Hedge Fund Manager raises price of HIV drug 5000%

Maybe we should appoint a federal government czar to stand at the top of the capital building and pass judgement on every person involved with health care. He could make a list, he should check it twice so he doesn't get sued for slander, and he can tell everyone who is naughty and who is nice. Then we could have a unicorn fart rainbows in the direction of the nice people. I don't know what to do about the meanies. I'd say give them a lump of coal in their sock but they would probably burn it to keep warm and excalibrate the global warming issue.

typical confused conservative. the incentive for the excrement people is big money. remove that incentive. they go away. it's that simple.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

typical confused conservative. the incentive for the excrement people is big money. remove that incentive. they go away. it's that simple.

And so does all the money.....for everything....but you still have the excrement. So have fun wallowing in poop like every single place in the history of the world that has put the government in charge.

IF we proceed: It will literally be fee for specific, granular service and granular material consumption. It will be literally: variable cost(time + materials) + admin overhead + profit = fee, and everyone will be able to see both the components and the result of that equation in real time.

Do we saddle all industries with this equation or just health care? Can we start with technology consultants providing services to health care?

Maybe we should appoint a federal government czar to stand at the top of the capital building and pass judgement on every person involved with health care. He could make a list, he should check it twice so he doesn't get sued for slander, and he can tell everyone who is naughty and who is nice. Then we could have a unicorn fart rainbows in the direction of the nice people. I don't know what to do about the meanies. I'd say give them a lump of coal in their sock but they would probably burn it to keep warm and excalibrate the global warming issue.

Why bring DungeonMasters into the equation? You are just exacerbating the situation.

wow. it's scary that presumably grown men actually pick up on such a reference...

Well, to be honest, not believing "excalibrate" was a word I googled it to gain that reference point. You, on the other hand would appear to already have known all about it.

Well, to be honest, not believing "excalibrate" was a word I googled it to gain that reference point. You, on the other hand would appear to already have known all about it.

no, you edumacated me on that one. the closest to role playing games I've ever engaged in is risk. old school but still a good family game for a group that has tendencies towards domination.

I am happily unaware of any games geeks play but am a student of history. Excalibur was the name of a sword that King Arthur pulled from a stone. A sword is, of course, a weapon. When there is a tense situation it can be subject to getting worse. Exacalibrate is a word used to mean making a situation go from bad to worse. It is a combination of Excalibur and calibrate, which is latin meaning balance. It is used when things are thrown out of balance and spin out of control.

I am happily unaware of any games geeks play but am a student of history. Excalibur was the name of a sword that King Arthur pulled from a stone. A sword is, of course, a weapon. When there is a tense situation it can be subject to getting worse. Exacalibrate is a word used to mean making a situation go from bad to worse. It is a combination of Excalibur and calibrate, which is latin meaning balance. It is used when things are thrown out of balance and spin out of control.

Nice try pulling that one out of your ass, but I'm afraid you are exacerbating the situation by using the definition of exacerbate for your new made-up word excalibrate.

no, you edumacated me on that one. the closest to role playing games I've ever engaged in is risk. old school but still a good family game for a group that has tendencies towards domination.

I hated Risk. It didn't take too long for everyone to figure out that they had to gang up on me and knock me out of the game. I was just too damn good a strategist.

so two drug reps show up yesterday peddling this: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/08/28/cholesterol/71284944/. besides it costing $14000/year, they lied to me about a study that they felt supports it use. fortunately, i was familiar with it and, um, set them straight.

but there's absolutely no outcomes data on this product. no direct evidence it accomplishes what we want cholesterol drugs to accomplish -lower stroke and heart risk- and yet it's approved and if widely used could cost the system billions! the FDA and big pharma are out of control. and we're all paying through the nose for it. a national discussion needs to be started and the prez debates seem a good place to start. i can guess what the dems will say but what will the republican candidates say?

Nice try pulling that one out of your ass, but I'm afraid you are exacerbating the situation by using the definition of exacerbate for your new made-up word excalibrate.

I don't know what your stupid word means but I explained the roots and definition of excalibrate. Sometimes more than one word can have the same meaning. This is known as being pseudonyms.

I hated Risk. It didn't take too long for everyone to figure out that they had to gang up on me and knock me out of the game. I was just too damn good a strategist.

Sort of like how all you 5th graders try and gang up on me here. And I still beat you! B-)

• 2 months later...