Kromer and our Oline situation

Uffalo Ills

While I know that our defense was the worst part of the team yesterday, the oline didn't look to hot either (8 sacks and poor showing on passing downs, also breakdowns on some rushing plays later on in the half). I also realize that the pats********* were showing up with 8 man fronts after the first few drives but honestly their play was atrocious anyway. If I'm not mistaken kromer is suspended for another 4 games, but I'm wondering if anyone thinks his presence in games could make this unit look as good as it did during the preseason. Hopefully so.

Go Bills!

Edited by Uffalo Ills

Possibly. I don't think the line was as bad as everyone was making them out to be. Tyrod hung onto the ball much longer yesterday than the week before and the run game looked better this week. Room for improvement, of course, but I thought they were OK. I know PFF isn't everyone's bag, but they did grade Richie, Wood and Glenn our three best players yesterday.

While I know that our defense was the worst part of the team yesterday, the oline didn't look to hot either (8 sacks and poor showing on passing downs, also breakdowns on some rushing plays later on in the half). I also realize that the pats********* were showing up with 8 man fronts after the first few drives but honestly their play was atrocious anyway. If I'm not mistaken kromer is suspended for another 4 games, but I'm wondering if anyone thinks his presence in games could make this unit look as good as it did during the preseason. Hopefully so.

Go Bills!

No. Kromer can't make them block.

Kromerica worked with the line a lot in camp, and I'm sure he's still reviewing film and providing suggestions off the books, he just cant attend practices or games.

don't think coaching is our issue, but it will be good to have him back on the practice field and the film room with the guys.

Lots of people are ragging on the o-line but I thought they were decent yesterday. Tyrod had time to throw, but often he held the ball too long or couldn't make the reads. Those sacks were on Tyrod as much as on the o-line.

Am I the only one not throwing the D under the bus yesterday. While I don't give them a free pass, we turned the ball over 3 times and went 3 and out 5 times in a row at one point on the other side of the ball. Historically you give Brady 3 extra possessions he's going to tear you apart and hang 500 yards on you.

I was more upset with offensive play than defensive play yesterday.

Am I the only one not throwing the D under the bus yesterday. While I don't give them a free pass, we turned the ball over 3 times and went 3 and out 5 times in a row at one point on the other side of the ball. Historically you give Brady 3 extra possessions he's going to tear you apart and hang 500 yards on you.

TT was awful when they stacked the box, but the D needs to be able to abuse an O line w/ an undrafted rookie center. No excuse for the defensive line play.

Completely agree and mentioned it in Bill from NYC thread.

Tyrod was extremely slow in his decision making and it resulted in sacks and negative plays. On top of that he was first read and if that wasn't there he would either check down or scramble. This needs to improve.

I would have loved to see him check down or scramble. How it looked to me was after his first read he would think about scrambling but then stop and look around more and then would take the sack.

The offensive line looked just fine to me. At the end of the day there isn't an offensive line in the NFL that's going to give someone the amount of time that Taylor was using to make decisions. 3.5-3.0 seconds is generally the guideline of what a quarterback is shooting for. Yesterday, TT was WAY beyond that. You could see him just getting completely lost with what was going on. Hopefully it's the exception and he'll improve, but I wouldn't say by any stretch that we have a "situation" with the offensive line.

Go Bills!

i believe kromer's suspension is 6 games, not 4

Valid points but you said it, they still let over 500 yards of offence. Regardless if the bills gave them extra possessions or not that is an eye opening number. But you are correct, against brady you can't go three and out multiple times in a row

No. Kromer can't make them block.

Dont tell Kromer what he can and cannot do!

Possibly. I don't think the line was as bad as everyone was making them out to be. Tyrod hung onto the ball much longer yesterday than the week before and the run game looked better this week. Room for improvement, of course, but I thought they were OK. I know PFF isn't everyone's bag, but they did grade Richie, Wood and Glenn our three best players yesterday.

This

Lots of people are ragging on the o-line but I thought they were decent yesterday. Tyrod had time to throw, but often he held the ball too long or couldn't make the reads. Those sacks were on Tyrod as much as on the o-line.

and this

The offensive line looked just fine to me. At the end of the day there isn't an offensive line in the NFL that's going to give someone the amount of time that Taylor was using to make decisions. 3.5-3.0 seconds is generally the guideline of what a quarterback is shooting for. Yesterday, TT was WAY beyond that. You could see him just getting completely lost with what was going on. Hopefully it's the exception and he'll improve, but I wouldn't say by any stretch that we have a "situation" with the offensive line.

not sure about this. plenty of mistakes. saw Richie look to Wood with a wtf where you thinking dude?

Bellicheat pulled off some exotic looks and pressures himself. Hopefully this inspires Greg Roman to incorporate some of the 2 step game for situations where the pass protection is evidently not going to be great.

good eye. TT is going to have some trust some timing throws. and the pocket did collapse nicely once or twice, as it should.

Trust is not given but earned

The !@#$ing Pats**** have been playing in the same system for over a decade. You pissant hand wringing wannabe Geneal Managers don't have a clue if you're so myopic that a single loss makes you want to blow the whole !@#$ing thing up and start over... AGAIN! :wallbash:

Agree, Tyrod looked half overwhelmed out there. The line allowed both Shady and KW to have over 5 ypc. It couldn't have been too bad, particularly given the heavy fronts of the Pat D.

I'm down on Roman who can't seem to understand that if you don't go deep every so often they stuff the box and life becomes twice as difficult as it already is.

TT was awful when they stacked the box, but the D needs to be able to abuse an O line w/ an undrafted rookie center. No excuse for the defensive line play.

And a rookie G too, the G that we should have taken instead of Miller.