing Brown but they have to get someone.

are you a doctor or are you just saying things you think are true , but you really are just guessing?

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tendency is to rush back and play through the hamstring. That doesn't work and turns a tear into a chronic injury. He will be pain free long before he should be playing. Once he's pain free, he should keep sitting. Hamstrings and groin pulls are two very tricky injuries in athletes. The athlete needs much much more rest than they think.

So my point is one of what most would feel is "necessary." This Rex Ryan "play him at 80%" idea is really stupid. That will just ensure the team never has a healthy McCoy, which in a team looking like a playoff contender is stupid.

Bills desperately need a backup to Williams at RB. Not sure if it's worth re-signing Brown but they have to get someone.

That doesn't make sense. Once you're healthy you still sit?

That doesn't make sense. Once you're healthy you still sit?

i think his point is pain free does not equal healthy. whether true, i have no idea - but i suppose it could be possible that theres still healing to be done and hes at high risk even the initial days after pain subsides.

@JoeBuscaglia

McCoy said he suffered a setback last Thursday and certainly didn't rule out the idea of sitting out more than just this week #Bills

@mikerodak

LeSean McCoy says he won't play until he's 100 percent. Doesn't rule out sitting out more games. http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0441644289475221102-4

@SalSports

LeSean McCoy on of he could miss more than 1 game: "One thing I promised myself is I can't go out there if I'm not 100%...."

LeSean McCoy: "Whether it's this game, or the next game, or whatever it is...I'm rushing to get back....but I'm not playing til I'm 100%"

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills RB LeSean McCoy on his injury "...I can't physically do it." Full quote here:

CQU-OFaXAAAcH9s.png

@mikerodak

LeSean McCoy said he "messed something up" with his hamstring last Thursday after he was starting to feel better. "I kind of hurt it again."

@SalSports

McCoy will be on sidelines Sun. Rex wants him involved. Marrone often wouldn't let injured players on sideline for fear of getting rolled up

@JoeBuscaglia

McCoy: "To be honest, Im not the bruising type. My thing is make people miss & get out of there. If you can’t do that, you can’t do nothing"

@viccarucci

McCoy on why he isn't playing: "Certain plays I should be making, I'm not because I can't physically do it ... can't play thru pain." #Bills

‏@JoeBuscaglia

McCoy: "To be honest, Im not the bruising type. My thing is make people miss & get out of there. If you can’t do that, you can’t do nothing"

@viccarucci

McCoy on why he isn't playing: "Certain plays I should be making, I'm not because I can't physically do it ... can't play thru pain." #Bills

very interesting, and honest quotes from shady. and he's not wrong.

i think his point is pain free does not equal healthy. whether true, i have no idea - but i suppose it could be possible that theres still healing to be done and hes at high risk even the initial days after pain subsides.

So how do you know when to play?

Just a thought. In order to not overwork Karlos, perhaps Roman should utilize different type play calls to run the football. Maybe call more designed QB runs, like the sweeps he used to run with Kap, esp if DE Ayers is out. More read option stuff. Sprinkle in a few jet sweeps as well.