Official Mets lovefest thread

Rob's House

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game. Some thoughts:

Collins managed that game differently than I think most managers in baseball would have managed it.

Keeping deGrom in was ballsy.

Taking Syndergaard out/bringing Familia in made me very nervous.

Those were huge non-moves/moves.

Murphy's HR was a bullet.

His heads-up base-running (taking 3rd base when the Dodgers failed to play fundamental baseball) is what won the game, in my opinion.

Who beats Greinke twice in a week? Seriously!!!

If Duda and Wright snap out of their slumps, the Mets will win 8 games in a row.

There's only one word to describe deGrom's performance last night: Gutsy.

I love that there was no retaliation against Utley. Next year, all bets are off, you dirty, rotten mother !@#$ing piece of ****.

I'm not sure if Grienke and Grandal have such a chemistry that Grandal has to catch when Grienke pitches; but Mattingly, in my opinion, erred by letting that guy play.

If I was Mattingly, I would have had Kershaw relieve Grienke as soon as he showed signs of tiring. Kershaw wasn't even available; that floored me. He mowed the Mets down the other night.

The Mets head into the NLCS with a well-rested bullpen and all of their best players healthy. No excuses.

Collins managed that game differently than I think most managers in baseball would have managed it.

His heads-up base-running (taking 3rd base when the Dodgers failed to play fundamental baseball) is what won the game, in my opinion.

If Duda and Wright snap out of their slumps, the Mets will win 8 games in a row.

I love that there was no retaliation against Utley. Next year, all bets are off, you dirty, rotten mother !@#$ing piece of ****.

I'm not sure if Grienke and Grandal have such a chemistry that Grandal has to catch when Grienke pitches; but Mattingly, in my opinion, erred by letting that guy play.

If I was Mattingly, I would have had Kershaw relieve Grienke as soon as he showed signs of tiring. Kershaw wasn't even available; that floored me. He mowed the Mets down the other night.

The Mets head into the NLCS with a well-rested bullpen and all of their best players healthy. No excuses.

Collins: I was thinking they should have gone with Thor earlier and kept him in later, but Collins was right. deG toughed it out and Familia was lights out.

Murphy SB: Aside from the obvious benefit of tying the game, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED seeing the Dodgers get !@#$ed in the ass because of that stupid shift they use almost on every batter.

Greinke: No one beats him twice in a week -- LA won game 2. I don't think Mattingly made any error with him. He was great; other than Murphy no one touched him all night.

Utley: 9th inning not quite the right time to bean him....lol Next year...

Wright: No idea why he was batting 2d; he's an automatic out at this point. Must switch him and Conforto in the lineup. Duda is an enigma. Hopefully he wakes up with a fresh start against the Cubs.

Grandal: Agreed. I was very happy to see him rather than Ellis in the lineup.

Mattingly may be done in LA.

Collins: I was thinking they should have gone with Thor earlier and kept him in later, but Collins was right. deG toughed it out and Familia was lights out.

Murphy SB: Aside from the obvious benefit of tying the game, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED seeing the Dodgers get !@#$ed in the ass because of that stupid shift they use almost on every batter.

Greinke: No one beats him twice in a week -- LA won game 2. I don't think Mattingly made any error with him. He was great; other than Murphy no one touched him all night.

Utley: 9th inning not quite the right time to bean him....lol Next year...

Wright: No idea why he was batting 2d; he's an automatic out at this point. Must switch him and Conforto in the lineup. Duda is an enigma. Hopefully he wakes up with a fresh start against the Cubs.

Grandal: Agreed. I was very happy to see him rather than Ellis in the lineup.

Mattingly may be done in LA.

Re: Greinke - Yup, my mistake. Forgot Kershaw started Game 1.

Agree with everything. I swearing at the TV when they didn't bring Syndergard in for the 8th. But Familia was lights out & looked as good as I have seen him this year & he has looked very good at times this year. As for going after Utley, not the time or place. We will get him back next year. Murph is not a lofty stat guy but the guy knows how to play the game the right way. I hope the Mets resign him. Duda & Wright, I don't know. Duda looks lost up there. Wright is not much better. Not sure how much longer Collins could stick with either of them, especially with Wright if Uribe is available. I wouldn't mind seeing Murphy/Kelly Johnson on the right side of the infield & let Duda sit a game or 2. My friend called me this morning & has 4 tickets to the game Saturday night so I am making the drive up there in the Sat morning. I can't wait.

