[Please Change Title]Tyrod

Tyrod has way better skill players and way better coaching overall than any Bills QB since Kelly, but his actual performance has been way better than guys like Flutie and Edwards when they were too hastily christened as the next good Bills QB. It's just three games but there is a lot to like. I don't think he made one big mistake today.

Tyrod has way better skill players and way better coaching overall than any Bills QB since Kelly, but his actual performance has been way better than guys like Flutie and Edwards when they were too hastily christened as the next good Bills QB. It's just three games but there is a lot to like. I don't think he made one big mistake today.

I can only think of two he'd probably want to have back. One was a high throw early in the game that was tipped and almost intercepted; the other was the overthrow to the left to Clay that would have been a nice 15-20 yarder. Really, not much else I can think of.

The thing I like watching him is how totally comfortable he seems, at least when not pressured. Even when pressured, he seems under control. I also like how effortless it seems he can flick the ball way downfield.

I can only think of two he'd probably want to have back. One was a high throw early in the game that was tipped and almost intercepted; the other was the overthrow to the left to Clay that would have been a nice 15-20 yarder. Really, not much else I can think of.

The thing I like watching him is how totally comfortable he seems, at least when not pressured. Even when pressured, he seems under control. I also like how effortless it seems he can flick the ball way downfield.

Exactly. And those are mistakes but not big mistakes. He's very in control. He's very calm. I love the way he looks to throw when running. He's totally in command and getting everyone in the right position. There are a lot of little things we knew nothing about that are great traits to have as a QB.

Something I haven't seen mentioned was the little drive at the end of the first half to get us in FG range. It was perfect. Throwing a dart on a 7 yard out that made it a 51 yarder and not a 58 yarder with no TO was exactly what we needed. He did that in preseason, too. He's really impressive so far in a lot of ways. It's early, too early, but he's not only playing well he's playing remarkably well.

Coaching is huge in the NFL and we finally have good ones across the offense. Our RB, WR, and QB coach, along with Palmer, and of course Roman, have made an enormous difference.

Not to pee in the proverbial cheerios but RG3, Kaepernick looked great their first years starting, and then something fell on their heads. :blink: What this young man does throughout the season, and in all circumstances is what matters most. This team getting to the playoffs, and then making an impact among the best teams in the league, and then we will see what sort of stuff he is made of...

Tyrod definitely looked great today, though Miami is hardly a measuring stick.

And no, he wasn't very good last week when you look at his body of work, though he flashed moments of brilliance.

I have no idea if he's this team's "Mr. Right", but he's shown enough that he's clearly "Mr. Right Now".

This +100

But heck yea, its great to have such a mobile QB that makes a lousy offensive line look so much better then it really is, and same thing with RB Karlos Williams with 12 rushes for over 100 yards, and a TD.

OTOH, the Patriots showed how to shut down Tyrod for 3/4, and then let off the gas enough for Taylor to get a hot hand, apparently Miami wasn't watching how to stack the box.

Looking at the Bills upcoming opponents before the bye the only one I'm concerned about is the Bengals, and that game is in Buffalo. possibly 5-2 or better at the bye.

NY Giants

@ Tennessee

Cincinnati

@ Jacksonville

People were questioning him after the NE game, and that wasn't a truly bad game :lol:

NE Games stats were provided by NE playing off. He has taken care of the ball which is a huge plus.

Not to pee in the proverbial cheerios but RG3, Kaepernick looked great their first years starting, and then something fell on their heads. :blink: What this young man does throughout the season, and in all circumstances is what matters most. This team getting to the playoffs, and then making an impact among the best teams in the league, and then we will see what sort of stuff he is made of...

This +100

But heck yea, its great to have such a mobile QB that makes a lousy offensive line look so much better then it really is, and same thing with RB Karlos Williams with 12 rushes for over 100 yards, and a TD.

OTOH, the Patriots showed how to shut down Tyrod for 3/4, and then let off the gas enough for Taylor to get a hot hand, apparently Miami wasn't watching how to stack the box.

Looking at the Bills upcoming opponents before the bye the only one I'm concerned about is the Bengals, and that game is in Buffalo. possibly 5-2 or better at the bye.

NY Giants

@ Tennessee

Cincinnati

@ Jacksonville

I wish they would rest Shady before that Hammy becomes a serious issue. Williams has done just fine spelling him.

Game 1 - Hell yea we got our guy

Game 2 - He sucks ! we need a franchise QB, Bring back Kyle Orton!!

Game 3 - We got our QB!!

I don't remember Game 2 the way described above at all!! he played well, others factors lost that game.

Tyrod's ball placement IMO is phenomonal. yesterday, he missed Watkins in the corner, but that doesn't happen all the time.

The fact he tosses the rock further than 3-10 yards regularly in itself is something new for Bills fans.

NY Giants

@ Tennessee

Cincinnati

@ Jacksonville

Hubris will kill you. See the NE* game. Of the next 4 games any concern would be the 2 in Buffalo -

The unpredictable GiAnts should be a win.

The other against the pass happy Bungles averaging 288 ypg passing who are currently 3-0 (Raiders, Chargers & Ravens) and facing a 2 game home stand against the Chiefs & Seahawks.

I'm still 1 game ahead of my prediction of 5-2 up to this point.

This +100

NY Giants

@ Tennessee

Cincinnati

@ Jacksonville

Completely different situations. Both RG3 and Kaep were in their first or second years when they were handed the keys to the Superleggera. Tyrod sat and learned behind Flacco in a development scenario with a well run, well managed, and well coached organization that that didn't have the same stain of "losing" that afflicted this organization for 15 years. Tyrod learned behind Flacco as the "next man up" on a team that made 3 playoff appearances, 2 AFC North division titles, 1 AFC Championship, and 1 Super Bowl win. He was groomed to be prepared to step in and manage the team that was experiencing that level of sustained success.

Back to RG3 and Kaep ... both thrived in an, at that point, nascent read option offense that was quickly figured out by the league. Neither qb has been able to principally recover the from that; nor has either qb shown any type of adaptability to succeed consistently outside of well choreographed "package plays." Tyrod is a pocket passer and looks to pass first.

Back to RG3 and Kaep ... both thrived in an, at that point, nascent read option offense that was quickly figured out by the league. Neither qb has been able to principally recover the from that; nor has either qb shown any type of adaptability to succeed consistently outside of well choreographed "package plays." Tyrod is a pocket passer and looks to pass first.

maybe a 10-5 starting derek anderson type of player that fell off would fit the "im excited but lets be patient" narrative? there are a lot of guys that got hot starts and keep it up, but quite a few that dont pan out long term.

hes hit the mark for 3 games but its still very possible that coordinators will pick up on some tells/weaknesses, and as the talent level around him dips because his pay goes up, he wont look GREAT. or if the beating of the nfl catches up to him and hes ends up playing at 80% all the time.....

seriously though, i do like him a lot so far. this isnt a knock on what im seeing, just a mention that we dont need to trip over each other in the rush to crown him.