Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

Cute nephew. At first I didn't realize I could scroll down the picture and thought your nephew was an 80 year old Canes fan with a beard. I pictured what you look like. It wasn't pretty.

Odd, it works for me. I'm on a different computer now and when I click it brings the picture up right away. Oh well, only my brother could produce a son who looks like an 80 year old.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three more for O'Reilly and we'll have four 20-goal scorers.

Can we fast forward and begin the 2016-17 season yet?

I just wish Larsson had hit the 20 goal mark. Since everything he scores is a game winner, that would make us a playoff team... hell, it would win us the division.

edit: And did anyone else have the honor of being right near the Carolina fan who was walking out of the arena backwards, screaming "**** you", and flipping off all the Sabre fans?

Edited by shrader

Sometime in the middle of the year Paul Hamilton was on WGR talking about the possibility of the Sabres having a 20 point improvement from the previous year. He said that it was improbable because very few teams make that type of jump in points. He wasn't saying it because he felt that the team was behind schedule on the rebuilding process. He felt that the franchise was on the right track. He pointed out that it was an almost an unattainable achievement that rarely happens in the league. That goes to demonstrate that what the Sabres accomplished so far is quite an achievement as the season winds down.

the glass half empty argument is that last year was an all out full tank mode, which depressed the true level of the team which was somewhere in the 60s.

the glass half empty argument is that last year was an all out full tank mode, which depressed the true level of the team which was somewhere in the 60s.

You make an excellent point.

There is no doubt that last year was a full tank job. So the quantum leap has to be put in perspective. The previous two year crash strategy did work out in that two core players (Reinhart and Eichel) came out of that rebuild strategy. What is evident without even considering the amount of points that this team has this year is that these players are bona fide talents in which the team can build around. I'm not saying they are as good as Kande and Toews in Chicago but what I am saying is that they are the caliber of players that serious teams possess.

You make an excellent point.

There is no doubt that last year was a full tank job. So the quantum leap has to be put in perspective. The previous two year crash strategy did work out in that two core players (Reinhart and Eichel) came out of that rebuild strategy. What is evident without even considering the amount of points that this team has this year is that these players are bona fide talents in which the team can build around. I'm not saying they are as good as Kande and Toews in Chicago but what I am saying is that they are the caliber of players that serious teams possess.

No disagreement there. But that's why 20-pt swings are so rare, and in Sabres case, I'd say it was an exception.

just took a look at the standings...Edmonton is only 2 pts up on Toronto, but has 4 hames in hand. Wow.....they could finish dead last again. Can you just imagine them winning the lottery again?

If that thing gets blowd up, anybody have some trade suggestions?

@BillHoppeNHL

A junior season in which Hudson Fasching developed into a leader and all-around threat got him ready for the #Sabres

https://t.co/rdcN4J8G0y

@BuffNewsVogl

Zach Bogosian's aggressiveness in his play and defense of teammates is going a long way for the Sabres.

just took a look at the standings...Edmonton is only 2 pts up on Toronto, but has 4 hames in hand. Wow.....they could finish dead last again. Can you just imagine them winning the lottery again?

If that thing gets blowd up, anybody have some trade suggestions?

There was some talk that the Oilers would be willing to trade Taylor Hall if the right offer came along. They would be looking to improve their defense. I would be willing to give up Pysk or McCabe in an exchange. I like both of our young defensemen but you have to give up something to get something.

This offseason our GM traded for O'Reilly, Bogosian and Kane. Considering what he gave up it is not unreasonable to say that those transactions worked out better for his franchise than for the franchises he dealt with.

Not only does Murray have plenty of cap space to acquire talent but it wouldn't be surprising if this active GM makes a deal or two to add even more talent to the roster.

As I noted in a prior post the Oilers want to rework their roster so they can strengthen their defense. They have plenty of good young forwards as currency in a deal.

@BuffNewsVogl

Hudson Fasching, Casey Nelson get their first taste of NHL life at Sabres' practice: "A dream come true."

https://t.co/KBvlYkGipf

@BillHoppeNHL

Quick story on the excitement Hudson Fasching & Casey Nelson felt today & why Nelson picked the #Sabres http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/hudson-fasching-casey-nelson-excited-to-join-sabres/

W/notes

@JoeYerdon

I asked Bylsma if a guy like Fasching with his abilities is something missing from the #Sabres lineup:

CeVSf8SW4AAaXlp.jpg

This offseason our GM traded for O'Reilly, Bogosian and Kane. Considering what he gave up it is not unreasonable to say that those transactions worked out better for his franchise than for the franchises he dealt with.

Not only does Murray have plenty of cap space to acquire talent but it wouldn't be surprising if this active GM makes a deal or two to add even more talent to the roster.

As I noted in a prior post the Oilers want to rework their roster so they can strengthen their defense. They have plenty of good young forwards as currency in a deal.

Only time will tell, but I do think Compher is going to turn out to be a very good player. Our fans have been gushing over Fasching a bit excessively, but lost in all of that is how Compher's season was far better. Granted, he's playing for a better team and a hell of a set of linemates, but he's definitely looking like a great asset right now for Colorado. But with that said, if he's the only part of those trades I look back on and wish we still had in the organization, I'm going to make that trade in hindsight just about every time.