Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

It was really cool seeing David Legwand recognize the situation and immediately get the puck from Fasching's first goal.

Eichel's goal was beautiful. He's becoming very sneaky with his quick release, which is instrumental in becoming a big time goal scorer in the NHL.

Sam Reinhardt is going to be a special player. He plays VERY smart hockey.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not making a deal for Chad Johnson.was the best deal the GM made during the trade deadline period. He's a very good backup goalie who still gives you a good chance to win when he plays. There is little doubt that the GM favors Lehnerd as his starting goalie. But what is evident from his stint in Ottawa and with Buffalo is that he is injury prone. That makes Johnson even more valuable.

What is becoming evident under Murray as he is constructing this roster is that this team is getting bigger. Bogosian, Foligno, Deslauriers, Risto, Fasching and Rocester's Bailey and others demonstrate that point. Clearly the team he is assembling is getting bigger and playing a tougher brand of game.

Not making a deal for Chad Johnson.was the best deal the GM made during the trade deadline period. He's a very good backup goalie who still gives you a good chance to win when he plays. There is little doubt that the GM favors Lehnerd as his starting goalie. But what is evident from his stint in Ottawa and with Buffalo is that he is injury prone. That makes Johnson even more valuable.

What is becoming evident under Murray as he is constructing this roster is that this team is getting bigger. Bogosian, Foligno, Deslauriers, Risto, Fasching and Rocester's Bailey and others demonstrate that point. Clearly the team he is assembling is getting bigger and playing a tougher brand of game.

:thumbsup:

It took Hudson Fasching one shot to get on the board in his first professional game on Saturday. He'd had one shift so far on the night, just two practices leading up to the game and was exactly one week removed from his last collegiate contest.

Yet the 20-year-old Fasching was, astonishingly, the oldest Sabre to score in a 3-2 victory over the Winnipeg Jets

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=875588&navid=DL|BUF|home

It took Hudson Fasching one shot to get on the board in his first professional game on Saturday. He'd had one shift so far on the night, just two practices leading up to the game and was exactly one week removed from his last collegiate contest.

Yet the 20-year-old Fasching was, astonishingly, the oldest Sabre to score in a 3-2 victory over the Winnipeg Jets

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=875588&navid=DL|BUF|home

that is so cool!

Seeing how Hudson is on a goal per game pace, just give him the the 2017 Calder! :lol::worthy:

hb9K6ARm_200x200.jpgVS. H4lhBejM_200x200.jpg

cut.jpg

SABRES (31-34-10) AT RED WINGS (37-27-11)

MON MAR 28, 2016 @ 7:30 PM ET

TV: NBCSN/SN

NHL.com Game Preview: Red Wings seek important points against Sabres

Season series: The Detroit Red Wings have won three of four games against the Buffalo Sabres (3-1-0), including the past two games by a combined 7-3 score. Justin Abdelkader has two goals and four points to lead the Red Wings. Petr Mrazek has started all four games for Detroit, with a 2.23 goals-against average, .922 save percentage and one shutout. Rasmus Ristolainen has five assists for the Sabres, who have gotten two goals each from rookie Jack Eichel and Evander Kane.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 319)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 75 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Dec. 31; injured reserve) – 38 games
Cody Franson (neck, Feb. 21) – 16 games
Jason Kasdorf (lower body, March 16) – 5 games
Robin Lehner (ankle, March 18) – 4 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/22: Signed D Casey Nelson to an entry-level contract
3/25: Signed F Eric Cornel to an entry-level contract

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, March 29: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Thursday, March 31: Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 2: Buffalo at NY Rangers, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, April 5: Buffalo at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Friday, April 8: Columbus at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at RED WINGS
This is the fifth and final meeting between the Sabres and Red Wings this season.
Last meeting: Detroit defeated Buffalo, 3-0, in Buffalo on Jan. 22
The Sabres are 2-7-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Red Wings; 2-6-2 on the road.
This is the 129th game all-time between Buffalo and Detroit; Buffalo has a 55-56-17 series record.
The Sabres are 20-38-8 on the road against the Red Wings all-time.

Morning Skate: March 28, 2016 from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM at Joe Louis Arena

Got to be honest. As much as I enjoy this sabres team coming together, I'd love to see them lose a competitive game in regulation.

