I am evil and sinister

Beerball

"We can't understand why everyone's always picking on us and calling us ignorant hicks."

-- Okies

"Sinister" is Latin, and took on the meaning of "unlucky" or "evil" in the early Christian era. Until then, it simply meant..."left."

So left-handed people are literally sinister. You ignorant hick.

My father is left handed. Had a nun in 3rd grade who forced all the left handed kids to sit on the left side of the classroom, so that their elbows would hit the wall, and it would discourage them from doing so.

My older sister is left handed. We were an extended family growing up... My grandfather and uncle living w/us, my parents, and us four children... So when all 8 of us ate dinner @ the table we stuck my sister on the end of the table to the left so she wouldn't bump elbows with the rest of the us righties.

LoL... Nowadays, she'd probably lawyer up and take us all to court.

I write, eat and shoot a gun left handed....everything else is righty. Damn 3 ring binders and spiral notebooks were tough to use back in school, not to mention that most of the fold down desks were designed for students that were right handed.

I still hate getting ink smudges on my left hand while writing

CBF

"Sinister" is Latin, and took on the meaning of "unlucky" or "evil" in the early Christian era. Until then, it simply meant..."left."

So left-handed people are literally sinister. You ignorant hick.

I knew the etymology of "sinister". Duh.

Fortunately many of the 50 states are no longer living in the early Christian era, hence we no longer call children evil based on their handedness.

Children are evil based on their other behaviors.

You idiot.

(PS, I am dexterous.)

Edited by Jon in Pasadena

I knew the etymology of "sinister". Duh.

Fortunately many of the 50 states are no longer living in the early Christian era, hence we no longer call children evil based on their handedness.

Children are evil based on their other behaviors.

You idiot.

(PS, I am dexterous.)

But we CAN call them sinister, since it's literally true.

My father is left handed. Had a nun in 3rd grade who forced all the left handed kids to sit on the left side of the classroom, so that their elbows would hit the wall, and it would discourage them from doing so.

Wasn't that about the same time that all the women were working in the munitions plant for the war effort?