Official Mets lovefest thread

Rob's House

I would go with same order as this series, Harvey, Thor, Degrom, Mastz with the thought process that this series whoever they play is going 7 games & I want Degrom pitching Game 7. They are all going to get 2 starts(besides Matz) so what is the difference what order they go in.

Also, Thor has been much better @ Citi then on the road. I would definately give him a home start.

Completely disagree...you want deGrom pitching as much as possible if you need it, so you start him G1...if you get down 2-1 you start him again in G4, which still leaves him available for G7. If you're up 2-1 or 3-0 then you go Matz in G4 and deGrom in G5.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, but that's one of the dumbest articles I've ever read.

As I said much earlier in this thread, I just flat out stopped following the mets when they tried to be big spenders (I think mo Vaughn was the turning point).

This was after being a die hard and probably watching over 80% of all mets games from like 1994-2002. I just felt that the mets I knew had left me and I lost all interest in baseball.

A bit different than this author, who was lured by the Red Sox band wagon. But I can relate to this article-- because I can name probably every guy in the mets bullpen on the 1998 team. But now I can't with a good conscience claim to be a fan anymore.

As I said much earlier in this thread, I just flat out stopped following the mets when they tried to be big spenders (I think mo Vaughn was the turning point).

This was after being a die hard and probably watching over 80% of all mets games from like 1994-2002. I just felt that the mets I knew had left me and I lost all interest in baseball.

A bit different than this author, who was lured by the Red Sox band wagon. But I can relate to this article-- because I can name probably every guy in the mets bullpen on the 1998 team. But now I can't with a good conscience claim to be a fan anymore.

As a Mets fan since 1983, and one who has watched the vast majority of their games on TV since then, I will opine that one doesn't have to have intimate knowledge of a team in order to consider one's self a fan.

I can't name all 53 players on the Bills roster, but I consider myself every bit as much of a fan as someone who knows how often Kyle Williams cuts his toenails and what Robert Woods has for dinner on Thursdays.

If you root for the Mets to win all year long, whether you're watching or not, you're a fan.

As a Mets fan since 1983, and one who has watched the vast majority of their games on TV since then, I will opine that one doesn't have to have intimate knowledge of a team in order to consider one's self a fan.

I can't name all 53 players on the Bills roster, but I consider myself every bit as much of a fan as someone who knows how often Kyle Williams cuts his toenails and what Robert Woods has for dinner on Thursdays.

If you root for the Mets to win all year long, whether you're watching or not, you're a fan.

Thanks, man. I have been feeling guilty about "following" the Mets when they suddenly have re-appeared in the world series. I think I will watch as a casual fan and support them, but won't dig up my old Bobby V.-style Mets jacket. :D

How could a statement like that ever offend anyone....

Well, I said it out of respect for JR because I don't think he's dumb -- but I think it's a ridiculous article.

Come on, man. People acting as though there is some great angst over when they stopped or started rooting for a group of guys in a particular costume is pretty silly. So what -- you gave up on the team through one era, then came back to them later -- who gives a crap? I don't even understand the statement that you (or the author of that article) can't root for the Mets "in good conscience" -- who is judging you? Either you like the team or you don't.

Case in point: I've been a Knicks fan since the 80s, but right now I hate the NBA and only somewhat pay attention during the playoffs. The Knicks' organization is a laughing stock, but if they get things turned around at some point and become relevant, I'll be rooting for them again. Pretty simple. I'm not looking for someone else to validate whether or not I "deserve" to root for them.

Well, we've got our opponent. KC will be tough to beat. Was hoping for the Jays to come back in this one, but if you can't get a man home from 3rd with nobody out in an elimination game you don't deserve to move on.

Well, we've got our opponent. KC will be tough to beat. Was hoping for the Jays to come back in this one, but if you can't get a man home from 3rd with nobody out in an elimination game you don't deserve to move on.

I was actually hoping for KC, but not by much. The Jays' bats scare the hell out of me. KC's staters are inconsistent, but they do have a great bullpen.

Mets have been pouncing early, so they need to continue to do that.

Pretty simple ... Play the way they did against the Cubs and they'll be celebrating in Citi Field next weekend.

LET'S GO METS!!!!!!