I hope the Bills can keep Percy Harvin

YoloinOhio

Keeping Richie ,Gilmore , Bradham, Glenn, and Harvin will be too expensive.

I just hope they can trade someone instead of having walk away FAs

It's a good problem to have after so many bad years , especially if Taylor turns into a franchise QB. He will need a good OL to stay in one piece. Other good QBs are getting hurt.

Edited by ALF

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the contract was well done for this year's cap, but Harvin has proven that he belongs beyond the one year. We best get that sorted out. He and Richie were huge gets for us.

my sense is Mario is gone after this year. IK steps in. that's one reason they got him. Mario's $$ will pay for TT, Harvin, others . can't keep em all.

He might not require big bucks. Players will get hurt. It's a rare few who don't miss any time. Harvin has shown vast improvement this season. He was always explosive athletically and capable of making explosive plays, but as a WR I don't think he's ever been better than he is right now. He does have a good connection with Sanjay Lal, who he swears by. If Tyrod keeps playing well, I don't think we'll see the Bills let offensive skill talent go.

Glenn would go, and probably a couple pieces off the defense, because Rex could coach up new LB's and DL. As long as he has Gilmore and Darby he would be able to put out a good product on defense. I think we see Mario W. re-structure soon and open up some cap space. Kyle and Bradham could be in trouble. Mario too, if he doesn't restructure.

Bradham is not going anywhere. He is a big part of this defense. Kyle Williams indeed may be in trouble, unless he restructures. I definitely see Leodis being let go at the end of the season. I also believe we are carrying a big chunk of Fitz's contract this season?

percy is the definition of a guy that you dont give big upfront money to.

hes a legit player on the field, but you dont commit big dollars to headcases, or you get into trouble quick. you cycle through those guys and never let the headache become yours.

Harvin is playing really well this year. But if it came down to keeping Incognito or Harvin I would prefer Incognito. The Bills are loaded with receivers such as Watkins, Woods and Clay. As it stands our OL is thin.

Whaley has done a terrific job in picking up troubled players that most teams didn't want to deal with and giving them an opportunity to put their careers on track. He did his due diligence and took calculated risks with show me contracts that made the team better. As it stands Incognito is our best offensive lineman and Harvin has proved to this point to be our most productive receiver.

With his draft and free agent acquisitions Whaley has done a stellar job this past offseason!

Edited by JohnC

@TyDunne

In Buffalo, Percy Harvin has become a more complete WR with coach Sanjay Lal. Now gets his shot as the top guy: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/01/bills-percy-harvin-becoming-a-complete-wide-receiver/

Great article. I read that earlier today. It reveals a level of dedication that Harvin has that I believe many here have doubted. He seems to have taken the criticism of Sanjay to heart and has put in a lot of work to perfect his craft. THAT is a huge break from how he behaved in his early years in the NFL. I think he's a keeper and the sky could be the limit for him. He's a special threat.

Great article. I read that earlier today. It reveals a level of dedication that Harvin has that I believe many here have doubted. He seems to have taken the criticism of Sanjay to heart and has put in a lot of work to perfect his craft. THAT is a huge break from how he behaved in his early years in the NFL. I think he's a keeper and the sky could be the limit for him. He's a special threat.

It also helps that Sammy and Tyrod both really like him being on the team.