QB quality backups??

col_forbin

But, with a seasoned veteran this is going to be much easier. I'd like to see them get someone as early as possible. But, what is wrong with holding out a few months to save a few bucks, having Shane be the number 2 until then and then in May or June seeing what is left on the cheap for veterans.

238371[/snapback]

Unless Shane decides to unretire it's not a possibility. He has already said he is retiring.

Here, Here. Although he might would be a better choice for #3.

238378[/snapback]

Typically your #3 QB is a developmont project for the future. What future does Travis Brown have? He has been here for the last 50 training camps and never showed squat.

Turn the page on DB and Travis too!

I know this wont be a popular choice here, but I wouldn't mind seeing Jay Fiedler picked up as #2. Here's why -

1) He's a veteran QB, with experience in the AFC East.

2) I think at this point he knows he's not going to be starter, so may be conducive to a backup role.

3) He's not strong-armed, but he knows how to manage a game (and he's an ivy-leaguer - thats gotta count for something ;) ).

4) He's mobile enough. He's no Vick, but he's certainly no Drew either.

5) He's likely gonna get cut, and will probably get little to no interest, so he may come cheap.

If not him, then maybe a Charlie Batch (familiarity with MM's system, starting experience, mobile and strong arm).

My 2 pennies.

Brad Johnson will turn 37 the 2nd week in September.  I am pretty sure he realizes his starting days are over except in the case where an injury occurs.

238370[/snapback]

it has been widely rumoured that ARZ will have interest in johnson when he is released.........think about it, which situation is more appealing to him??......they can offer him a chance to start and it will reunite him with denny green (who he played for in MIN).........we would offer him no chance to start and likely less money.......

i don't think it would be a tough decision for him at all.......

Typically your #3 QB is a develpmont project for the future.  What future does Travis Brown have?  He has been here for the last 50 training camps and never showed squat.

Turn the page on DB and Travis too!

238383[/snapback]

What good would a develpmont project do with a second year QB??

What good would a develpmont project do with a second year QB??

238395[/snapback]

Losman #1

Experienced vet QB #2

Rookie or 1st or 2nd year QB #3

You never know when you may find a diamond in the rough. Maybe he turns out to be decent enough to step into the #2 role in a year or two. I would rather do that then bring back Travis Brown for another training camp.

I wouldn't mind an experienced vet coming it as backup. It is in my opinion something that NEEDS to happen. With that said however I do not want a guy in here who has been a successful starter in the past. YOU ALL KNOW fans will start screaming for a change is JP puts together a couple of rough games, which he will. QB controversy is bad enough without a guy who has a ring, B Johnson or Warner on the bench.

I wouldn't mind an experienced vet coming it as backup. It is in my opinion something that NEEDS to happen. With that said however I do not want a guy in here who has been a successful starter in the past. YOU ALL KNOW fans will start screaming for a change is JP puts together a couple of rough games, which he will. QB controversy is bad enough without a guy who has a ring, B Johnson or Warner on the bench.

238408[/snapback]

God forbid we want someone you has proven he is a winner. I much prefer the guy who had career 4-7 marks at Tulane, than someone who has a super bowl ring.

God forbid we want someone you has proven he is a winner.  I much prefer the guy who had career 4-7 marks at Tulane, than someone who has a super bowl ring.

238410[/snapback]

Well golly VABills, normally I would agree with you except "Bills fans" just finished running that guy out of town. ;)

Give me a Charlie Batch or a Shane Matthews.