Can't wait to see some fire....

canbuffan34

I think it was the game against San Fran that I saw JP scramble out of the pocket and take off running downfield to pick up a first down... I thought he was going to run out of bounds or slide feet first but then he lowers his head and smacks the defender right in the mouth!! I love that ;) We're up on these guys 31-0 and here's this kid dishing it out! Reminded me of our guy, Jimbo early on in his career

Finally some heart and toughness!! Can't you just picture this guy throwing his helmet and steam coming out of his ears after throwing a pick... imploring the defence, "just get me back in there guys! I gotta make up for that last series" I say screw being nice and I want to see some Buffalo Bills swagger again!! The analysts say that JP is too "cocky and overconfident" I say right on!! That's what they said about Jim early on in his career too. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I think it was the game against San Fran that I saw JP scramble out of the pocket and take off running downfield to pick up a first down... I thought he was going to run out of bounds or slide feet first but then he lowers his head and smacks the defender right in the mouth!! I love that ;) We're up on these guys 31-0 and here's this kid dishing it out! Reminded me of our guy, Jimbo early on in his career

Finally some heart and toughness!! Can't you just picture this guy throwing his helmet and steam coming out of his ears after throwing a pick... imploring the defence, "just get me back in there guys! I gotta make up for that last series" I say screw being nice and I want to see some Buffalo Bills swagger again!! The analysts say that JP is too "cocky and overconfident" I say right on!! That's what they said about Jim early on in his career too. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

238452[/snapback]

i would call it more "stupid" then "cocky and overconfident"........

up 31-0, a QB does not need to be taking hits and the smart thing to do is to avoid contact.......bledsoe learned the hard way -- i hope JP figures it out on his own before something like that happens to him.........

I think it was the game against San Fran that I saw JP scramble out of the pocket and take off running downfield to pick up a first down... I thought he was going to run out of bounds or slide feet first but then he lowers his head and smacks the defender right in the mouth!! I love that :blink: We're up on these guys 31-0 and here's this kid dishing it out! Reminded me of our guy, Jimbo early on in his career

238452[/snapback]

I don't want to see him take on defenders,

but I agree 100% on finally having a QB with heart & the swagger.

That's been missing for far too long on this team. :lol:;)

238452[/snapback]

Sounds good on the surface, but a QB owes it to his team to get up off the turf and get ready for the next play. Say what you will about Bledsoe, but he took some incredible hits and got up and took the next snap for 48 straight games for this team. Frankly JP looks, and has proven to be, more frail than that.

I like the fire, but save the head cracking for only those times when there is simply no other way.

That's great until he tries for that extra yard, gets knocked on his ass and breaks something.  Oh sorry I forgot, that already happened.

238455[/snapback]

he's a kid. nobody thinks he knows everything or is a polished, mature QB at this point. but we know what we have (had) w/ bledsoe. a 76 QB rating. only 4 out of 11 full seasons w/ a rating above 80. only 1 season w/ a rating above 80 in the last 7 years. a pathetic W-L record vs. winning teams, despite playing for playoff contenders for much of his career.

the bills have gone as far as they can go with bledsoe. we may as well give the 1st round pick a shot. i'd rather see him take his lumps and let the chips fall where they may, than to see bledsoe lead the bills to another 9-7 season and maybe a road playoff game where they have their asses handed to them.

if the bills were wrong to select JP in the 1st round, better to find out now.

bledsoe learned the hard way -- i hope JP figures it out on his own before something like that happens to him.........

238454[/snapback]

Bledsoe learned the hard way? At the time Mo Lewis ended his career with the Pats, he was entering his ninth year in the league. Must be a slow learner? ;)

he's a kid.  nobody thinks he knows everything or is a polished, mature QB at this point.  but we know what we have (had) w/ bledsoe.  a 76 QB rating.  only 4 out of 11 full seasons w/ a rating above 80.  only 1 season w/ a rating above 80 in the last 7 years.  a pathetic W-L record vs. winning teams, despite playing for playoff contenders for much of his career.

the bills have gone as far as they can go with bledsoe.  we may as well give the 1st round pick a shot.  i'd rather see him take his lumps and let the chips fall where they may, than to see bledsoe lead the bills to another 9-7 season and maybe a road playoff game where they have their asses handed to them.

if the bills were wrong to select JP in the 1st round, better to find out now.

238463[/snapback]

I trust the Bills to do the right thing. I just feel there are way too many concerns with JP at this time. Yes Drew has issues and will never will the SB for us, I agree. But the fact is JP has looked horrible in the very limited time he had, and the cockiness stupidty got him hurt in practice. That crap in a meaningless point during a real game, was beyond stupidity and cockiness, that was downright moronic.

But the fact is JP has looked horrible in the very limited time he had, and the cockiness stupidty got him hurt in practice.  That crap in a meaningless point during a real game, was beyond stupidity and cockiness, that was downright moronic.

238469[/snapback]

VA...How can JP getting hurt in training camp be his fault. I don't care if he was doing fuggin' cartwheels on the field. The rule is "you can't hit the guys with the red jerseys on"! A vet on a new team took some liberties with a rookie HC by taking matters into his own hands in order to teach the cocky rookie a lesson. Well done vet...you showed him.

Why am I arguing about something that happened 7 months ago? ;):blink:

I trust the Bills to do the right thing.  I just feel there are way too many concerns with JP at this time.  Yes Drew has issues and will never will the SB for us, I agree.  But the fact is JP has looked horrible in the very limited time he had, and the cockiness stupidty got him hurt in practice.  That crap in a meaningless point during a real game, was beyond stupidity and cockiness, that was downright moronic.

238469[/snapback]

i guess what i have to fall back on is that the bills' brass have surely had all of these debates internally already. they've looked at where the team is going and what is the best way to get them where they want to be. they wouldn't simply throw it all away and send JP to the wolves if they didn't believe that he gives them at least as good a shot at winning as DB. i've got to think that wyche and clements have expressed to TD and MM the confidence in JP to give him the keys to the car.

i guess what i have to fall back on is that the bills' brass have surely had all of these debates internally already.  they've looked at where the team is going and what is the best way to get them where they want to be.  they wouldn't simply throw it all away and send JP to the wolves if they didn't believe that he gives them at least as good a shot at winning as DB.  i've got to think that wyche and clements have expressed to TD and MM the confidence in JP to give him the keys to the car.

238478[/snapback]

That's well stated. The debates and discussion have definitely gone on internally already....

You can blame Bledose for a lot of things. But dont EVER say the guy wasnt tough or showed fire, which is WAY overrated anyways. To do so is revisionist history at his best. Bledose ran a good huddle and played hard. He wasnt no RJ.

238467[/snapback]

I agree with everthing completely, except the grammar.