Official Mets lovefest thread

Rob's House

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being from Missouri, and a Cardinals fan. I can remember when the Mets were in the NL East with the Cardinals. Going to the old Busch stadium and watching a plane circling during the game pulling a banner which read "The Mets are pond scum"

Seriously. Happened anytime the Mets came to town for like a two year period. I think this was around the time the Mets had signed Keith Hernandez, cocaine junkie extraordinaire. A previous Cardinal.

Any who, go Royals.

Edit: I don't think Wright is a liability and he's been hitting very well this postseason. Errors happen and it had nothing to do with the throw.

7/37 with only two extra base hits (no homers) is not "hitting very well" for your #2 hitter -- and he has struck out FOURTEEN times. That's the killer.

David Wright is not playing like David Wright.

Bad defense did us in. No biggie.

Collins yanking Harvey after 80 pitches was a very smart move.

Meanwhile, the Royals threw their Game 4 starter out there for 3 innings.

KC won the battle. It was great postseason baseball with a little bit of everything. No doubt that these are the two best teams in baseball.

My heart goes out to Edinson Volquez and his family. For that kid to go out there and grind it out after learning of his 63-year-old father's death is remarkable.

I like the Mets' chances tonight and I'm predicting a comfortable win. Then, to Citi Field we go.

LET'S GO METS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I don't think Wright is a liability and he's been hitting very well this postseason. Errors happen and it had nothing to do with the throw.

The liability is Cuddyer. That guy was completely lost at the plate and his 3 ABs for 3 Ks showed it. That is the one move by Collins that I disagreed with. You can't take Conforto out for defensive purposes in the 6th inning. It's way too early when the person you're replacing him with will get at least one, likely two, at bats. I'm pretty certain that won't happen again.

You make some good points but Conforto is batting under a buck for this postseason. Right now we are not losing much by pulling him in the 6th. In fact I would give laggarres the start tonight & move Cesspedes to Left. You strengthen the defense, add a little more speed to the lineup & Laggarres looked like he was swinging the stick good last night.

It is not that Wright has not gotten hits but yoy could tell whenever he comes up with men in scoring position the pitchers are not afraid of him & they go right after him. He usually strikes out in those situations. Tough call for Collins though. Wright is the leader. I don't know if he could put him on the bench even though you may get more production out of Uribe. Totally agree with Cuddyear. I don't want to see that guy get another ab the rest of the series. Totally useless at the plate.

Being from Missouri, and a Cardinals fan. I can remember when the Mets were in the NL East with the Cardinals. Going to the old Busch stadium and watching a plane circling during the game pulling a banner which read "The Mets are pond scum"

Seriously. Happened anytime the Mets came to town for like a two year period. I think this was around the time the Mets had signed Keith Hernandez, cocaine junkie extraordinaire. A previous Cardinal.

Any who, go Royals.

How can you be routing for the Royals if your a Cardinals fan. I thought those 2 fan bases hated each other. Don't you remember how the Cardinals got screwed in Game 6 of the 85 world series?

How can you be routing for the Royals if your a Cardinals fan. I thought those 2 fan bases hated each other. Don't you remember how the Cardinals got screwed in Game 6 of the 85 world series?

How could a legitimate Cardinals fan forget Denkinger's call in game 6? Hardly the Royals fault. For the record, I was rooting for the Cardinals. I can't help but follow the Royals, I know way too many people who follow them. Kind of like the Queefs in football. I will always root for the Royals if they are not playing the Cardinals. I am also a fan of small market teams and I reside in Wisconsin now, so I keep track of the Brewers too.

I will however never, ever, root for the Queefs. I do root for and follow the Packers, unless they happen to be playing the Bills.

You make some good points but Conforto is batting under a buck for this postseason. Right now we are not losing much by pulling him in the 6th. In fact I would give laggarres the start tonight & move Cesspedes to Left. You strengthen the defense, add a little more speed to the lineup & Laggarres looked like he was swinging the stick good last night.

It is not that Wright has not gotten hits but yoy could tell whenever he comes up with men in scoring position the pitchers are not afraid of him & they go right after him. He usually strikes out in those situations. Tough call for Collins though. Wright is the leader. I don't know if he could put him on the bench even though you may get more production out of Uribe. Totally agree with Cuddyear. I don't want to see that guy get another ab the rest of the series. Totally useless at the plate.

Was there EVER a team that did more coke than the !@#$ing Royals in the 80s? Come on, man.

I don't think you can bench Wright (yet) but for God sake get him out of the two hole already. He should be hitting 7th. He is totally over matched against the power pitchers. Does he really have five more years on that contract?

Agree with the outfield change. Let Conforto DH. Cuddyear is yet another crappy vet who suddenly forgot how to hit when he got to Flushing.

I don't think you can bench Wright (yet) but for God sake get him out of the two hole already. He should be hitting 7th. He is totally over matched against the power pitchers. Does he really have five more years on that contract?

Agree with the outfield change. Let Conforto DH. Cuddyear is yet another crappy vet who suddenly forgot how to hit when he got to Flushing.

Cuddyear shouldn't even of been on the playoff roster. You nailed it with Wright. His bat speed is way too slow to have success with any regularity against the power pitching he is going to see in this series. The problem with him in the 2 hole is that whenever there is a base open & runner in scoring position your pretty much taking the bat out of Grandy & MUrph's hands as you know they aren't going to pitch to those guys unless they are forced to. They are going to go after Wrigth & he usually is going to strike out.

The Royals are a bad matchup for the Mets. The Dodgers and Cubs lineups were tailor made for the Mets power pitching staff, but the Royals are smart at the plate; they don't give away a free strike, they don't strike out, they don't get doubled up. Likewise they're smart with the pitching. Murphy and Cespedes are not getting pitches to drive.

Also, it was inevitable Murphy was going to cool off and expose the rest of the lineup. Other than Grandy earlier in the playoffs, no one else has done much at the plate.

Edited by KD in CT

The Royals are a bad matchup for the Mets. The Dodgers and Cubs lineups were tailor made for the Mets power pitching staff, but the Royals are smart at the plate; they don't give away a free strike, they don't strike out, they don't get doubled up. Likewise they're smart with the pitching. Murphy and Cespedes are not getting pitches to drive.

Also, it was inevitable Murphy was going to cool off and expose the rest of the lineup. Other than Grandy earlier in the playoffs, no one else has done much at the plate.

Yup.

But Cespedes was hitting in the NLDS and NLCS and he's not now. That's significant.

KC's GM is a genius. What a team he's built.

Onto Citi Field we go. LET'S GO METS!