I hope the Bills can keep Percy Harvin

YoloinOhio

I think he's a legit WR. He's good enough to be a #1 WR. He, Watkins, Woods and Clay with suddenly solid QB play is extremely exciting. He can also block with abandon. I know everyone assumes he will be gone because of his contract structure but he has looked really, really good ..

Great chemistry with Taylor and clutch on 3rd downs

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's a legit WR. He's good enough to be a #1 WR. He, Watkins, Woods and Clay with suddenly solid QB play is extremely exciting. He can also block with abandon. I know everyone assumes he will be gone because of his contract structure but he has looked really, really good ..

Couldn't agree more. If Whaley can find a way to do it that makes sense financially, I am all for it. Possible that Glenn isn't worth a huge LT contract, but it's a little early to say. Whaley has shown himself to be pretty shrewd when it comes to making the contracts work. So far, I've loved everything about Percy as a Bill.

Isn't he signed 1 year with a 2 yr option?

i think it is his option at the end of this year... Or the Bills could cut him. Someone can correct me if im wrong. It was a creative contract structure.

It'd be nice if they could just re-do Percy and Mario's contracts with a good amount of up front money that averages out to a lower average than their going rates

yes...

Isn't he signed 1 year with a 2 yr option?

It's a 3-year contract that it can be voided after the first season, the 2nd and 3rd years were made to reduce the cap hit. There is no way we do not reconstruct the his contract after this season if we want to keep him. His cap hit is 10 million in year 2 and 3.

Edit: Contract detail: http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/75707/bills-get-creative-with-percy-harvin-pact

Edited by syhuang

It's a 3-year contract that it can be voided after the first season, the 2nd and 3rd years were made to reduce the cap hit. There is no way we do not reconstruct the his contract after this season if we want to keep him. His cap hit is 10 million in year 2 and 3.

Edit: Contract detail: http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/75707/bills-get-creative-with-percy-harvin-pact

thanks! Edited thread title as they don't need to extend him, they need to restructure or redo. Edited by YoloinOhio

Agree. Just draft a couple OTs next season.

What are the chances we re-sign Glenn for cheap? He hasn't been bad, just average. Unless some team is desperate, I get the feeling we can hang onto him for another year or two and see if Seantrel and Kujo (and other draftees) can step up. Or Glenn gets it together again.

Harvin has looked like the weapon he was in Minnesota and in Seattle's playoff run. But he needs to stay healthy. With Harvin the issues were always health and locker room. So far he seems to be doing well in both. If the price was fair I would like to see Harvin stay, been too valuable a weapon.

What are the chances we re-sign Glenn for cheap? He hasn't been bad, just average. Unless some team is desperate, I get the feeling we can hang onto him for another year or two and see if Seantrel and Kujo (and other draftees) can step up. Or Glenn gets it together again.

There's always some damn team that will overpay. Look at Levitre. Someone will have a ton of cap space and they'll shell out.

I think there is always some team willing to overpay for slightly above average OL play. Seems to happen every year.

We have not really seen the full potential of this Offense yet...If Sammy is 100%...with Percy and Woods...Oh my! :thumbsup:

between Harvin and Sammy we should have one non-injured all-pro WR. If they both are fully healthy at the same time, I don't know how you defend them and Woods.

He's been excellent, a very pleasant surprise. I knew he was talented and fast but I didn't expect him to show as much effort as he's shown. He's showing a lot of heart out there.

I absolutely want Harvin around for as long as he wants to be here. Personality-wise, I think he wants to be in a place where he's valued and loved and supported and I think Rex & the Pegulas make Buffalo a great fit for him. I can't see why he'd want to be anywhere else unless he gets to a production point where he wants to be the unquestioned #1 WR on a team.

Couldnt agree more. I didnt like the pick up of Harvin initially but I totally agree. He's a very good player I hope he stays healthy and we can let him finish his career as a Bill. Its a blast watching this bunch so far. Love it.