MLB Commish Will Not Reinstate Pete Rose

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's way past time to reinstate him.

Ensuring he would never again hold a manager role was appropriate. Banning him for life was just personal vendetta.

I agree 100%.

It's weird to ban Rose in perpetuity yet allow McGwire and Bonds to continue to have active roles in the game post-retirement.

I agree 100%.

It's weird to ban Rose in perpetuity yet allow McGwire and Bonds to continue to have active roles in the game post-retirement.

I agree; so ban McGwire and Bonds to make it all even. Pete Rose lied about his involvement with gambling, lied about gambling on his own team and continues to maintain his right to be reinstated. Pete: You broke the rules, your punishment was banishment...move on to something else.

Has he considered suing in the NY Circuit court?

:lol:

I agree; so ban McGwire and Bonds to make it all even. Pete Rose lied about his involvement with gambling, lied about gambling on his own team and continues to maintain his right to be reinstated. Pete: You broke the rules, your punishment was banishment...move on to something else.

This POS does this every few years to, well I don't know what: pump up his autograph prices, perhaps? He made a deal with Bart Giamatti to accept a lifelong ban from the HOF (and the result was the entire story of his gambling infractions be kept private, as if it was made public would be terrible for Pete and MLB, IMO).

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/p_rosea.shtml

I tell you what, I have no problem with them lifting the ban on Petey---but also releasing ALL the information they had from their investigation.

To me, what McGwire and Bonds did is nothing compared to what Rose did, as far as corrupting the game. This POS was a manager, for Pete's sake. (See what I did there>)

I can't remember exactly what it was, but didn't some crap come out just a few months ago where people were saying "Well, that's it - no way is he ever getting in the Hall." I know it was him caught in another lie and one more step than we knew that he took into gambling.

I think Pete R feels he should be able to ride the current "feel good" atmosphere wherein all bad things are smoothed over and forgiven. When he was playing, and we were in the dark about his transgressions, he projected the tough guy persona, e.g., sliding into second in a cloud of dust, spikes high; he sure has shifted to a woe-is-me course of action currently in hopes of breaking yet another agreement.

Pete, was there an asterisk on that agreement you made with MLB? I didn't think so; No means No!

He broke the golden rule.

Then he lied about it. Over and over and over, again.

Then he admitted it.

I've gone back and forth on this one for years, but I've finally settled on the opinion that he should not be re-instated while he's alive.

He arrogantly snubbed his nose to the game for years; lying the entire way. He's also one of the best pure hitters who's ever played the game; perhaps even the best (only he and Ted Williams are up for that honor, in my opinion).

I think he'll be reinstated and placed into the Hall of Fame after the time comes that he can not possibly enjoy it.

And I'm okay with that.

I don't see how a someone with a career .303 batting average could be the best pure hitter ever.

Tony Gwynn, Rod Carew, Wade Boggs, Ichiro - those guys were better pure hitters

No question about it. But that doesn't diminish Rose's accomplishments.