Cancel your tickets?? Carefull

Good for TB. This is similar to the people who join the military get training in computers, flight, etc... and then whine when they have to go to war. These folks want good seats, but don't want to support the team in down years, after they had good seats in the good years. Well F'em, I hope the team wins.

Well, if you sign a contract that promises you will pay money, then say you're not going to honor that contract, the person expecting that money does have the right to sue. In your line of work, just imagine if you got a high paying job, and after you got the old roof torn off, the owner said he wasn't going to pay for anything else and take his chances on finding someone cheaper.

Granted, myself, I would not sign a 10 year contract for my seats, simply because who knows what will happen 10 years from now. I could be in a lower paying job, or even out of the area.

Granted, myself, I would not sign a 10 year contract for my seats, simply because who knows what will happen 10 years from now. I could be in a lower paying job, or even out of the area.

238421[/snapback]

Exactly.

This is a pretty serious investment we're talking about here. You would THINK the guy would actually read it. But noooo, now his team blows, and he doesn't want to pay as much. Well, too bad.

I also hope the Bucs win this.

This is just like the conversation we were having the other day with some guy bitching that he couldn't find a decent job, and he said corporate America should "make" more high paying jobs.

Both arguments come down to the same thing: personal accountability. The guy didn't read the contract. Should have.

And the only real argument anyone has is that the Bucs organization is a multi-hundred-million dollar business. Does that mean they should never sue the little guy?

How much does your company have to be worth before you can't sue to get what is rightfully yours?

I went back and read the article to make sure I'm getting this opinion correct. It seems that the Bucs are only letting them know that they can sue. I think, from reading the article again, that if they can re-sell his seats to someone else, they won't sue.

Well, if you sign a contract that promises you will pay money, then say you're not going to honor that contract, the person expecting that money does have the right to sue. In your line of work, just imagine if you got a high paying job, and after you got the old roof torn off, the owner said he wasn't going to pay for anything else and take his chances on finding someone cheaper.

The guy gave his WORD and is backing out, so his WORD has no value. (Sounds like a former bills player) Just imagine a high paying job???? I don't have to, but I work hard for it.

But but but but...they only gave me 30 minutes to decide, so I decided to sign it without understanding what I was doing.  dumbass! ;)

238441[/snapback]

Exactly.

When I bought my car, I financed through the dealership (because they beat the credit union rates). Anyway, they hand me the paperwork to sign, and I sat there and read all of the fine print. I could tell the guy was getting impatient, as he mentioned several times that it's just boilerplate stuff. At one point I looked up and said, "Wow, did you know that I can't legally drive the car into Canada until it's paid off? This says the vehicle can't leave the country." He was taken aback and said that he never knew that before. Seems nobody (including him) had ever actually read it... Weird...

I never sign anything without reading; annoys a lot of people.

CW

Exactly.

When I bought my car, I financed through the dealership (because they beat the credit union rates).  Anyway, they hand me the paperwork to sign, and I sat there and read all of the fine print.  I could tell the guy was getting impatient, as he mentioned several times that it's just boilerplate stuff.  At one point I looked up and said, "Wow, did you know that I can't legally drive the car into Canada until it's paid off?  This says the vehicle can't leave the country."  He was taken aback and said that he never knew that before.  Seems nobody (including him) had ever actually read it...  Weird...

I never sign anything without reading; annoys a lot of people.

CW

238480[/snapback]

Car sales people love me. I can buy a car in under 30 minutes, and that includes the test drive. I'm not saying I get a good deal, just that I can get the deal done. Next car I buy, I'm having someone else get it for me.

Car sales people love me

I'm not saying I get a good deal, just that I can get the deal done.

And that's why they love ya :blink:

Although it only took an hour or so for mine; I did the negotiating through email and it only took 2-3 rounds of messages. Worked well for me. Buying my wife's car last year was even easier -- the dealership gave us a better deal than any of the websites (edmunds, cars, etc) said we'd get, so it only took one message saying "I'm interested," they gave me the price, I said "Sold!" ;)

CW

While he should have read the contract I'm with the fan on this one. He says he still wants to go to Bucs games but he would rather get into the general seating area. 700 dollars for one game is a little on the ridiculous side. Maybe he has run into some financial difficulties? No one that read that article knows for sure what the entire situation is, but I can say from the information given in that article that the Tampa Bay Bucs are not a good organization to be a fan of.

While he should have read the contract I'm with the fan on this one.  He says he still wants to go to Bucs games but he would rather get into the general seating area.  700 dollars for one game is a little on the ridiculous side.  Maybe he has run into some financial difficulties?  No one that read that article knows for sure what the entire situation is, but I can say from the information given in that article that the Tampa Bay Bucs are not a good organization to be a fan of.

238503[/snapback]

???

If you buy a BMW with 4 year financing and then in year 2 you decide you still like to drive but you'd rather drive a Honda, are you saying you should be allowed to tell the car dealership you don't want to pay for the rest of the BMW?

YOU are accountable for your actions. If you can't afford to pay for something, then don't buy it.

Maybe he has run into some financial difficulties?

238503[/snapback]

And his financial trouble is The Buc's problem how?

Don't sign a 10 year contract unless your sure you'll be able to follow through with it.

Most contracts don't have a clause that says "contract valid unless you come into some financial trouble, then we'll just let you out and call it even - hey sh-- happens"

The reason The Bucs will look bad here is because they are a such a huge financial being. Does that not still give them the right to sue?

Like I mentioned above, what is the level of wealth one can reach before it becomes a faux pas to sue someone?