Oh the Poor Deer

Chef Jim

I visit a neighborhood blog called Nextdoor every now and then. Someone posted this. Effing urban folks.

I live on Burdeck drive the last house on the left #2915.
For the last eight or nine days I have been watching a beautiful animal with a dangling broken leg suffer. I have called every animal-rights people you can call all of them have said "sorry we don't do Deer". I have dragged huge containers down the hill and through the fence to the deer. I am in my 70's and fell a few times and injured my self enough so I was in pain for a few days but I suceeded and got the Deer his water. It is medium size Deer. with medium size antlers. A couple of wardens from somewhere showed up on monday a week later and were very nice they climbed up a different hill and found the animal further up. . Their plan was to tranquilizer it and evaluate the leg damage.And if they were satisfied the Deer was not looking as he might, then they would euthanize the poor thing. Sounds cold but could be a long horrible painful death if they did not do that. They returned back about 15 minutes later and said they could do nothing as it was too close to the freeway Btw they cut all my trees down a couple of weeks ago, which is why the DEER got injured in the meantime. As they left they said I was to call them if the deer returned to its original position. Since then a neighbor Bruce helped me and I have been doing it since then with the water. TODAY my friend and MTSELF tried to bring up 2 falls of water but I slid down once and we could not really succeed.There is another way to get up there and I need help getting up there. I am suffering with a lung decease so I run out of oxygen really fast. Would anyone be willing to drag some water up there to help this poor animal?

The responses to this were pathetically sad. I so wanted to post: "I have a glock and a meat grinder." And then give them each a sausage and say "remember that deer you let suffer? He's yummy now." :rolleyes:

To be honest, it isn't often that I get to say this....

I THINK I'M THE GUY FOR THE JOB!!!!

I own about 8 different styles of killing implement, so based on her preference, I could make this happen! Much like Jim, I have all the required tools to make a damn fine meal!

Tools alone don't make for a damn fine meal. :D

We were in Bavaria, Germany, a couple of years ago. Most of the houses are decorated with all kinds of flower boxes and planted flowers. I asked how they keep the deer away? Simple answer..."We shoot them!"

The Germans love to hike, and there are a lot of sausage stands around. They buy a sausage, or two, hike into the Alps, and that's their lunch. Much of the sausage is venison. Come to think of it, I never saw a dead deer by the side of the road, while I was there.