Bills Trade Cassel to Cowboys

26CornerBlitz

Meh was much more valuable to us in the off-season. Now that we know TT can play and EJ seems to have turned a corner, Meh was completely dispensable. I think DW is looking at this as a chance to hedge the loss of what he gave up originally for Meh (which, at the time, was a good trade-- because we had nothing at QB).

Additionally, my guess is that Meh is maybe a slight upgrade as a backup to the other guys the Cowboys were looking at (e.g., Ponder). So the Cowboys probably aren't desperaate for him.

Eh, win now mode, and we trade our back up for a 5th rounder? Kinda odd.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This trade doesn't make sense to me. It's very odd. We expect the playoffs this year, yet giveaway a top experienced backup QB for a late round pick in 2017. The depth chart at QB is now weaker. And don't give me the EJ is better rebuttal, he's been in street clothes for a reason. He would have been dressed week 1 and 2, if the coaches thought EJ was competent enough and a better fit to backup TT.

The only explanation is that Cassel demanded this and wanted out.

Edited by jmc12290

not sure if you saw this, that doesn't scream 'top' to me

@ESPNStatsInfo: Cowboys acquire Matt Cassel. His 34.6 Total QBR since '12 is 4th-lowest (min. 500 action plays). Lowest QBR since '12...Brandon Weeden, 26.1

This trade doesn't make sense to me. It's very odd. We expect the playoffs this year, yet giveaway a top experienced backup QB for a late round pick in 2017. The depth chart at QB is now weaker. And don't give me the EJ is better rebuttal, he's been in street clothes for a reason. He would have been dressed week 1 and 2, if the coaches thought EJ was competent enough and a better fit to backup TT.

The only explanation is that Cassel demanded this and wanted out.

@ChrisTrapasso: Rate it how you will: #Bills traded a 5th and 7th to #Vikings for Matt Cassel and a 6th. Then traded him to #Cowboys for a 5th.

Bills come out getting a 6th in exchange for a 7th

And of course the added insurance of an extra option all offseason