Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evander Kane left the game tonight with a UBI and is likely not to play tomorrow night in Pittsburgh. The team didn't show much all night until a furious rally at the end after being down 3-0.

@BuffaloSabres

Furious rally falls just short. #BUFvsDET

CerlwSPXEAIGRED.jpg

What a debut at The Joe for this guy. Casey Nelson now has 3 points in 2 @NHL games played.

CermcZTWwAAc5M1.jpg

Again, young guys performing well. They seemed to sleep walk through the first 55 mins, but the last 5 were pretty exciting.

Evander Kane left the game tonight with a UBI and is likely not to play tomorrow night in Pittsburgh. The team didn't show much all night until a furious rally at the end after being down 3-0.

@BuffaloSabres

Furious rally falls just short. #BUFvsDET

CerlwSPXEAIGRED.jpg

What a debut at The Joe for this guy. Casey Nelson now has 3 points in 2 @NHL games played.

CermcZTWwAAc5M1.jpg

I bet Nelson is glad he chose buffalo. He couldn't ask for a better start. I thought it was very telling bylsma was using him heavily in the last 5 minutes when the game was on the line, bylsma used Nelson a lot more than I would have expected.

hb9K6ARm_200x200.jpgVS. P_PO0OWm_200x200.jpg

cut.jpg

SABRES (31-35-10) at PENGUINS (42-25-8)

TUE MAR 29, 2016 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/BELL TV

NHL.com Game Preview: Red-hot Penguins set to host Sabres - Buffalo's Kane could miss game with upper-body injury

Season series: The Pittsburgh Penguins have won each game against the Buffalo Sabres by a 4-3 score. Penguins goalie Jeff Zatkoff made 50 saves and center Evgeni Malkin had a goal and an assist in the second period at Consol Energy Center on Oct. 29. Defenseman Kris Letang had three assists at First Niagara Center on Feb 21. Defensemen Zach Bogosian (one goal, two assists) and Rasmus Ristolainen (three assists) lead the Sabres with three points each.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 329)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 76 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Dec. 31; injured reserve) – 39 games
Cody Franson (neck, Feb. 21) – 17 games
Jason Kasdorf (lower body, March 16) – 6 games
Robin Lehner (ankle, March 18) – 5 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/25: Signed F Eric Cornel to an entry-level contract

UPCOMING GAMES
Thursday, March 31: Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 2: Buffalo at NY Rangers, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, April 5: Buffalo at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Friday, April 8: Columbus at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 9: Buffalo at NY Islanders, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at PENGUINS
This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Penguins this season.
Last meeting: Pittsburgh defeated Buffalo, 4-3, in Buffalo on Feb. 21
The Sabres are 2-8-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Penguins; 3-7-0 on the road.
This is the 182nd game all-time between Buffalo and Pittsburgh; Buffalo has a 64-76-41 series record.
The Sabres are 24-48-19 on the road against the Penguins all-time.

Morning Skate: March 29, 2016 from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM at CONSOL Energy Center

This ship is headed in the right direction. They don't quit.

Last night's result is just what we wanted, I guess -- a good fight against a team battling for the playoffs, on the road, but a regulation L.

My son thought i was nuts...but can someone tell me why Danny boy called that timeout last night? Cant remember the Wings player they showed, but NBC showed him sucking wind as soon as the lineman hand went up. I was screaming at the TV for the linesman to hurry up and not that dude lollygag to dot....when the whistle goes and the Sabres are calling a timeout???

Did i read that wrong? Did y'all think that was the right call there?

Edited by plenzmd1

My son thought i was nuts...but can someone tell me why Danny boy called that timeout last night? Cant remember the Wings player they showed, but NBC showed him sucking wind as soon as the lineman hand went up. I was screaming at the TV for the linesman to hurry up and not that dude lollygag to dot....when the whistle goes and the Sabres are calling a timeout???

IMO it was the right call to call the TO in order to get everyone on the same page. It came very close to working with a few good opportunities to tie the game up in that last minute. Close, but no cigar.

I'd need to see some shift charts, but our guys had been out there for probably about two minutes at that point. They were gassed too. Let's face it, they're not going to go to a second line at that point, especially with Kane already out.

What this game against Detroit demonstrates is that there is a clear difference in intensity level in playoff contending games compared to non playoff implication games such as against Winnipeg. For the most part Detroit played with urgency compared to Buffalo. It wasn't until the end of the game where Buffalo turned it up.

I'm very optimistic about the team's future prospects. But we are still a work in progress and have a way to go before becoming a serious team. It's been a long time since the Sabres have played an important playoff meaningful type game at the end of the season. I'm hoping next year the team will be in a position to do so at this time of year.

I'd need to see some shift charts, but our guys had been out there for probably about two minutes at that point. They were gassed too. Let's face it, they're not going to go to a second line at that point, especially with Kane already out.

Good point, I did not think of that. But I still think going to some 2nd line guys against dog chit tired guys is better than some strategy that may or may not play out depending on faceoff outcome.

As 26 mentioned, they did get some great chances... So there is that. But maybe they score if the Red Wing guys didn't get the rest.

Like I said , my son thought I was idiot too!

Good point, I did not think of that. But I still think going to some 2nd line guys against dog chit tired guys is better than some strategy that may or may not play out depending on faceoff outcome.

As 26 mentioned, they did get some great chances... So there is that. But maybe they score if the Red Wing guys didn't get the rest.

Like I said , my son thought I was idiot too!

I thought the result of the time out was great. They had tremendous pressure, but just couldn't get the puck in the net....

What this game against Detroit demonstrates is that there is a clear difference in intensity level in playoff contending games compared to non playoff implication games such as against Winnipeg. For the most part Detroit played with urgency compared to Buffalo. It wasn't until the end of the game where Buffalo turned it up.

I'm very optimistic about the team's future prospects. But we are still a work in progress and have a way to go before becoming a serious team. It's been a long time since the Sabres have played an important playoff meaningful type game at the end of the season. I'm hoping next year the team will be in a position to do so at this time of year.

Not all that far though. With a few moves, which I have no doubt TM will make, this team will contend for a playoff spot next season.

Edited by ricojes

@penguins

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Not all that far though. With a few moves, which I have no doubt TM will make, this team will contend for a playoff spot next season.

Is that really enough to consider them a good team? Contend for a playoff spot if we make a few moves? By which I assume you mean signing Stamkos.....

In a league where so many teams make the playoffs? When I see them I see the potential there but why is everyone expecting it to take so long? They should expect to be in the playoffs next year and make it easily or they are not properly setting their goals.

I think the Sabres will go deep into the playoffs next season. The Sabres are finishing strong. They have a great young core. Fashing and Nelson look promising. We have cap room and might end up in the lottery. And we have plenty of picks to either parlay into top 6 or a defenseman, or we could stockpile Rochester. I am interested in seeing what Murray does this offseason. He is a wheeler-dealer. The future is bright