Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

@BuffaloSabres

Led by Reinhart's 1st career @NHL hat trick, that win is the Sabres' 1st in Winnipeg since Feb. 10, 1993. #BUFvsWPG

CYZNZ5kWAAAW3Hy.jpg

CYZfpsVWsAAqTJp.jpg

Coach Bylsma: We've been scratching & clawing for a win. Today we get the 2 points. More: http://bufsabres.co/MLLt75

CYZlfi8WMAAiFsH.jpg

@AP_Sports

Sam Reinhart had a hat trick and Evander Kane got the last laugh for #Sabres: http://apne.ws/1ZVzea7

CYZss7hW8AAljmN.jpg

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kane had some serious poetic justice at the end of the game. Make the ultimate team first play to give Samson the empty net hatty. That must drive those classy jets fans crazy.

I do like their fans... Best fans in sport in my mind.

That being said, what a fun game to watch after the two football games were over. Great for Kane!

hb9K6ARm_200x200.jpgVS. ByOQijVT_200x200.jpg

SABRES (16-22-4) at WILD (22-12-8)

TUE JAN 12, 2015 @ 8:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/BELL TV

NHL.com Game Preview: Sabres defenseman McCabe could play against Wild

Season series: The Minnesota Wild swept two games from the Buffalo Sabres last season, including a 6-3 victory at Xcel Energy Center on Nov. 13, 2014. Former Sabres forward Jason Pominville led the Wild with four assists. Forward Zemgus Girgensons had a goal and an assist for the Sabres.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 189)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 42 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Dec. 31; injured reserve) – 5 games
Nicolas Deslauriers (lower body, Jan. 5; injured reserve) – 3 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
1/6: Activated G Robin Lehner from IR; Assigned Lehner to Rochester for a conditioning stint (AHL)
1/7: Activated D Mark Pysyk from IR; Assigned Pysyk to Rochester for a conditioning stint (AHL)
1/11: Recalled D Mark Pysyk from conditioning stint in Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Friday, Jan. 15: Boston at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 16: Washington at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, Jan. 18: Buffalo at Arizona, 9 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 20: Buffalo at Colorado, 10 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 22: Detroit at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at WILD
This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Wild this season.
Next meeting: Saturday, March 5 in Buffalo
Last meeting: Minnesota defeated Buffalo, 7-0, in Buffalo on Jan. 15, 2015
The Sabres are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Wild; 5-3-0 in eight road games.
This is the 17th game all-time between Buffalo and Minnesota; Buffalo has a 7-9-0 series record.
The Sabres are 5-3-0 on the road against the Wild all-time.

@BuffaloSabres

Coach Bylsma talks #analytics & how Pysyk's return could impact puck possession: http://bufsabres.co/7Mz0qS

CYeNwGZW8AAeyeg.png

In today's #Sabres in :90, @duffersabres chats about #23 with his teammates: http://bufsabres.co/vNepaS

CYeU330WQAE06qE.png

Mark Pysyk has joined the team in Minnesota. He spoke with the media this afternoon: http://bufsabres.co/K1u4PM

CYeXrOhWcAIntQp.png

Welcome sight: Jake McCabe was on the ice today after missing the end of last game. Update: http://bufsabres.co/7vA7kM

CYeeapVUwAAsWws.jpg

Game Notes NHL Stats

@CraigJButton

New Year, new Craig's List. http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-can-t-go-wrong-with-puljujarvi-laine-1.421415

@TSN_Sports @TSNHockey

Auston Matthews remains the top prospect in the New Year’s edition of Craig’s List. While it can be argued that Finnish wingers Jesse Puljujarvi and Patrik Laine were not only Finland’s best players at the World Junior Hockey Championships but also the best players of the entire tourney, Matthews is a dominant centre and that position will always get the edge from me when it’s close.

nice win last night...some puck luck never hurts.Wonder what GMTM going to with McGinn. Like the guy, but UFA., wonder if someone would give a top 4 D prospect for him.

Why not just sign the guy? He's only 27 and seems like the right kind of supporting cast player that they will need moving forward.

Why not just sign the guy? He's only 27 and seems like the right kind of supporting cast player that they will need moving forward.

I would be all for that...but think that would need to be done before the trade deadline. I would like him to stay, but I am sure that if GMTM is getting the hint he either wants to much or wants to move to another team....he gots to be traded

nice win last night...some puck luck never hurts.Wonder what GMTM going to with McGinn. Like the guy, but UFA., wonder if someone would give a top 4 D prospect for him.

I like him, but I think he'll be traded. If they want him back in the off season, they will pursue him, as they did with Moulson.

Very nice game yesterday, Ristolainen was a beast and played with an edge. The young core of this team is very good, Murray has done a great job thus far IMO. They may not be winning much yet, but the product is so much better. He still has a few more moves to make to get this team in the upper tier, but they'll get there...

I like him, but I think he'll be traded. If they want him back in the off season, they will pursue him, as they did with Moulson.

Very nice game yesterday, Ristolainen was a beast and played with an edge. The young core of this team is very good, Murray has done a great job thus far IMO. They may not be winning much yet, but the product is so much better. He still has a few more moves to make to get this team in the upper tier, but they'll get there...

The Sabres are not a prolific scoring team (to say the least). But when you watch them against good teams such as Chicago they are not over matched as they were in previous years. Compared to last year the passing is substantially better and the ability to get the puck out of their end is starkly better. How often last year did the opposing team keep the puck stuck in their own end?

The player that intrigues me the most is Kane. It's obvious that he is extremely talented. So far he hasn't smoothly meshed with his line mates but he is steadily getting better at working with them. The production potential is obvious. I see it coming.

As you noted Risto is a force on the back line. He is already a top tier defenseman in the league.

Even if the wins are not coming at the expected rate what is fun about watching the Sabres is that you can see the plan that the GM envisions and you can see it coming to fruition. There is a unity between what the GM is doing and how it is being implemented by the HC, who I like a lot. Right coach at the right time.

Never been a big Ennis fan, I hope they can swing a deal for him, Moulson, Weber, Georges and a few others that wouldn't be missed....Sabres have a lot of movable players that could add depth to a good team....

I'd be very surprised if any team takes on Moulson's contract.

yep, thats the crux...have to trade something that someone wants...

Never been a big Ennis fan, I hope they can swing a deal for him, Moulson, Weber, Georges and a few others that wouldn't be missed....Sabres have a lot of movable players that could add depth to a good team....

problem with Gorges is NMC..why he is in Buffalo and not TO