One last thing, it is times like this that I miss Shea. I have only been to Citi twice & it is a beautiful ball park but I would love to have seen the old orange horseshoe rocking for the games this weekend.

Agree with everything. I swearing at the TV when they didn't bring Syndergard in for the 8th. But Familia was lights out & looked as good as I have seen him this year & he has looked very good at times this year. As for going after Utley, not the time or place. We will get him back next year. Murph is not a lofty stat guy but the guy knows how to play the game the right way. I hope the Mets resign him. Duda & Wright, I don't know. Duda looks lost up there. Wright is not much better. Not sure how much longer Collins could stick with either of them, especially with Wright if Uribe is available. I wouldn't mind seeing Murphy/Kelly Johnson on the right side of the infield & let Duda sit a game or 2. My friend called me this morning & has 4 tickets to the game Saturday night so I am making the drive up there in the Sat morning. I can't wait.

One last thing, it is times like this that I miss Shea. I have only been to Citi twice & it is a beautiful ball park but I would love to have seen the old orange horseshoe rocking for the games this weekend.

That's awesome that you're going to the game.

As far as Duda and Wright, they'll come around. Can't sit Duda. Even though he's in a slump, the Cubs have to respect him.

Yeah, this would be cool at Shea, indeed.

Yeah, Shea was great. Glad I got there for the playoffs in '06; though the loudest I ever heard it was back in the mid-80s.

‏@SportsCenter

Cubs are 7-0 against Mets this season. All 7 of those games came before Yoenis Cespedes arrived in New York.

Also, Wright and d'Arnaud were out for at least four of those games. And most of the games were very close.

Not to mention .... how can we lose with this guy??

10155573_10203661867851623_6868963431500

Yeah, Shea was great. Glad I got there for the playoffs in '06; though the loudest I ever heard it was back in the mid-80s.

My friend was at the game in 2000 when Hampton beat the Cardinals to close out the series. He sat in the upper deck up top & said he could actually feel the place shaking. I wish I would of got up there for the playoffs in 06. The mid 80's were such a fun team to route for even though they were a bunch of coke heads. I started liking the Mets in 83'. I was 10 years old at the time.

Also, Wright and d'Arnaud were out for at least four of those games. And most of the games were very close.

Not to mention .... how can we lose with this guy??

10155573_10203661867851623_6868963431500

Harvey is starting game 1. With Arietta waiting in game 2, game 1 is almost a must win. Who do they go with in game 2? It either has to be the fat man or Matz right? I don't think they would pitch Neise.

Edited by Gordio

My friend was at the game in 2000 when Hampton beat the Cardinals to close out the series. He sat in the upper deck up top & said he could actually feel the place shaking. I wish I would of got up there for the playoffs in 06. The mid 80's were such a fun team to route for even though they were a bunch of coke heads. I started liking the Mets in 83'. I was 10 years old at the time.

Harvey is starting game 1. With Arietta waiting in game 2, game 1 is almost a must win. Who do they go with in game 2? It either has to be the fat man or Matz right? I don't think they would pitch Neise.

My guess: Harvey, Matz, deGrom, Syndergaard, Colon (if necessary)

I jumped on the Mets in '82, the day they signed George Foster. As a little kid my favorite player was Johnny Bench and I liked all those guys on the Reds.

I remember going to a Mets-Cubs game in 1984 when they were chasing Chi for the division. First time they had been good in forever. Friday night, Gooden pitching; the place was a mad house.

I thought I read the rotation will be Harvey-Thor-deG-Matz. That way they get two each from the big 3; deG for game 7. I guess this assumes Syndergaard's bullpen work last night wasn't too much.

I jumped on the Mets in '82, the day they signed George Foster. As a little kid my favorite player was Johnny Bench and I liked all those guys on the Reds.

I remember going to a Mets-Cubs game in 1984 when they were chasing Chi for the division. First time they had been good in forever. Friday night, Gooden pitching; the place was a mad house.

I thought I read the rotation will be Harvey-Thor-deG-Matz. That way they get two each from the big 3; deG for game 7. I guess this assumes Syndergaard's bullpen work last night wasn't too much.

1983, here.