Shady Listed as Proable for Sunday vs. Cincinnati

26CornerBlitz

speaking of Mathis, that's the problem with tying up so much cap space on an RB that's not even playing. We could have signed Mathis @ guard (miller is OK, but certainly not on Mathis level), and for OT easily picked up Barksdale or Parnell in FA. Really not happy what Im seeing especially @ RT. Put that killer line together and focus on team average YPC (not just one back), and also improve QB play.

The Bills had the cap room to sign Mathis. He's took a minimum offer and isn't playing well now.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why his judgement as a HC looks very suspect and he appears married to a system.

That's not uncommon.....Schwartz actually came in and faced with media questions about whether he would mess up their pass rush that excelled under Pettine......he outright lied and claimed he wasn't going to play his wide 9.....and then played it pretty much exclusively. :lol:

But the difference was that the talent fit Schwartz system better.

If Ryan wasn't going to put his DL in better position to make plays they would have been better off keeping the heady Searcy than giving out big DL contracts. :doh:

I still think our O is going directly correlate to our D

When QBs have to hold the ball because they are behind and need to push the ball downfeild and cannot dink and dunk....the DL dominance will become more apparent

We need to start scoring more points early.

The Bills had the cap room to sign Mathis. He's took a minimum offer and isn't playing well now.

Yeah he was crazy to think he was going to get a $6M per deal at his age and that late in the process but he had other offers and took the Broncos offer because he wanted to play for a contender.

Denver is 5-0.

I still think our O is going directly correlate to our D

When QBs have to hold the ball because they are behind and need to push the ball downfeild and cannot dink and dunk....the DL dominance will become more apparent

We need to start scoring more points early.

They BOTH have to start faster.

The defense today was sacrificing field position and getting the offense pinned back all first half.

I think they gave Mariota too much respect early and as you say, if they had made him push the ball downfield more they probably get more pressure and maybe make some plays, get a turnover etc..

Yeah he was crazy to think he was going to get a $6M per deal at his age and that late in the process but he had other offers and took the Broncos offer because he wanted to play for a contender.

Denver is 5-0.

You really love to link together unrelated things to try to back up some silly theory you have...Denver is 5-0 with Peyton manning and what may be the best defense playing right now. Mathis has little to do with that and has not looked good.

You really love to link together unrelated things to try to back up some silly theory you have...Denver is 5-0 with Peyton manning and what may be the best defense playing right now. Mathis has little to do with that and has not looked good.

Yup. And I doubt teams were offering him a lot more than what Denver gave him.

Looks like he won't be back til after the bye at the earliest.

I know he's out with a hamstring and we want him to be 100%, but this is HUGE game this week. Couldn't he do whatever it takes to play this week and then take off the Jacksonville game and then there's the bye week? That would give him 3 more weeks after this week.

Easy for me to say, but if there's any way, I'd like to see him out there vs Bungles even if he is only 75%.

I know he's out with a hamstring and we want him to be 100%, but this is HUGE game this week. Couldn't he do whatever it takes to play this week and then take off the Jacksonville game and then there's the bye week? That would give him 3 more weeks after this week.

Easy for me to say, but if there's any way, I'd like to see him out there vs Bungles even if he is only 75%.

If he wants to sit, he sits.

Agreed. Even if they have him split out wide from the backfield, at least they have to account for him. Much like Sammy could do if he was on the field. He may not get the ball but the defense has to account for his presence.

Yup. And I doubt teams were offering him a lot more than what Denver gave him.

Meh, Jason LaCanfora reported that he turned down a $5.5M offer from another team but you are free to doubt.

And btw, he did NOT accept a minimum deal in Denver......it's for $3M....well above the min.

And the team has 5 wins against zero defeats.

As any Bills fan who observed Colin Brown literally cost the Bills games in Marrone year 1 can attest, performance is relative.

It's possible that the Broncos were faced with a Colin Brown type scenario and did something about it, and considering that, it's made a difference.

The Bills are facing a Colin Brown situation at RB right now.

Boobie is about God-awful in this offense.

I'd gladly take McCoy's average level of production back.

Unfortunately they didn't get him on a team friendly, one year deal the way the Broncos did Mathis.

Shady is all about burst, quickness and acceleration. As much as I hate to say it, without that we might as well play the next guy up and let him get well. Send him back in early and you probably just end up missing the rest of the season. When he pulled it in preseason it was clear it wasn't a minor pull. If we had been smart earlier, we might be closer to having him back. It's not about toughness, it's about being smart at this point. (Yeah, that sucks.)

Meh, Jason LaCanfora reported that he turned down a $5.5M offer from another team but you are free to doubt.

And btw, he did NOT accept a minimum deal in Denver......it's for $3M....well above the min.

And the team has 5 wins against zero defeats.

As any Bills fan who observed Colin Brown literally cost the Bills games in Marrone year 1 can attest, performance is relative.

It's possible that the Broncos were faced with a Colin Brown type scenario and did something about it, and considering that, it's made a difference.

The Bills are facing a Colin Brown situation at RB right now.

Boobie is about God-awful in this offense.

I'd gladly take McCoy's average level of production back.

Unfortunately they didn't get him on a team friendly, one year deal the way the Broncos did Mathis.

I'm always skeptical of "anonymous sources." Most likely the "source" was Mathis' camp.

And true, $3M isn't actual minimum. But it's close for a guy with his resume.

As for their record, it isn't because of Mathis.

Shady is all about burst, quickness and acceleration. As much as I hate to say it, without that we might as well play the next guy up and let him get well. Send him back in early and you probably just end up missing the rest of the season. When he pulled it in preseason it was clear it wasn't a minor pull. If we had been smart earlier, we might be closer to having him back. It's not about toughness, it's about being smart at this point. (Yeah, that sucks.)

I agree with that.

Without his burst he is no good at all and with this severe of a pull and all the miles on him he may not get it back at all this season.

I am wondering if Whaley is looking at any trade options for RB's.

Herron may turn out to be at least a guy who can get you close to 4 yards per carry for now.......but additionally I'm a bit concerned about Karlos already having a bad enough concussion to miss a game.

Concussions are bad for all positions but they happen easier every time and it's hard to avoid them when you run like Williams.

The Niners are 1-4 now.....maybe they take offers for Hyde.

May i suggest, that Rex is still getting to know the players and vice versa.

Ryan is an intelligent man and his coaching knowledge is near elite for more than one reason.

This is chess not checkers, the adjustments are not always obvious right away.

All 22 helps me realize that often times

Go Bills!

Yes, you may suggest that.....

:)