Richie Incog ranked #1 Guard

BuffaninATL

• Richie Incognito is back, and he’s really good. Incognito, who didn’t play football for 22 months after the Dolphins’ bullying scandal of 2013, had his third straight very good day at left guard Sunday for the Buffalo Bills, back at Miami. Incognito helped keep Tyrod Taylor sack-free, and through three weeks he’s allowed only one quarterback hit and no sacks in 196 snaps—good for the top guard in the league as rated by Pro Football Focus. “It’s great,” the 32-year-old Incognito said from Miami. “I just kept working on my game and on me as a person, and the Bills gave me a chance. I’m grateful.”

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/28/nfl-week-3-monday-morning-qb

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richie Incognito is back, and he’s really good. Incognito, who didn’t play football for 22 months after the Dolphins’ bullying scandal of 2013, had his third straight very good day at left guard Sunday for the Buffalo Bills, back at Miami. Incognito helped keep Tyrod Taylor sack-free, and through three weeks he’s allowed only one quarterback hit and no sacks in 196 snaps—good for the top guard in the league as rated by Pro Football Focus. “It’s great,” the 32-year-old Incognito said from Miami. “I just kept working on my game and on me as a person, and the Bills gave me a chance. I’m grateful.”

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/28/nfl-week-3-monday-morning-qb

In this case, I actually agree with PFF that he's been very good.

Let's hope that (a) it continues, and (b) he remembers that Buffalo gave him his 2nd chance, and factors that in when he's a UFA after this season (I know that's asking a lot from a guy that's never gotten a big contract before).

I have been super impressed. He is playing better than I have ever seen him play before. I wonder if those 22 months gave him some new perspective in life? He looks so focused on every play.

Did you see one of the Miami players give him the business after a play early in the game and he flopped so bad to try and get a personal foul called on them? Loved it lol

I freely admit I was anti signing him. I was never that big a fan of his play and didn't think he was worth the character risk. Had I known how well he would play that evaluation might have been different.

I am happy to eat crow on this one.

Edited by GunnerBill

I freely admit I was anti signing him. I was never that big a fan of his play and didn't think he was worth the character risk. Had I known how well he would play that evaluation might have been different.

I am happy to eat crow on this one.

Save some for me. I was totally wrong on signing RI. Those who advocated signing him deserve props.

In this case, I actually agree with PFF that he's been very good.

Let's hope that (a) it continues, and (b) he remembers that Buffalo gave him his 2nd chance, and factors that in when he's a UFA after this season (I know that's asking a lot from a guy that's never gotten a big contract before).

I don't think this will be an issue - from the same article I linked :

And the way it’s worked out is great—to get a chance here with Rex Ryan. I’m grateful [GM] Doug Whaley took a chance on me, and [owners] Terry and Kim Pegula. They showed faith in me, and I appreciate it.

The O-lines improvement has stemmed from him. Glenn, Wood, and Henderson are looking a little better but they still leave more to be desired, but playing next to a monster guard in InCog the first 3 games has made everyone look better. Miller also being a better guard than anyone they had last year even if he hasn't been amazing the fact that he has put out capable guard play is a upgrade.

I don't think this will be an issue - from the same article I linked :

And the way it’s worked out is great—to get a chance here with Rex Ryan. I’m grateful [GM] Doug Whaley took a chance on me, and [owners] Terry and Kim Pegula. They showed faith in me, and I appreciate it.

Oh he remembers it now...and frankly I'm sure he'll remember it later. I [selfishly] hope that he uses that as a reason to take a "hometown" discount at the end of the year (assuming he continues to play this well).

I don't doubt that Incognito will get paid by somebody if his spectacular play continues, but he will still be a 33-year old guard with an extensive history of trouble.

Nobody will break the bank, and nobody will sign him for more than a couple years.

Doesnt matter...if we dont pay him somebody will to get him on their team and off ours

Just do it Whaley