Andy Benoit film breakdown of Pats* game

YoloinOhio

@Andy_Benoit: #Bills Film: Taylor left intermediate throws on field over middle checking down instead of identifying uncovered receivers.....

@Andy_Benoit: cont....that's an indication that hes still learning to process nuances of coverages.

@Andy_Benoit: Film: #Patriots employed Cover 3 fairly regularly. It was often either that or man.

@Andy_Benoit: #Patriots Film: Chandler Jones great length and lateral flexibility. Really saw it on late 2nd qtr sack.

@Andy_Benoit: Film: #Bills played some up tempo. Not a great tactic against a Patriots D thats execution based and an O that ran 86 plays against you.

@Andy_Benoit: Film: #Bills too many isolation routes given where Taylor is as a field reader at this point. Need more defined reads for him.

@Andy_Benoit: Film: many of #Patriots sacks were coverage-based. Taylor not a fast field reader, either.

@Andy_Benoit: #Bills Film: McCoy underrated pass-blocker but needs to be more consistent in recognition. Was late a few times, including Collins sk-fmb.)

Edited by YoloinOhio

@Andy_Benoit: Film: #Bills halftime adjustment was more pressure looks, including A-gap looks.

@Andy_Benoit: #Patriots #Bills Film: When Gronkowski was plus-split 1 on 1 vs. Darby, Brady attacked. Darby excellent job defending those vertical routes.

This first item did not need to happen at halftime. The entire world knew that is what we needed against Brady**

The second item is encouraging. I think we can go straight man against these guys and get the coverage we need. The key is zoning up the mesh play for when our corners are trailing the crossing routes. McKelvin should help too.

I keep hearing that Brady knew where he would be going pre-snap, that he was picking out who was the mismatch and immediately throwing to that receiver.

I have to think the best way to combat that is to lure him into certain throws.

At least if you know where he will throw it, you might be able to take advantage of it.

I actually saw that at least one time, where a lb lined up on Edelman in slot then came over to cover the TE and the safety came dime after the snap.

Really the only way to beat them is have enough guys that are good enough to cover their guys- and brand the heat at opportune times. That might just not be possible.

i wonder how the packers psycho alignment works against them. 1 down lineman the rest lbs and dbs.

@Andy_Benoit: Film: #Bills a ton of balanced and plus-split formations. Pass play designs did almost nothing to make things easier on Taylor.

@Andy_Benoit: #Bills Film: Taylors first 2 TD passes were late in down off improvised movement to his right.

@Andy_Benoit: #Bills Film: McCoy had some success running behind Incognito pull blocks to left.

@Andy_Benoit: Film: through two games #Bills have not made misdirection a major component of their offense. Read-option also a bit of an afterthought.

@Andy_Benoit: #Bills Film: Taylor got more comfortable in second half and relied more comfortably on his movement.

@Andy_Benoit: #Bills Film: Watkins 24-yd TD was go-route by Fletcher, won with an inside release off the LOS.

I actually saw that at least one time, where a lb lined up on Edelman in slot then came over to cover the TE and the safety came dime after the snap.

Really the only way to beat them is have enough guys that are good enough to cover their guys- and brand the heat at opportune times. That might just not be possible.

i wonder how the packers psycho alignment works against them. 1 down lineman the rest lbs and dbs.

Which did Brady throw it to, and what was the result?