Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DarrenDreger

Dreger Report: why the Leafs are an unlikely free agent choice for Stamkos. http://www.tsn.ca/1.437040

@BillHoppeNHL

Quick story on the #Sabres' anger over Radko Gudas' hit, the coming recall & lineup changes http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-unhappy-with-flyers-radko-gudas-dan-catenacci-out/

"That guy’s an idiot."

He must like scoring goals in practice because the only thing crappier than our goalie is actual crap. And it's close.

What did you have to say when Lehner's play was stellar for several games?

What did you have to say when Lehner's play was stellar for several games?

i don't get to watch all the games but I did look in last night. The dude simply cannot have games like that.....ever....and be considered an NHL caliber goalie. He practically skated away to give the guy the entire net on the 4th goal. If he was stellar in other games then maybe he was out drinking before last night's game or something. An off night is one thing but geez. It is hard to imagine that guy being good.

I'm not saying they can't go out and find a goalie somewhere and I'm not really hung up on the fact that they traded a #1 for him. I know draft picks don't come with warranties. I'm just saying they need to prioritize goalie and perhaps the GM should realize it might not be within his skill set to do so and go get outside advice.

@JoeYerdon

At The Rink: Catenacci out for the #Sabres; Byron maybe in for the #Habs - get a look. #MTLvsBUF https://www.nhl.com/news/montreal-canadiens-buffalo-sabres-preview/c-278685442?tid=278476550

@BuffaloSabres

It's game day. Coach Bylsma's pregame comments: http://bufsabres.co/6GDpMJ

#MTLvsBUF

i don't get to watch all the games but I did look in last night. The dude simply cannot have games like that.....ever....and be considered an NHL caliber goalie. He practically skated away to give the guy the entire net on the 4th goal. If he was stellar in other games then maybe he was out drinking before last night's game or something. An off night is one thing but geez. It is hard to imagine that guy being good.

I'm not saying they can't go out and find a goalie somewhere and I'm not really hung up on the fact that they traded a #1 for him. I know draft picks don't come with warranties. I'm just saying they need to prioritize goalie and perhaps the GM should realize it might not be within his skill set to do so and go get outside advice.

Couldn't disagree any more. I've seen some of the best ever to play have nights just like that.

Radko Gudas won't be suspended for hit on David Catenacci, but he should be

The NHL got this one wrong. Or maybe the rulebook gets it wrong. Either way, these are bad hits that we should remove from the game.

We don't know the NHL's reasoning behind not suspending Gudas, but we are guessing that it has something to do with the crouched, vulnerable position that Catenacci was in. He's ducking, and his head is down, and it is indeed true that Gudas would not have hit him in the head had he been upright.

But I don't think that should apply in this case, to be honest. Gudas is a guy who is known to play on the edge, and he has certainly leveled his fair share of borderline hits in the past -- even in just the one year he's been a Flyer. This one was over the line for several reasons.

This Flyers' SBNation piece has it right!

@BillHoppeNHL

Quick story on the #Sabres' anger over Radko Gudas' hit, the coming recall & lineup changes http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-unhappy-with-flyers-radko-gudas-dan-catenacci-out/

"That guy’s an idiot."

Then do something about it Sabres. Foligno saying me and Nicky not on ice or else....they should have been out for next shift and just took on whoever was in front of them...i know so many think that's thuggery and neanderthal hockey, but damn that dude is a menace on the ice and constantly puts guys at career risk with his predatory and risky hits. We have seen the NHL will do nothing about it. This worries me in the same vein as the Lucic hit.

Radko Gudas won't be suspended for hit on David Catenacci, but he should be

This Flyers' SBNation piece has it right!

again, why the Sabres needed to make his teammates pay for his actions last night. Only way to stop this moron from putting other players careers at risk.

do it pegs. Why are Gionta and moulson still on this team? Get rid of their contracts and sign stamkos.

if it were that easy!!1 Think if you really want Stamkos somehow you need to get out of the following contracts

Bogo

Ennis

Moulson

Moulson bought out pretty easy...what to do with the two others though?

and then somehow have a backdoor arrangments with Sam and Jack on bridge contracts after next year.

I cant see it happening

if it were that easy!!1 Think if you really want Stamkos somehow you need to get out of the following contracts

Bogo

Ennis

Moulson

Moulson bought out pretty easy...what to do with the two others though?

and then somehow have a backdoor arrangments with Sam and Jack on bridge contracts after next year.

I cant see it happening

draft a defenseman in 1st round, trade Bogo and cut Moulson. Would love to keep Ennis somehow.

draft a defenseman in 1st round, trade Bogo and cut Moulson. Would love to keep Ennis somehow.

First off, this is our year to be lucky and we getting Mathews!

No one is taking Bogo and that $5.4M ... Yep $5.4 for him. You could not give him away with that number unless someone needs to get to floor I guess