Shady Listed as Proable for Sunday vs. Cincinnati

26CornerBlitz

Jeez....I mean....with all those tackles for no gain you have to wonder how in the world he got all those rushing yards.....

or could it be....ALL running backs get tackled for no gain at times

That is something I dont understand either....why is it just ASSUMED that a player the caliber of McCoy is just gonna get cut.......and that a player wouldnt have given him his extension based on play style, past production, not being too old, etc etc

The assuming of people to fit their own agenda's amazes me

C'mon John, pay attention to the NFL.

DeSean Jackson was cut before McCoy and Evan Mathis was cut after him.

The speculation was anything but random.

They both had as much trade value as McCoy.

Contracts are VERY important when it comes to veterans trade value.

Having to give Shady an extension pretty much guaranteed the deal would be in the red.

Anyone who thought Shady was going to be better than last year.......and there were a few......were just not looking at the history of high carry RB's.

Then project that out another....4-5 years?? :doh:

He has the kind of abuse on his body normally associated with a 30 year old rb and it showed in his game last year.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having to give Shady an extension pretty much guaranteed the deal would be in the red.

Anyone who thought Shady was going to be better than last year.......and there were a few......were just not looking at the history of high carry RB's.

He has the kind of abuse on his body normally associated with a 30 year old rb and it showed in his game last year.

You've made some interesting points in this thread that cannot be overlooked when projecting forward for Shady. The only point I don't know can be held against him is the bolded. After seeing how poor their running game is this year, it could be a scheme issue in Philly.

I dont care what happened to other players on the eagles....you are still making MAJOR assumption when it comes to Shady

and

Shady has been relatively injury free his entire career....and that is mostly because of his running style....he hardly ever seen to take a clean hit.....very Barry Sanders like (or dare I say....Thuman THomas like)

Edited by John from Hemet

You've made some interesting points in this thread that cannot be overlooked when projecting forward for Shady. The only point I don't know can be held against him is the bolded. After seeing how poor their running game is this year, it could be a scheme issue in Philly.

Same scheme he had in 2013.

I dont care what happened to other players on the eagles....you are still making MAJOR assumption when it comes to Shady

and

Shady has been relatively injury free his entire career....and that is mostly because of his running style....he hardly ever seen to take a clean hit.....very Barry Sanders like (or dare I say....Thuman THomas like)

Maybe you and Greggy can point out to me who else was going to trade for and then cough up a $26.5M guaranteed for a RB with declining yards per numbers who was going into his 7th year with that kind of mileage.

Wasn't happening.

Teams trade for WR and OL relatively often....they are more valued positions....not "rotation" positions like RB is now...but Jackson and Mathis had contracts that were prohibitive and that killed their trade value.

The only trade value McCoy had was his contract.....much of which had already been paid.

The Bills were just the huckleberry the Eagles couldn't find for Jackson and Mathis.

Maybe you and Greggy can point out to me who else was going to trade for and then cough up a $26.5M guaranteed for a RB with declining yards per numbers who was going into his 7th year with that kind of mileage.

Wasn't happening.

Teams trade for WR and OL relatively often....they are more valued positions....not "rotation" positions like RB is now...but Jackson and Mathis had contracts that were prohibitive and that killed their trade value.

The only trade value McCoy had was his contract.....much of which had already been paid.

The Bills were just the huckleberry the Eagles couldn't find for Jackson and Mathis.

You mean a top 5 running back in the league with high production....not over the hill in age?

Now you want us to make assumptions on teams that might do something like that? I am trying to stay away from assumptions but a list wouldnt be that difficult.

as will I. I dont feel he will present well in the media.

Badol seems to have an issue with McCoy. possibly?

No and this is the common......and very weak.......take around here when someone expresses a negative opinion about a player that can't logically be dispelled by their supporters/apologists.

I think McCoy is fun to watch when what he is doing is working.

Just doesn't work as well as it used to and there were a lot of factors that don't seem to have been well thought out on the Bills part.

I do have some bias against expending chips(high draft picks and cap dollars) on RB's.

That has been proven well founded in the 18+ years that I've been posting on this forum.

But again......the perception is that McCoy is this great playmaker but he had the lowest yards per touch of any NFL player who had 250 or more touches last year.

He was not that good.

I dont think Bado has an issue with Shady....for some reason the contract seems to bother him a lot.

