McCoy left today's practice with tight hamstring...Uh Oh

Big Turk

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, because here's what it did -- it allowed the Bills to move on from CJ Spiller. Even if McCoy is limited by the hammy for a bit he's a better and tougher player than CJ.

Give up a good or very good LB that has 2 cheap years left.

Get the privilege to pay huge dollars for a aging RB for the next several years, who said he didnt want to come here and trashed his old coach.

Time will tell..

Get the privilege to pay huge dollars for a aging RB for the next several years, who said he didnt want to come here and trashed his old coach.

Time will tell..

I agree! And I'll bet he won't make it for the whole season.... :censored:

Edited by fbzh2

Here's my question about a pulled hammy. By being pulled (or sprained/strained) does playing on it increase the chance of it getting worse? Or does it just risk it not healing as fast?

I pulled a hamstring some years ago, and it was a bad pull. I couldn't 'push off' the leg to do sprints for five months.

Time will tell..

aren't we all aging?

Who cares?

@TyDunne: New at the BN Blog: #Bills RB coach Lynn on LeSean McCoy's health & Karlos Williams' role... http://t.co/r4HwQTPJzchttp://t.co/bRPDxNHhBJ

@TyDunne: #Bills Lynn on McCoy: "When we get him going, we know what he can do. ... Its still a little sore, but hell be fine.

@TyDunne: Looking back, Lynn admits #Bills probably played McCoy 10 snaps too many. He also assures Karlos Williams will have a role in the offense.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just shut him down, let him truly heal, and place your trust in Karlos Williams. He is more of a downhill runner like Dixon to run behind Felton. McCoy is amazing in space and needs healthy legs.

I'd rather lose him for a week or 2 and come back 100%. This stuff about how old he is nuts. He's only 27. He'll be fine.

Time will tell..

Boo! Get an impact player who is 27 for a player coming off a missed season with an ACL? This trade could certainly go either way, and you are right that time will tell, but we got talent on a discount because Chip Kelly wants to run every aspect of his show.

As for the aging, we are all aging, but at 27 Thurman had the most carries of his career followed by three more 1000+ seasons in a row. Faulk went over 2000 yards from scrimmage at 27 and 28.

I'm not betting on 30 year old Shady to be an impact player, but I'm excited about 27 year old Shady playing for us this year, and 28 year old Shady playing for us next year. If his total carries go down as part of a combo with Karlos, his production and longevity might both go up as a result.

Pats Defensive line is not the same with the loss of Vince Wilfork in the middle. Williams has the perfect north south running style to attack this front. Shady is more of a scat back. I believe Patriots dlineman Dominique Easley is still out with an injury suffered in week one. Could be a lot of potential running opportunities this weekend. Boobie could also factor in.

DuffkinLostOnChippewa, on 17 Sept 2015 - 2:49 PM, said:snapback.png

Karlos, is that you?

Nah man...I am Carlos Williams

Oh, hey, man, Carlos, that's different then!

KW definitely impressed in the game last week. Hit the holes hard, hit the holes when there weren't any holes to hit. He can be a special player, no doubt.

One of the things I loved in my dissection of Andy Gresh show, was that chap Jeff Howe expressing that well, the Pats got gouged on the run 'cuz they were trying to shut down the Stillers passing game. This just in: didn't work, Big Ben hung 351 yds on them, 68% completions?

I would love it if KW gashed the Pats up big-time and you know, if McCoy isn't 100%, let him heal. My only worry is our O-line. It's hard to rush for 1st and 20.

Just shut him down, let him truly heal, and place your trust in Karlos Williams. He is more of a downhill runner like Dixon to run behind Felton. McCoy is amazing in space and needs healthy legs.

I'd rather lose him for a week or 2 and come back 100%. This stuff about how old he is nuts. He's only 27. He'll be fine.

This. I know there's some smokescreen stuff going on, but I'd much rather have no Shady this week and let him finish healing, than 75% way healthy for 6 games then reinjured.

lol. Yeah he said someone decided to run with saying he left early ( and then every media outlet ran with the same thing because Twitter) and that was not the case. He never stopped practicing, they just pulled it back a little at the end.

"Shady" "Sup Coach?" "Shaddddup with this never stopped practicing. You quit early. Too sore. Get my facts about your hammy straight." "But..." "Shadddup, it's New England" "Right, got it"

I agree! And I'll bet he won't make it for the whole season.... :censored:

lets hope to be wrong

#unsure

But those Tyrod passes to him were a thing of natural beauty. McCoy is one hell of a skill player.

Go! Go!

Karlos m"y ding ding hirts " Williams

Boobie and Felton all day FTW