Richie Incog ranked #1 Guard

BuffaninATL

The O-lines improvement has stemmed from him. Glenn, Wood, and Henderson are looking a little better but they still leave more to be desired, but playing next to a monster guard in InCog the first 3 games has made everyone look better. Miller also being a better guard than anyone they had last year even if he hasn't been amazing the fact that he has put out capable guard play is a upgrade.

RI looks great and Miller is playing above expectations and should develop into a long time starter with some luck and good coaching. I am not a fan of Wood as he just seems too soft against big men (like Levitre was/is). Henderson and Glenn should only get better with time. They need to play as a unit, build cohesion and the sky's the limit!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to jump the gun, but if he's still playing this way after Week 7, I'd use the bye week to try to get him to sign a 1-year extension for mid-range guard money (i.e. $3M/year)

3M a year if grades out high and doesn't implode, won't happen IMO. At this stage in his career (age) and knowing full well, " it's a business"

he goes to the highest bidder. But one would hope considers the Bills as a priority next year the team may have to figure out how to pay #5 if he keeps it up, among others.

I don't think it's about eating crow with fellow posters - for me I'm asking my fellow fans to recognize and respect Whaley. We're so lucky to have him and it's frustrating to listen to some fans try and find ways to not be happy with his work. Many hated the Darby and Karlos picks and when you confront them they try and bring up EJ and Watkins. C'mon, he's not going to be perfect but it's about being a lot more right than wrong - and he is.

In saying that our OL run blocking is awful. I'm wondering if that improves when Kromer comes back. I think we might be missing him more than we talk about.

Incognito has been the Bills best offensive lineman and it isnt even close

This!

and it shows what a quality OG can do. Like someone else said he was signed for one year, and I don't see Buffalo keeping him.

I freely admit I was anti signing him. I was never that big a fan of his play and didn't think he was worth the character risk. Had I known how well he would play that evaluation might have been different.

I am happy to eat crow on this one.

I remember reading that some fans wanted to see him signed by Buffalo last season to eliminate that godawful Pears experiment at RG.

I remember reading that some fans wanted to see him signed by Buffalo last season to eliminate that godawful Pears experiment at RG.

They did and I was anti it then too as dreadful as Pears had been it didn't change my evaluation on Incognito in terms of risk v reward. I am delighted with how he is playing.

Same.

Despite how much of a gamble he is, I value him over re-signing Cordy Glenn right now. OG doesn't fetch as huge of a price as OT, but the line is remarkably improved with Richie in the mix. He's worth a lot to us, and the price tag isn't huge.

Now that's a "hot take" I can get behind.

RI looks great and Miller is playing above expectations and should develop into a long time starter with some luck and good coaching. I am not a fan of Wood as he just seems too soft against big men (like Levitre was/is). Henderson and Glenn should only get better with time. They need to play as a unit, build cohesion and the sky's the limit!

Last year the team had I would say the worst or among the worst guard play in the NFL. So far InCog has come in and given the team a great LG and Miller a capable RG. Even if InCog regresses a bit to being an above average guard like he was most of his career that is still so far ahead of what the team had last year and longer term Miller looks to be someone who can develop.

Wood is an OK to slightly above average center and Glenn is a decent LT. Neither are where they were several years ago when they looked to be studs. But neither are bad players and they are playing modestly better than they were last year (Which I think in part is helped by the better guards they are surrounded with). As far as Henderson he has improved modestly as well but still isn't anything great at RT although he could prove to be a solid starter.

• Richie Incognito is back, and he’s really good. Incognito, who didn’t play football for 22 months after the Dolphins’ bullying scandal of 2013, had his third straight very good day at left guard Sunday for the Buffalo Bills, back at Miami. Incognito helped keep Tyrod Taylor sack-free, and through three weeks he’s allowed only one quarterback hit and no sacks in 196 snaps—good for the top guard in the league as rated by Pro Football Focus. “It’s great,” the 32-year-old Incognito said from Miami. “I just kept working on my game and on me as a person, and the Bills gave me a chance. I’m grateful.”

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/28/nfl-week-3-monday-morning-qb

#1 - I am a big fan of Incognito's play. He has been outstanding. However... he has not been perfect...

This statement below seems to imply that he has been perfect

"Incognito helped keep Tyrod Taylor sack-free, and through three weeks he’s allowed only one quarterback hit and no sacks in 196 snaps—good for the top guard in the league as rated by Pro Football Focus"

Go back and watch the first 2 games and it is obvious that he failed to pick up a couple of stunts correctly .. and these failures led directly to pressure on Taylor.

Again... based on my Game Pass review of the O Line play he's definitely our been our best lineman.. just wanted to point out that he hasn't been perfect in pass protection and he still has a few things he needs to work on.

I have been super impressed. He is playing better than I have ever seen him play before. I wonder if those 22 months gave him some new perspective in life? He looks so focused on every play.

He was pretty good the last stint with us. I was actually surprised they let him walk. It was shortly after Jason Peters if I recall.

In this case, I actually agree with PFF that he's been very good.

Let's hope that (a) it continues, and (b) he remembers that Buffalo gave him his 2nd chance, and factors that in when he's a UFA after this season (I know that's asking a lot from a guy that's never gotten a big contract before).

Incognito is not a sentimental fool. He in my mind unfairly lost a season of work. This year he is playing on a substandard contract relative to his talent because of the controversy that happened in Miami. RI would be a fool if he doesn't try to maximize his earning power in what's left of a short career life span.

Glenn is coming up in a contract year. He is having a below par season. It's very early in the season but it is evident that RI is our best performing lineman. The way TT is playing he will certainly garner a contract that will make it challenging for the GM to work out the cap ramifications. If RI agrees to terms on his next contract with the Bills there is a good chance that Glenn will be gone.