Moulds Likes JP over Bledsoe

plenzmd1

Just my take, but you know the Bills had to tell Eric what their plans were at the QB position for this year. AS someone mentioned, moulds is not taking a pay cut this year, however he is essentially taking away any ability to be a FA worth any kind of significant contract once this new deal is finished.

That being said, if he did not restructure, there is a good chance he may have been released and have then been free to go to any team of his choosing. I would think if the story is accurate that DRew is done and JP will start, that if Eric had no faith in JP this restructuring would never have occured. As a previous thread mentioned, I think all of us are clueless as it pertains to JP as we have not seen enough of him. However, I think Eric restructing sure means he has confidence that JP is the man and can get us to the playoffs next year.

His coming out party started with a mobile QB under center.

238350[/snapback]

good point! mobile QBs "should" help all WRs b/c they buy extra time to get separation. the key is finding a mobile QB who can also stay in the pocket and execute the plays as drawn up when the protection is there.

His coming out party started with a mobile QB under center.

238350[/snapback]

That's true. Rob Johnson was a pretty mobile QB, his other faults notwithstanding.

What? You don't remember the bomb RJ threw to Moulds in the San Francisco game to jumpstart not only Moulds' career but the entire 1998 season?

good point!  mobile QBs "should" help all WRs b/c they buy extra time to get separation.  the key is finding a mobile QB who can also stay in the pocket and execute the plays as drawn up when the protection is there.

238369[/snapback]

Ask the Atlanta WR's what they think of their mobile Qb. They hate him. Once he get's mobile he forgets to look for his receivers and is just interested in being an "athlete" and running back. A mobile Qb is actually usually very bad for a WR.

Or perhaps he's tired or having a twelve year veteran with:

no fire

no pocket presence

no mobility

Or could it be that he's sick of:

seeing the ball thrown behind him

seeing the ball thrown to spots that will likely get him killed if he goes up for it

seeing the qb sacked while he stands in middle of the field with no one

within ten yards of him

Ask the Atlanta WR's what they think of their mobile Qb.  They hate him.  Once he get's mobile he forgets to look for his receivers and is just interested in being an "athlete" and running back.  A mobile Qb is actually usually very bad for a WR.

238387[/snapback]

did you even read the quote you replied to? ;)

I did.  I was adding some facts to your premise.

238405[/snapback]

you call those facts? is it a "fact" that the atlanta receivers "hate" michael vick? what you added was your opinion -- an opinion fueled by an agenda that your "insider NFL source" planted in your head.

the "fact" is that a mobile QB who understands how to play the position can only be an asset to the entire offense, including receivers, by buying extra time when protection breaks down.

you call those facts?  is it a "fact" that the atlanta receivers "hate" michael vick?  what you added was your opinion -- an opinion fueled by an agenda that your "insider NFL source" planted in your head.

the "fact" is that a mobile QB who understands how to play the position can only be an asset to the entire offense, including receivers, by buying extra time when protection breaks down.

238418[/snapback]

This has been written up in numerous articles that the WR's blame Vick for a lot of the failures in their passing game. I agree a "mobile" QB can help, but not if when they become mobile it is to run only.