Name a Star after your Valentine

taterhill

What happens when you buy it for her, and she turns out to be the ever living suckubus she-B word from hell? Can you ask the guys at the Star Registry to re-write their "book" to name the star "the money grubbing, cheating, slut, life-sucking B word"?

Just curious.

238690[/snapback]

Look, I know Bledsoe's bad but calling him a life-sucking B word is kinda harsh.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a novelty, nothing more. Has no real standing whatsoever. So if you're into meaningless stupidity like...oh, say "More cowbell!", go for it. But if you actually think you're really getting a star named after someone, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale, too...

It's a novelty, nothing more.  Has no real standing whatsoever.  So if you're into meaningless stupidity like...oh, say "More cowbell!", go for it.  But if you actually think you're really getting a star named after someone, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale, too...

238805[/snapback]

Will you send me a framed certificate proclaiming the bridge formerly known as Brooklyn is now known as Beerball's Bridge? I would pay $39.99 for that.

It's a novelty, nothing more.  Has no real standing whatsoever.  So if you're into meaningless stupidity like...oh, say "More cowbell!", go for it.  But if you actually think you're really getting a star named after someone, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale, too...

238805[/snapback]

more cowbell humor...or lack of :devil:

I did that for a girlfriend back in high school.  It was cheesy, but trust me, it was appreciated.  ;)

238666[/snapback]

High school age, just might work, but try telling your wife that instead of a tennis bracelet, she's getting a star.

I alwyas tell her that's what she's getting, but if I actually did it, I'td be in the dog house faster than Bledsoe after his first INT of the season. :devil:

High school age, just might work, but try telling your wife that instead of a tennis bracelet, she's getting a star.

I alwyas tell her that's what she's getting, but if I actually did it, I'td be in the dog house faster than Bledsoe after his first INT of the season.  :devil:

238891[/snapback]

I think the whole "star naming" thing is just the epitome of "It's the thought that counts." I know my wife would take a novelty star naming over a diamond tennis bracelet any day...just because naming a star is "creative" and "shows thought", whereas jewelry just proves you have money.

I think the whole "star naming" thing is just the epitome of "It's the thought that counts."  I know my wife would take a novelty star naming over a diamond tennis bracelet any day...just because naming a star is "creative" and "shows thought", whereas jewelry just proves you have money.

238906[/snapback]

Jewelry proves you have money. Buying a star for someone proves you have money AND you're stupid. :devil:

I think the whole "star naming" thing is just the epitome of "It's the thought that counts."  I know my wife would take a novelty star naming over a diamond tennis bracelet any day...just because naming a star is "creative" and "shows thought", whereas jewelry just proves you have money.

238906[/snapback]

I'm gonna disagree, and agree. Your right about the whole money cant buy love, so dont just go out and but jewelery... but when its something that she's wanted, something that fits her taste, and you put thought into getting it, it works. Different than just going into the store and buying the most expensive thing, and that's that. I love being creative, and showing you put thought into it, but the star thing is just as bad. Buy a star, put her name on it. Why not write her a poem or draw her a picture if your going for creativity points.

I'm gonna disagree, and agree. Your right about the whole money cant buy love, so dont just go out and but jewelery... but when its something that she's wanted, something that fits her taste, and you put thought into getting it, it works. Different than just going into the store and buying the most expensive thing, and that's that. I love being creative, and showing you put thought into it, but the star thing is just as bad. Buy a star, put her name on it. Why not write her a poem or draw her a picture if your going for creativity points.

238912[/snapback]

go with my idea...jimmy buffett concert tickets...yah it cost money, but i got huuuuuge points for that...did so much more than any piece opf jewelry would have for the girl...

Last Valentines Day, I got the girl I was dating a small pendant on a necklace and tickets to see Les Miz. She enjoyed the tickets more because she wasn't expecting that at all. I had even contacted several of her friends before to see if they wanted to go with us also. She felt that because I had put that much thought into those tickets, that it was a much better present than the jewelery.

Last Valentines Day, I got the girl I was dating a small pendant on a necklace and tickets to see Les Miz. She enjoyed the tickets more because she wasn't expecting that at all. I had even contacted several of her friends before to see if they wanted to go with us also. She felt that because I had put that much thought into those tickets, that it was a much better present than the jewelery.

238923[/snapback]

Good going. Much more meaning and memories and enjoyment than a dangling bauble.

This old fogey gives you a solid "A+". :devil:

go with my idea...jimmy buffett concert tickets...yah it cost money, but i got huuuuuge points for that...did so much more than any piece opf jewelry would have for the girl...

238916[/snapback]

You got off easy.... she was a big fan, and he's always in the area (Florida). Next time Elton John comes by, I will take her, but Sir Elton, and Jimmy Buffet are worlds apart.

Don't get me wrong, you did good, REAL good. Glad I taught you well.

You got off easy.... she was a big fan, and he's always in the area (Florida). Next time Elton John comes by, I will take her, but Sir Elton, and Jimmy Buffet are worlds apart.

Don't get me wrong, you did good, REAL good. Glad I taught you well.

238939[/snapback]

what you taught me?...sh-- if that was the case, i'd only hafta take her out 2 times a year, her birthday and your anniversary...

And no, i dont agree with you that setting some mood music, dressing the dog up in all fancy in pink, and giving her a jar of peanut butter counts as a good gift :devil:

what you taught me?...sh-- if that was the case, i'd only hafta take her out 2 times a year, her birthday and your anniversary...

And no, i dont agree with you that setting some mood music, dressing the dog up in all fancy in pink, and giving her a jar of peanut butter counts as a good gift :devil:

238943[/snapback]

Words dont describe how sick that just made me. Which reminds me, you still owe me that jar of PB that mysteriously dissapeared that same weekend the dog developed his rash.