This team is about to really develop into a very good team and I think this draft is going to be our last chance for the next 7 years to really get a top draft pick and it would give us one more blue chip prospect to add to our core moving forward.

Ahh the future is very bright :)

I can see the sabres easily being a 90+ point team next year

Got to be honest. As much as I enjoy this sabres team coming together, I'd love to see them lose a competitive game in regulation.

This team is about to really develop into a very good team and I think this draft is going to be our last chance for the next 7 years to really get a top draft pick and it would give us one more blue chip prospect to add to our core moving forward.

Let's not get greedy. If the Sabres are drafting in the top five they will get an upper tier prospect. If they end up drafting in the range of 6-10 they should still get a good prospect who would require more time to develop. But that doesn't mean that the GM won't make a trade deal for a very good young NHL forward with scoring potential. There is a lot of talk that Edmonton and maybe Colorado are willing to trade one of their talented young forwards for defensive help. Also, Drouin from Tampa could be on the market with a discounted price because of his problems associated with immature behavior.

The Sabres are in a good cap situation entering next year. A number of team are near the limit with their cap so there will be plenty of good players on the move due to contract issues. So there should be good opportunities to bolster the roster and add depth so this team can better be able to deal with injuries.

I understand why Stamkos would be such an appealing free agent target for most people. But I would rather use that gargantuan amount of money to get a couple of very good players than use it on a long term contract to secure one elite player.

There is nothing more valuable than this string of come from behind wins. That's the kind of thing that is going to make these kids believe in themselves. They're already dangerous, but that "we're not done yet" mentality would make them so much more so.

I know a lot of things played a role in it, but this team is on the verge of doing something that will mean a lot in terms of rebounding from the last couple seasons. They're close to catching last year's division champs in the standings. Yes, everything went wrong there, but to me that would be a huge sign of how quickly this can be turned around.

I think tonight will be a great test for the Sabres. Playing a desperate Wings team on the road on a national televised game. I am really looking forward to this game!

Plus it nice out and looking forward to a nice fire on the porch and the Sabres game on...way better than watching inside,

I think tonight will be a great test for the Sabres. Playing a desperate Wings team on the road on a national televised game. I am really looking forward to this game!

Plus it nice out and looking forward to a nice fire on the porch and the Sabres game on...way better than watching inside,

Are you going to alert in advance the fire department that you are going to set your porch on fire? :pirate:

I think tonight will be a great test for the Sabres. Playing a desperate Wings team on the road on a national televised game.

I think the next 2 games will be very interesting. Detroit fighting for a playoff spot and tomorrow we got Pittsburgh, who are the hottest team in the league right now, back to back road games.

Here are the projected lineups:

SABRES

Evander Kane - Ryan O'Reilly - Nicolas Deslauriers

Zemgus Girgensons - Jack Eichel - Sam Reinhart

Marcus Foligno - Johan Larsson - Brian Gionta

Matt Moulson - David Legwand - Hudson Fasching

Josh Gorges - Rasmus Ristolainen

Jake McCabe - Zach Bogosian

Mark Pysyk - Casey Nelson

Chad Johnson

Nathan Lieuwen

Injured: Tyler Ennis (upper body), Cody McCormick (blood clots), Robin Lehner (lower body)

Scratched: Carlo Colaiacovo, Cody Franson

RED WINGS

Justin Abdelkader - Henrik Zetterberg - Dylan Larkin

Darren Helm - Pavel Datsyuk - Anthony Mantha

Gustav Nyquist - Riley Sheahan - Tomas Tatar

Brad Richards - Luke Glendening - Andreas Athanasiou

Danny DeKeyser - Kyle Quincey

Niklas Kronwall - Alexey Marchenko

Jonathan Ericsson - Mike Green

Jimmy Howard

Petr Mrazek

Injured: Drew Miller (knee), Johan Franzen (concussion)

Scratched: Teemu Pulkkinen, Tomas Jurco, Brendan Smith

Status update: Marchenko replaces Smith in the Red Wings lineup.

Who's hot: Reinhart has two goals and two assists in his past four games. … Datsyuk has three goals and four assists in his past six games.

@BuffaloSabres

1f3a5.png@duffersabres sets the scene from Detroit for tonight's game: http://bufsabres.co/wGQeiH

#BUFvsDET
CeqdHYzWIAIP4_O.jpg