Ronald Darby putting up Darrelle Revis-esque coverage stats

pbanach

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing something here. Not sure who Darby was covering last Sunday but the Bills gave up over 400 passing yards. No one deserves any accolades let alone a rookie playing his 2nd NFL game.

A player can be playing good even if the team (or coach) is doing poorly.

Am I missing something here. Not sure who Darby was covering last Sunday but the Bills gave up over 400 passing yards. No one deserves any accolades let alone a rookie playing his 2nd NFL game.

not sure I understand the comment, as I think the positive discussion is related to the fact that he has only played 2 games, against great passing teams, and individually performed quite well given those circumstances. Especially compared to some other rookie CBs.

As far as who he was covering, it varied, but very impressively he held his own against Gronk when caught up 1:1 with him.

@Andy_Benoit: #Patriots #Bills Film: When Gronkowski was plus-split 1 on 1 vs. Darby, Brady attacked. Darby excellent job defending those vertical routes.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Most of the issues in coverage were safeties and LBs...the CBs actually played pretty darn good.

I was very surprised to see that Darby was singled up on Gronk on several occasions. That speaks volumes about a player, let alone a rookie, that his coaches have that kind of confidence in him.

Not to get off topic from the OP, but I also have been extremely impressed with Karlos WIlliams. Guy reminds me a lot of Eddie George.

+1 Both great picks.

38 passes of 59 attempts.

Let old man Tainted Tom keep throwing 50+ times a game. His arm will be a noodle by December.

This sort of makes up for no first round pick. The second round over the years has been kind to the Bills. Thurman, Kiko, Glenn, Byrd and Levitre all come to mind as second rounders who had good days in B'lo.

schoebel, travis henry, kyle was maybe a 2nd?,

I will probably get flamed but with cap space in tight demand this is great for us. Need to sign bradham and maybe glenn if he picks up his play. Gilmore could be trade bait....if revis could get a 12 overall pick could gilmore get us something a bit later in the first? We can draft a replacement and still have a first rounder to pick another guy. I don't want to trade gilmore but tough choices need to made to stay under the cap.

I will probably get flamed but with cap space in tight demand this is great for us. Need to sign bradham and maybe glenn if he picks up his play. Gilmore could be trade bait....if revis could get a 12 overall pick could gilmore get us something a bit later in the first? We can draft a replacement and still have a first rounder to pick another guy. I don't want to trade gilmore but tough choices need to made to stay under the cap.

If you are going to trade a corner, trade McKelvin.

Trading Gilmore significantly weakens the secondary.

If you are going to trade a corner, trade McKelvin.

Trading Gilmore significantly weakens the secondary.

Nobody is trading for leodis. If leodis could get us a first i'd be all for it but gilmore is the one that might be able to get us that. I know getting rid of gilmore weakens the defense but we need cap room.

Given that his contract is fully guaranteed, I don't see the Bills moving him anywhere. Trading him after this season would be an $11m cap hit. That would be just plain stupid.

Nobody is trading for leodis. If leodis could get us a first i'd be all for it but gilmore is the one that might be able to get us that. I know getting rid of gilmore weakens the defense but we need cap room.

No, you're not getting a 1st for Leodis, but the goal shouldn't be to accumulate 1sts...it should be to build the best team possible.

Don't trade away the best player in your secondary for a draft pick when you can simply sign him and be done with it.