I think he has issues with both.

McCoy was not my favorite trade. And the contract does irk me. But not because he is injured or old or whatever. I just thought thats a ton of money for a RB .

No and this is the common......and very weak.......take around here when someone expresses a negative opinion about a player that can't logically be dispelled by their supporters/apologists.

Just doesn't work as well as it used to and there were a lot of factors that don't seem to have been well thought out on the Bills part.

I do have some bias against expending chips(high draft picks and cap dollars) on RB's.

That has been proven well founded in the 18+ years that I've been posting on this forum.

But again......the perception is that McCoy is this great playmaker but he had the lowest yards per touch of any NFL player who had 250 or more touches last year.

He was not that good.

That is a reasonable statement. I dont agree. But it sure is a point of discussion.

all the bullets beyond that are up for argument. I think you get ahead of yourself for the sake of argument sometimes. Its not that you are wrong as much as you very well, may not be right.

: )

I think he has issues with both.

McCoy was not my favorite trade. And the contract does irk me. But not because he is injured or old or whatever. I just thought thats a ton of money for a RB .

I just can't wait to hear his radio show.

Except for the part where he b*tches about Buffalo because one of the problems with getting players when they are washing out is that they blame their last stop for not giving them the chance they deserved.

Like when Bledsoe has trashed Buffalo years after all those old ladies held a goddam parade for him. :lol:

This is a bad fit.

It's not going to end well and it's going to piss Dwight in Philly off when Shady is complaining about the Buffalo ladies and the quality of the Applebees and such.

He was not that good.

Its just really difficult to have this conversation when McCoy isnt even on the field to evaluate.

I just can't wait to hear his radio show.

Except for the part where he b*tches about Buffalo because one of the problems with getting players when they are washing out is that they blame their last stop for not giving them the chance they deserved.

Like when Bledsoe has trashed Buffalo years after all those old ladies held a goddam parade for him. :lol:

This is a bad fit.

It's not going to end well and it's going to piss Dwight in Philly off when Shady is complaining about the Buffalo ladies and the quality of the Applebees and such.

Dwight's gonna get pissed for sure. Does Applebees have the drive up service down in Philly?

Its just really difficult to have this conversation when McCoy isnt even on the field to evaluate.

How about this:

His yards per touch dropped over one full yard.....A LOT.....from over 5.8 to 4.7.....and the Eagles had the top ranked run blocking unit in the NFL in 2014 per PFF.

McCoy's yards per carry was 4.2.....which is the league AVERAGE.

He was not very good and blaming the team around him......a winning team with good blocking......seems a bit of a stretch.

How about this:

His yards per touch dropped over one full yard.....A LOT.....from over 5.8 to 4.7.....and the Eagles had the top ranked run blocking unit in the NFL in 2014 per PFF.

McCoy's yards per carry was 4.2.....which is the league AVERAGE.

He was not very good and blaming the team around him......a winning team with good blocking......seems a bit of a stretch.

It's only a stretch if you're looking at stats rather than the games themselves. Last year's Eagles' offense had a lot of issues they did not have Chip's first year. Mainly up front (injuries early) and Kelly's maddening unwillingness to use anyone but Sproles in the red zone.

It's only a stretch if you're looking at stats rather than the games themselves. Last year's Eagles' offense had a lot of issues they did not have Chip's first year. Mainly up front (injuries early) and Kelly's maddening unwillingness to use anyone but Sproles in the red zone.

I will also add

Trades happen for a reason

It is quite plausible that the eagles felt it was time to trade Shady.....but there have been plenty of situations where players have been traded and went on to be very productive for another team.

The bottom line is.....regardlss of his ypg (which is not gonna be goddy if your getting a lot of touches) regardless of how much the bills paid

THe only thing that really matters is how McCoy plays for the bills......lets keep in mind that this is all relative.....

We went from

Spiller (who hasnt been able to stay healthy for the Saints)

Jackson (who got hurt for the hawks)

AND those exact two players also got hurt last season.....

So that is the running back situation we are coming from in the previous year.

It is quite possible that Whaley saw an opportunity to get a still highly productive back.....without injury issues (prior) and he knew that he was going to replace 2 backs.....

Given that.....what would YOU have done for running backs this year?

You see.....a whole lot of guesses and assumptions goin on.....Whaley pulled the trigger....and we dont know how it its going to work out