Week 4: Giants' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@StillTalkinTV

Notes on reality show shot in Buffalo, Bills announcers and Sunday football feast http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2015/09/30/american-rehab-buffalo-doesnt-appear-to-fix-up-the-old-engagement-story/

Inquiring minds want to know: Which CBS announcers will be working the Oct. 11 Bills game at Tennessee and the Oct. 18 home game against Cincinnati? Two members of the Bills preseason team for Channel 7, play-by-play man Andrew Catalon and analyst Steve Tasker, will be joined by analyst Steve Beuerlein on the Tennessee game. Catalon was quite impressive on the Channel 7 preseason games. The Bills good luck charms, play-by-play man Spero Dedes and analyst Solomon Wilcots, will work their third Buffalo game on Oct. 18 when the Bengals come to the Ralph. To borrow a word made up by Wilcots in the Dolphins game, some fans might find hearing them for a third time “disconcerning.”

The Bills game with the New York Giants at the Ralph on Fox affiliate Channel 29 is one of five games on network television coming into this market on Sunday. The day starts with Miami-New York Jets from London at 9:30 a.m. on Channel 4. The Bills game is the only one at 1 p.m. At 4 p.m., Channel 4 is carrying Cleveland at San Diego and Channel 29 is carrying Green Bay at San Francisco on a Fox doubleheader weekend. Dallas plays New Orleans on NBC's "Sunday Night Football," which is carried on Channel 2.

@JonahJavad

LeSean McCoy & Sammy Watkins not officially listed as OUT (yet) but every player I spoke to today implied the two will not play Sun. #Bills

Giants WR Cruz suffers setback
He’s been trying to work his way back from a calf injury and gave indication that he expected to play this Sunday against the Bills, but reports out of New Jersey say Giants slot receiver Victor Cruz suffered a setback with his calf injury.

Really hope whomever our 2nd RB is this weekend gets some positive yards. Karlos is a beast, but you gotta have another guy ready. Not worried too much about Sammy sitting. Hogan isn't the same threat, but he's dependable, and can block well.

It'd be great to have Goodwin back to stretch the field in Sammy's absence.

@JonahJavad

LeSean McCoy & Sammy Watkins not officially listed as OUT (yet) but every player I spoke to today implied the two will not play Sun. #Bills

Good point, kind of forgot about Flash... is he a full participant this week?

Edit: Look above, Dorkington, duh.

Edited by Dorkington

@JonahJavad

I'd love to see them run that clear out play for Harvin or Woods on the shallow dig route with Flash running the 9 out of the slot. That's a great YAC opportunity to either Woody or Percy, and a killer first down play call.

You better believe that the safeties are going to back off a bit when they see Flash on the field--and if they don't, well, there's an answer for that too.

Edited by thebandit27

Marcell Dareus: "Get him uncomfortable" (2:28)
Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus talks about facing Eli Manning and the New York Giants this Sunday and being productive with stopping the run.

Tyrod Taylor: "I'm confident with my ability" (5:43)
Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor discusses his play through three weeks of play, the optimism with the offense, and the injury situation on the offensive side of the ball.

Chris Hogan: "You have to be ready to play" (2:44)

Bills wide receiver Chris Hogan discusses his increasing role on the team, as well as the improvements he and his teammates have made going into week four.

Jerry Hughes: "Just excited to play football" (2:14)

Bills defensive end Jerry Hughes discusses the way him and his teammates prepare throughout the week and how that preparation has strengthened them as the season rolls along.

Kyle Williams: "Get him off his spot" (1:41)

Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams talks about disrupting Eli Manning and the Giants offense and defending in the run game.

2 Minute Drill: Latest on Victor Cruz (1:47)

Anita Marks and Paul Dottino discuss the latest on Victor Cruz as the Giants are getting ready to face the Buffalo Bills this Sunday

QB Eli Manning on Rex Ryan Defense (5:27)

QB Eli Manning says it is always a big week of preparation for a Rex Ryan defense

CB Prince Amukamara on Expectations vs. Bills (1:55)

CB Prince Amukamara says he expects the Giants to respond well this week after getting their first win against Washington

Andre Williams on Buffalo Bills (5:25)
New York Giants running back Andre Williams discusses his team's first win against the Washington Redskins last week, and the upcoming game against the Buffalo Bills.

Guard Geoff Schwartz on Bill's D-Line (0:48)
Giants Geoff Schwartz says he is looking forward to playing a great defensive line on the road

Safety Landon Collins on Giants Defense (0:30)
Safety Landon Collins says the Giants key to winning the game Sunday is stopping the run

Coach Tom Coughlin on Buffalo Bills (9:15)
Coach Tom Coughlin discusses the preparation the Giants are making for their upcoming game vs. the Buffalo Bills

David Diehl and Paul Dottino Preview Bills Game (14:40)
David Diehl and Paul Dottino recap Coach Coughlin's presser and get you set for Sunday's matchup against the Bills

Giants in 90: Getting Ready For Bills (2:12)
John Schmeelk and John Dottino discuss the Giants preparation their game against the Bills this Sunday

I'd love to see them run that clear out play for Harvin or Woods on the shallow dig route with Flash running the 9 out of the slot. That's a great YAC opportunity to either Woody or Percy, and a killer first down play call.

You better believe that the safeties are going to back off a bit when they see Flash on the field--and if they don't, well, there's an answer for that too.

rex seemed to feel M G was not playing this week. Am i wrong? I thought this was just a coaches ploy to list him as limited.

I would love to see him get back in there.

Love me some Flash. One of my favorites for sure

Last time Eli faced a Rex Ryan defense he was 9 of 27, but one of those 9 completions was a 99 yard TD pass to Victor Cruz, in a game which the Giants won...

Looks like we should be able to really frustrate Manning with our D...but then again, we do that to every quarterback not named Brady...

Last time Eli faced a Rex Ryan defense he was 9 of 27, but one of those 9 completions was a 99 yard TD pass to Victor Cruz, in a game which the Giants won...

Looks like we should be able to really frustrate Manning with our D...but then again, we do that to every quarterback not named Brady...

the Gmen hired a new OC last year and their offense is now quick, short passes. Manning doesn't throw downfield as much as he used to. Obj gets a lot of YAC. That should help him against our DL but again he's not Brady in terms of "quick"

the Gmen hired a new OC last year and their offense is now quick, short passes. Manning doesn't throw downfield as much as he used to. Obj gets a lot of YAC. That should help him against our DL but again he's not Brady in terms of "quick"

Exactly. Brady is a surgeon out there. I'm sure Eli will have some success, but he's best when stepping up into the pocket. Our DT's will make that very hard on him.

I think Ryan's D is probably one of the hardest, if not the hardest to prepare for in the NFL when you don't have much familiarity with it, ie, see it once every few years...lots of confusion for opposing QB's that don't know what they are seeing...

I think Ryan's D is probably one of the hardest, if not the hardest to prepare for in the NFL when you don't have much familiarity with it, ie, see it once every few years...lots of confusion for opposing QB's that don't know what they are seeing...

or even if you see it twice/year (cough... Tannehill... Cough)