Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBJ fired Todd Richards and hired John Tortorella. They were 0-7. Thoughts?

Doesn't surprise me they fired Richards. Not that I think it's his fault, but some believed this team could be in the running for the presidents cup, and this start (even though it's incredibly early) will cause a bit of a panic. I am not a Tortorella fan, I don't think his coaching style is a good fit for C-Bus, but that 1 Stanley Cup victory on a resume sure goes a long way...

Edited by ricojes

@BuffNewsVogl

Morning matchup: Here are a few things to watch as Sabres get ready to welcome Toronto to Buffalo. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/10/21/morning-matchup-sabres-ready-to-welcome-leafs-to-buffalo/

@BuffNewsVogl

Morning matchup: Here are a few things to watch as Sabres get ready to welcome Toronto to Buffalo. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/10/21/morning-matchup-sabres-ready-to-welcome-leafs-to-buffalo/

The intensity in First Niagara Center is sure to pick up when Toronto invades Buffalo for the 100th time during the regular season. The Sabres are 66-25-8 during the first 99 games.... :thumbsup:

From Columbus-land - something had to happen. Either a trade or a coaching change. The trade side was most likely not going to happen at this time of the season as CBJ are at a point of weakness. Teams are not going throw us a life-preserver to help us - they are going to give us an anvil instead in exchange for some very promising young talent.

I hope Torts can interject some fire and some discipline into the CBJ. (Hmm - where have I heard this before.)

CBJ did have to give up a second round pick to get Torts as he was still under contract with VAN. Torts did sign a 3 year contract with Columbus. So, we are signed up with him long term. Unless he completely craters too.

Season is young and I hope the CBJ can get this stabilized and show direction.

Wow, was just tecting with my nephew...he just bought section 116 tickets for $40....what gives?

I've seen it mentioned on twitter, and a friend brought it up yesterday as well, that it is probably due to Toronto fans planning on watching the Jays game instead of making the trip to Buffalo.

I've seen it mentioned on twitter, and a friend brought it up yesterday as well, that it is probably due to Toronto fans planning on watching the Jays game instead of making the trip to Buffalo.

yep, just listened to GR morning show, and that was what Jeremy said...makes sense.

From Columbus-land - something had to happen. Either a trade or a coaching change. The trade side was most likely not going to happen at this time of the season as CBJ are at a point of weakness. Teams are not going throw us a life-preserver to help us - they are going to give us an anvil instead in exchange for some very promising young talent.

I hope Torts can interject some fire and some discipline into the CBJ. (Hmm - where have I heard this before.)

CBJ did have to give up a second round pick to get Torts as he was still under contract with VAN. Torts did sign a 3 year contract with Columbus. So, we are signed up with him long term. Unless he completely craters too.

Season is young and I hope the CBJ can get this stabilized and show direction.

sounds like he and Dubinsky had a falling out in NY before he got traded here... Wonder how that will work out. But he talked about him a lot in the press conference.

I agree - there was no way they could go on without a big shake up. I think Torts will use both goalies a lot.

Edited by YoloinOhio