Official Mets lovefest thread

Rob's House

So how about deGrom last night? Wow, what a performance. Great to see Wright step up in a big situation as well. Huge win.

Kershaw was excellent, but just can't catch a break in the postseason.

Edited by eball

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how about deGrom last night? Wow, what a performance. Great to see Wright step up in a big situation as well. Huge win.

Kershaw was excellent, but just can't catch a break in the postseason.

deGrom was something. He didn't look quite as good as Kershaw early on but he just kept getting better. Was still dealing 97/98 in the 7th inning.

Meanwhile the Mets finally stopped chasing that damn sinker in the 7th. Grandy had the AB of the game fighting back from 0-2 to draw that two out walk before Wright's hit.

I was reading an interesting article on playoff baseball. Looks like the teams with a lot of success pull their starters before the 7th inning. Usually a starter gets in trouble the third time around the order.

Bruce Bochy has pulled his aces sometimes after the 4th or 5th innings even.

I thought it was interesting, particularly given Kershaw gave up the go-ahead runs in the 6th.

I thought degrom looked shaky in the 7th too, going to full counts with two batters-- but he pitched out of it

I was reading an interesting article on playoff baseball. Looks like the teams with a lot of success pull their starters before the 7th inning. Usually a starter gets in trouble the third time around the order.

Not the 2005 Sox.

:-P :-P

Didn't they have four full games in the sweep of the Astros during the World Series. ?? Will that ever be repeated again?

I'd try to say smoothen nice about the Mets given the spirit of this thread but it is to laugh when one knows the Cardinals are in the league. They are the best organization in sports and the Mets can't hold a candle to them. I do like that bobble head mascot thing though so I'm joining the love fest.

I'd try to say smoothen nice about the Mets given the spirit of this thread but it is to laugh when one knows the Cardinals are in the league. They are the best organization in sports and the Mets can't hold a candle to them. I do like that bobble head mascot thing though so I'm joining the love fest.

Maybe it's because I follow the Pirates now pretty closely, but the Cards strike a lot of fear. They are good and deep everywhere. They basically lost 2 aces, and still probably have better quality starting pitching across their staff than anyone else.

Imagine if a team like the Dodgers lost Kershaw in April? They wouldn't even be over .500. The cards lose wainwright and win 100 games.

The dumbest "rule" in sports is done with teams able to challenge the call on the field. Do they award a goal in hockey when the puck almost goes in the net? Good riddance.

Watching 7th inning of Mets - Dodgers

Is the "neighborhood" no longer a part of the game?

Boy they sure blew that non-challenge. And what ever happened to the neighborhood call at 2nd on the double play?

The dumbest "rule" in sports is done with teams able to challenge the call on the field. Do they award a goal in hockey when the puck almost goes in the net? Good riddance.

Teams better carry 12 middle infielders on their 23 man roster then, because players are allowed to "slide" "at the base" just like Utley did.

No matter what you think about the neighborhood play, the fact remains that the Mets blew it because Utley never touched 2nd either. Collins may have been concentrating on getting his player scraped off the field but someone from the organization should have been watching,

The idea is to avoid having guys get their legs broken. Utley should have been called out anyway since he slid by without ever touching the bag.

Teams better carry 12 middle infielders on their 23 man roster then, because players are allowed to "slide" "at the base" just like Utley did.

No matter what you think about the neighborhood play, the fact remains that the Mets blew it because Utley never touched 2nd either. Collins may have been concentrating on getting his player scraped off the field but someone from the organization should have been watching,

The rule apparently is on a blown call there that is overturned, the runner is awarded the base even if he didn't touch it.

Imo that slide was way over the top and dirty.

The rule apparently is on a blown call there that is overturned, the runner is awarded the base even if he didn't touch it.

Imo that slide was way over the top and dirty.

Which is reason #2 Utley should have been out. He made no attempt to touch the bag, only to hit the player; that should be interference. The explanation from MLB is yet another reason why 'replay' rules suck. It can't possibly account for all the potential variations of what is happening, and making only one specific thing reviewable (and reviewable only based on a judgement call if it can be reviewable) is just a ridiculous cluster!@#$.

I agree. Don't really have a dog in the fight but this was an unfortunate and unfair thing to happen to the mets.

I'm sure the rules will change this winter around breaking up a double play.

I also agree that video review has no place in baseball

Saw a great comment this morning that if his had happened to a star, we'd probably have a Tulo-rule or Jeter-rule in place already this morning.

No one gave a sh-- about catchers getting run over until Posey went down so I guess we'll see if MLB does anything.